• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone iPad Rollout Begins (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, elsewhere "soon")

GeeDuhb

CONFIRMED, works in US! At the top of the login, the "Americas" region selection is available in the app

It looks like Blizzard is just sent out a press release that they have started rolling Hearthstone for iPad out in select regions:

Blizzard Entertainment is pleased to inform swagnificent, Zippi79, MrHeed, JohnTheTree, Successlol, SpiritGuard, AnimaLeet, Waffles, Thinkzalot, SwaggishMike, and everyone else who was asking online, that Hearthstone(TM) : Heroes of Warcraft(TM) , its free-to-play digital card game, is now available on iPad(R) in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, with the iPad App Store(sm) release for the rest of the world coming soon.

Via The Wallstreet Journal

Also a post had been made at HearthPWN

EDIT:

For those of you already complaining about it not being launched in the US, ANYONE can download and play this. The only requirement is that you make an iTunes account for one of the locations that the app has been released. I have compiled a list of instructions:

Steps to creating an Australian (or other country) iTunes account

1. Open iTunes
  2. Log out of your existing account
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the main page
  4. On the bottom right there is a “bubble” the contains the country of the flag for the store you are currently in. Click it.
  5. Select Australia (or other contry you want to create the store for) under “Asia Pacific”
  6. When the page refreshes,click “App Store” at the top, find a free app, and attempt to download it (This is very important to not have it prompt you for a credit card!)
  7. When the sign in window pops up, click create Apple ID
  8. Agree to the terms and what not, and proceed through the sign up screens
  9. When it asks you for a credit card, there should be a “None” box, so use that and complete the signup
  10. You should now be able to log in and find and Download Hearthstone!

NOTE* When you log in on your iOS device, it will warn you that it will switch stores to the Australian store

Also, probably wise not to utilize in-app purchases yet, if you are from the US...just a warning...

Photos:

4L3DV0v.jpg

MacUYH1.jpg

nQowmVG.jpg

doVDff9.jpg

f7z0Vku.jpg

Xater

Why are companies doing this on iOS with F2P games? So shitty. Working out the business model isn't a good reason because that has been done for a while.

If OP tried it out I might just create a Canadian account to play it now.

Chris R

I guess this is something that would get me playing the game more.

I'd also need to find help building some decks so I can actually win a game :(

GeeDuhb

Why are companies doing this on iOS with F2P games? So shitty. Working out the business model isn't a good reason because that has been done for a while.

If OP tried it out I might just create a Canadian account to play it now.

I think they do it as a sort of beta, as they know once it is released in the US, servers will crash and burn lol...

And to update, I just logged into my Australian account, a search brought nothing up but I searched for a Blizzard app and clicked on the developer to see all their apps, and it was there. Downloading as we speak...still to be determined if I will actually be able to log in...stand by...

Kosma

Banned
Welcome to the fold my iOS brothers, prepare for Jaraxxus!

Android and iPhone will be the second half of this year, probably in the October zone.

Has an iphone version been confirmed yet? Id def play more then now if I could do it on my phone :)

satori

O god....they really gonna move this to mobile....I wish for this....and on the other hand....I curse this....

wah...

blackflag

Bring it to US!!! I stopped playing because I can't be bothered to sit in front of an actual computer with a mouse and stuff after sitting in front of one at work all day.

Majine

Banned
Rollout? What the eff.

The idea that I can play Hearthstone literally anywhere is a scary prospect for productivity.

Official Blizzard post on the subject

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12372067396

The Hearthstone iPad rollout begins: today, we’ve launched Hearthstone for iPad in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, with other regions around the world to follow soon!

The iPad version of Hearthstone brings all of the features and excitement of deck-building and dueling your friends that’s currently available for PC right to your fingertips. Wherever you have an Internet connection, you can log in to Hearthstone and amass your card collection, play a friendly game or two against your buddies, or test your skills in Play or Arena mode!

Your Hearthstone collection and data is shared across all devices, so if you’re playing from your PC or Mac at home, you won’t miss a beat when you take Hearthstone on the go with the iPad!

Launching Hearthstone in a limited set of countries allows us to focus on the end-to-end player experience and make sure it’s awesome before we move on to the rest of the world. If you don’t live in Australia, Canada, or New Zealand, you don’t have much longer to wait to get your hands on Hearthstone for iPad—Murloc Scout’s honor.

Keep an eye on playhearthstone.com, Hearthstone on Facebook, and Hearthstone on Twitter for the latest news and rollout updates!

iPad is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.

kanuuna

I need this right now. Here in Europe.
How do the effects look on the iPad? And for those that can report back on that, which device are you running? I should hope it looks just the same as the desktop version on an iPad 4.

Thanks to their low populations, Canada and Australia have become beta testers of the English world.

And New Zealand! We are one of the few countries with EFTPOS that for a transaction account (not a credit card account) because they trialled it here and it stuck.

Just finished playing on an Ipad 2. A few stutters but nothing I can't deal with. Got a card pack for playing too.

This version is going to get me in a lot of trouble.

Nibiru

Banned
You get a free pack for playing on your Ipad btw. Pretty cool and it plays perfect! I used the aus link above and then installed to my ipad. I didn't see it on the actual Canadian store yet.

You get a free pack for playing on your Ipad btw. Pretty cool and it plays perfect! I used the aus link above and then installed to my ipad. I didn't see it on the actual Canadian store yet.

Guess I'll have to borrow my brother's iPad just for that.

Nibiru

Banned
I have an American account, but switched it to Australia as the country and I'm in!

I didn't have to do any of that myself. I just downloaded it to itunes on my pc using the Australian store link above then installed it to the ipad. Not sure if that works everywhere though.

kanuuna

I didn't have to do any of that myself. I just downloaded it to itunes on my pc using the Australian store link above then installed it to the ipad. Not sure if that works everywhere though.

Wouldn't let me through on my actual iTunes account that's Finnish, and I couldn't log into the Australian store with that. And you can't make a new account without attaching a credit card to it, can you?

Ennoia

Banned
Is there some one live at Australia can tell me how much is the card pack being sold there on PC/Mac? Is the $ 3.79/12.99/24.99/64.99 price on iPad equal to that?

Top Bottom