• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headset that will work on PS4 and Xbox One.

Floody

Are the lower tier Logitechs any good? I think I can grab the Logitech G430 for $30 but y'know, always kinda wary of low priced ones.

I looked at these, does the flip for mute work well? I worry about the constant moving of the mic would eventually cause it to break or loosen up.

Yeah, you have to lift the mic right up to mute, don't see how you could mute or unmute it on accident. Doesn't look like it'll break easy either, no problems with mine.

I have the skullcandy plyr 1 headset.

The headset feels cheap and crappy and the ear cups are small.

But the sound is un-fucking-believable. The dock has an optic in (and out) for 7.1 so will work with anything that has optic.

Can't recommend enough as long as you have tiny ears (I do).

Should be able to grab them for a 100 ish.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I would actually recommend not buying a gamer headset. I've read about that most are overpriced for the sound and build quality that you get.

What I would recommend, and what works for me personally, is buying a good pair of headphones (there are guides out there for this that take into account budget and your particular needs), a cheap lapel mic, and a 3.5mm headset splitter cable to combine the two. Clip lapel mic to headphones/yourself, plug splitter into controller, and enjoy.

Headphones wise, I use a pair of Superlux HD668B's. Cost me about £30, they're comfortable with decent sound quality, and the cable is replaceable.

I would actually recommend not buying a gamer headset. I've read about that most are overpriced for the sound and build quality that you get.

What I would recommend, and what works for me personally, is buying a good pair of headphones (there are guides out there for this that take into account budget and your particular needs), a cheap lapel mic, and a 3.5mm headset splitter cable to combine the two. Clip lapel mic to headphones/yourself, plug splitter into controller, and enjoy.

Headphones wise, I use a pair of Superlux HD668B's. Cost me about £30, they're comfortable with decent sound quality, and the cable is replaceable.

I don't mind paying for convenience.

My headset is wireless, putting the mic vertical mutes it. There's astro drivers in it. Sounds better than my friends sennheiser cans (with splitter, mic etc.)

LoveCake

I honestly don't know what to do, I think I may just go for this option,

I have been looking about and I have found this.
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

Amazon link

then if I get

Turtle Beach Chat Cable for PlayStation 4 Headset Compatibility

Required because of this playstation wireless stereo headset 2.0 mic not working with xbox one

to connect into

Official Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

Will I be able to use this headset in virtual surround sound on my PS4 but just stereo on Xbox One?

I will only be using it for Forza games on my Xbox One, I will mostly be using it on my PS4 for Rainbow Six Siege and other games.

As I know it will work in surround sound on my PS4 at least which is what I will mostly be using for online gaming, does anyone here have this headset and also a Xbox One?

LoveCake

Well as mentioned above.

I'd recommend checking out the plyr 1s.

Surround sound and wireless on both consoles.

I cannot find them for sale anywhere and the few places they are very expensive the current PLYR-2 version is only surround on PC.

I now believe that all headset company's think console players play like this.

yc5g9ef.png

sigh.

Mohasus

I honestly don't know what to do, I think I may just go for this option,

As I know it will work in surround sound on my PS4 at least which is what I will mostly be using for online gaming, does anyone here have this headset and also a Xbox One?

That headset is dogshit. You can find easily find horror stories about it here on GAF. Mine began deteriorating this year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221253
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409086

At this point, I think that going for 2 headsets would be the easier option. At least you won't have to change the usb receiver everytime you play on another console.

LoveCake

That headset is dogshit. You can find easily find horror stories about it here on GAF. Mine began deteriorating this year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221253
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409086

At this point, I think that going for 2 headsets would be the easier option. At least you won't have to change the usb receiver everytime you play on another console.

:( that doesn't look good at all, but two headsets (one for each console) when I cannot find one set?

Everyone suggests HyperX headsets but none are surround sound on consoles or Astros but they need a MixAmp that is £130 and I will need two one for each console plus a headset.

I truly and honestly think that I am asking too much to be able to get a surround sound headset that will work with both Xbox One and PS4 for £100, I have been looking the last few days and there is nothing out-there.

:( that doesn't look good at all, but two headsets (one for each console) when I cannot find one set?

Everyone suggests HyperX headsets but none are surround sound on consoles or Astros but they need a MixAmp that is £130 and I will need two one for each console plus a headset.

I truly and honestly think that I am asking too much to be able to get a surround sound headset that will work with both Xbox One and PS4 for £100, I have been looking the last few days and there is nothing out-there.

Too bad you can't find the plyr 1s.

They're exactly what you're looking for.

7.1, wireless, compatible with both.

Can you check best buy? There's some in the ones near me.

Ogawa-san

Sorry if I missed something, but wouldn't any headset with an optical input on the base and P2 on the unit itself work?

I have a TB Elite 800, which works pretty much the same as any non-Sony wireless headset out there. You can either hook it up to the console through optical, or straight to the TV or HT that acts as an audio passthrough.

No super convenient solution for the mic though. This headset is PS4 compatible so it does work out of the box with it, but to work with the X1 I'd have to hook it to the controller with a P2 cable; just for the mic and chat though, game audio should still be over optical.

I'm pretty sure you won't find a wired set that is 5.1 and works with everything, and a TB800 refurb going for 150 is the cheapest I'd go with anything wireless. Any cheaper and you know it's built like crap and will crumble after a year, like those Sony headsets.

I think what you're saying about the X1 needing a lead for the chat audio is true with most headsets that will work on both.

LoveCake

Too bad you can't find the plyr 1s.

They're exactly what you're looking for.

7.1, wireless, compatible with both.

Can you check best buy? There's some in the ones near me.

I am in the UK.

I appreciate everyone commenting and trying to help and advise me, but honestly I simply cannot understand why there are so many headsets out-there that are surround sound but are either Xbox or PlayStation, seemingly any headset for either console is surround sound on PC, I know I am not wanting to spend a huge amount but £100 is a fair price I think, I don't care if they are wireless or wired, I would rather have wired so I don't have to mess about with batteries.

The reason I want surround sound is because I already have a full surround amp that all my consoles are connected to, I would rather not lose this, but is stereo enough for something like Rainbow Six: Siege? I am thinking that it must be because it is all anyone else can manage with unless they are playing on PC.

PtKid

Banned
I am in the UK.

I appreciate everyone commenting and trying to help and advise me, but honestly I simply cannot understand why there are so many headsets out-there that are surround sound but are either Xbox or PlayStation, seemingly any headset for either console is surround sound on PC, I know I am not wanting to spend a huge amount but £100 is a fair price I think, I don't care if they are wireless or wired, I would rather have wired so I don't have to mess about with batteries.

The reason I want surround sound is because I already have a full surround amp that all my consoles are connected to, I would rather not lose this, but is stereo enough for something like Rainbow Six: Siege? I am thinking that it must be because it is all anyone else can manage with unless they are playing on PC.

Unless you're prepared to spend over £150 for each headset, you won't be able to get a true 7.1 surround sound headset.

I have the Hyper X Cloud 2 and although it is simulated 7.1 the sound quality is amazing and it also works on PS4.

It's without a doubt one of the best headsets under £100.

LoveCake

Unless you're prepared to spend over £150 for each headset, you won't be able to get a true 7.1 surround sound headset.

I have the Hyper X Cloud 2 and although it is simulated 7.1 the sound quality is amazing and it also works on PS4.

It's without a doubt one of the best headsets under £100.

The Hyper X Cloud 2 works on PS4 but it's not simulated 7.1, though is it?

Do I really need surround though for FPS games, I mean most other console gamers will only have stereo headsets anyway won't they?

The Hyper X Cloud 2 works on PS4 but it's not simulated 7.1, though is it?

Do I really need surround though for FPS games, I mean most other console gamers will only have stereo headsets anyway won't they?

There is some debate over the surround with the hyper x cloud 2 on PS4.

Some people think it works and others don't. The mixamp powers on alright but not sure it's working, also volume controls don't work.

I don't know that the simulated surround gives you an edge. Just makes the sound stage bigger. I kept thinking my actual sound system was on the first time I used 7.1 sim headphones. Kept taking them off to make sure.

I am looking at the HyperX Cloud and Sennheiser GSP 300 I like the look and spec of the latter, people here seem to only have said positive comments about Sennheiser, I know they are at the lower end of the Sennheiser range though.
I’ve never used to Sennheisers but I had a pair of HyperX Cloud IIs for a year until they got smashed under something somehow and now the band is messed up. I loved them, sounded good and my friends liked the mic.

Get the new HyperX Cloud Alphas if you go Clouds. They have new drivers, and inline controls, detachable cable, and a new frame for larger heads (me). I can’t imagine getting any other headset at that price point unless you want wireless in which case the best option is Corsair Void Pro.

At the $60 price point it’s between the Cloud Stingers and the Astro A10s. I own the A10s now and I like them, I needed something to get me buy until I figured out what headset to get between the two I mentioned above.

Comfort wise the most comfortable headset I’ve ever tried is the Arctis series from Steelseries.

LoveCake

I have watched some reviews on YouTube and have decided to get the Sennheiser GSP 300's they should be here in the next day or so.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone :)

I have watched some reviews on YouTube and have decided to get the Sennheiser GSP 300's they should be here in the next day or so.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone :)

Congrats. They look great alright. Be sure to report back on what I assume will be an awesome experience.

LoveCake

The Sennheiser GSP 300's are very good I have found, easy to set-up on PS4 and the mic is very good I have been told by people I have chatted with, it's very clear apparently, on the sound side it seems to be rather good direction-wise (I have been playing R6 Siege and Everybody's Golf) I have not played before with a headset so it's quite different but you can easily tell the direction of there enemies on R6 are coming from, had the head-set on for about three hours the first night and they were very comfortable, I won't say I didn't know I had them on but I had no issues with wearing them all that time.

I have the adaptor for my Xbox but that only arrived today and I have not had chance to try the Sennheiser GSP 300's on the Xbox yet, I will report back when I try them.

Top Bottom