• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
She is one of the most brilliant trolls I have ever seen, it's almost a work of art.

Yeah its obvious she's playing it up, can;t stand to watch it though.

So Amaz just bought 80 packs.

Think he got:

Golden King Krush
Black Knight
Nat Pagle
Van Cleef
One more i dont recall

Zafir

I hate to be the guy who rags on girl gamers or whatever, but Kaceytron gives em a bad name. Fair play if shes making a killing I guess...

Eh. It works both ways though. If you stream as a girl, expect there to be a lot of comments about that fact, and not the game(It puts me off streaming, honestly). While some females do stream for the attention of being a girl who games(All streamers stream for attention so I add that to specify), men are perfectly happy giving girls attention regardless of the girls reasons for streaming.

Acinixys

Eh. It works both ways though. If you stream as a girl, expect there to be a lot of comments about that fact, and not the game(It puts me off streaming, honestly). While some females do stream for the attention of being a girl who games(All streamers stream for attention so I add that to specify), men are perfectly happy giving girls attention regardless of the girls reasons for streaming.

Theres a diffrence between a girl who streams and a streamer grill though

The one has a small webcam of her face and plays like anyone else would

The second has 40% gaming content and 60% fullscreen boobs and bullshit

I remember watching a stream earlier this year where a girl was inviting people to sub by writing their names on her boobs when they did. Top quality twitch content

To each his own I guess. The solution is to not watch them and give them views

CoolOff

What's with all the fucking Paladins all of a sudden (Rank 8-10 EU)? It's not a good counter to neither Zoo nor Hunter is it? Trying to fuck over Control Warriors?

Zafir

Theres a diffrence between a girl who streams and a streamer grill though

The one has a small webcam of her face and plays like anyone else would

The second has 40% gaming content and 60% fullscreen boobs and bullshit

I remember watching a stream earlier this year where a girl was inviting people to sub by writing their names on her boobs when they did. Top quality twitch content

To each his own I guess. The solution is to not watch them and give them views
I think you're entirely missing my point, I wasn't even denying that. I'm just saying, you can't just blame women for this situation, nor is it as black and white as you seem to think.

Maybe not you specifically, but a lot of men are perfectly happy giving people like Kaceytron the attention they're after. It takes two to tango, as the saying goes. So while, you, nor I may not agree with her methods, a lot of people do else she wouldn't have the viewers.

The other issue is, if you stream as a female, you'll get attention regarding your gender even if you're just a girl who happens to want to stream a game. So even if you want to just stream the game like a average male would, some people will make your stream about your gender anyway unless you heavily moderate the chat.

Anyway I guess this is getting a bit off topic from Hearthstone, so sorry for derailing a bit. :p
What's with all the fucking Paladins all of a sudden (Rank 8-10 EU)? It's not a good counter to neither Zoo nor Hunter is it? Trying to fuck over Control Warriors?
It does ok versus them if they draw what they need to deal.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I think paladin is quite good against hunter. Lots of healing so hunter can't just burn them out, board clears post unleash, and humility/peacekeeper are strong answers to highmane. And dudes to proc freezing traps.

Current hunter plays a lot fewer mid-range creatures and they rely almost entirely on their highmanes which they protect with freezing traps. Paladins can counter their offense really well and aren't screwed over by freezing trap the way warrior is.

Tacitus_

I think paladin is quite good against hunter. Lots of healing so hunter can't just burn them out, board clears post unleash, and humility/peacekeeper are strong answers to highmane. And dudes to proc freezing traps.

Current hunter plays a lot fewer mid-range creatures and they rely almost entirely on their highmanes which they protect with freezing traps. Paladins can counter their offense really well and aren't screwed over by freezing trap the way warrior is.

Though if you don't draw your early game you'll just die. If you can keep your health relatively high until t5+ you'll probably win. Though the reynad hunter deck can do a lot of damage in a single turn if you don't have multiple taunts up.

Zemm

Anyone that throws out friend invites after a loss or win just to trash talk really need to have a long hard look at themselves.

johnsmith

remember me
I've had more pleasant conversations than people wanting to spew profanities. Usually it's people wanting to talk about a good game or comment on the deck differences in a mirror match.

Terra

I massacred a french-speaking guy about four weeks ago. He rage-added me afterwards just to spew shit after shit on me.

I am not from a french speaking country, but as I ran the conversation through Google Translate, it was something about my mother and father being dogs, and I was a total idiot. He probably thought I was from france too, as he said my IP was french.

I had such a good laugh. Man, he had some serious problems, and I always feel sorry for those people.
It's only a game.

KingKiller

Neo Member
I've only had one person add me and it was because he wanted to know if the deck I was using was posted anywhere. It was. I can't make my own decks.

Help me out guys... Don't know what to do. I'm deadlocked in the ladder at rank 11. I have 0 legendaries in my collection but it seems like everyone and there mother has a plethora of them at this level. Black Knight, Rag, Ysera, Leeroy, you name it. I can't compete against them and I don't have enough dust/money to craft/hunt for legendaries. What do?

Leezard

Help me out guys... Don't know what to do. I'm deadlocked in the ladder at rank 11. I have 0 legendaries in my collection but it seems like everyone and there mother has a plethora of them at this level. Black Knight, Rag, Ysera, Leeroy, you name it. I can't compete against them and I don't have enough dust/money to craft/hunt for legendaries. What do?

Either get a zoo/hunter deck which are both cheap, or get good at arena.

johnsmith

remember me

Make this deck. Replace Leroy with an oasis snapjaw or stampeding kodo.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/89501-reynads-op-hunter-mad-scientist-deck

Nice... Lmao didn't even think the put Mad Scientist in a Hunter deck. That seems iffy to me for some reason though. Aren't Hunter secrets about the timing of placing them? Does the random element take away from that or is it purely about card advantage? I think I have all these cards otherwise so I'll use this. Thanks!

@other poster
I SUCK at Arena. =/ No matter how many guides I look through or how many drafts I think were amazing, I can get a max of 6 wins... No higher...

Nice... Lmao didn't even think the put Mad Scientist in a Hunter deck. That seems iffy to me for some reason though. Aren't Hunter secrets about the timing of placing them? Does the random element take away from that or is it purely about card advantage? I think I have all these cards otherwise so I'll use this. Thanks!

@other poster
I SUCK at Arena. =/ No matter how many guides I look through or how many drafts I think were amazing, I can get a max of 6 wins... No higher...

One thing hunter does benefit from off of mad scientist is getting traps out so the bow can gain durability after triggered.

FStop7

Banned
That Reynad Hunter deck... the Mad Scientist deck... that's some fun stuff.

People love to hate on Reynad, but he and Kolento have each come up with some really fun and powerful decks.

johnsmith

remember me
Plus the trap was free. Didn't cost you a card from your hand or 2 mana, which more than makes up for the possibly suboptimal timing.

I think we'll see Mad Scientist nerfed to a 1/1.

I don't think we'll see it nerfed for basically 3 reasons:

1 - it is even worse than loot hoarder late game because loot hoarder will draw you a card when it dies, but mad scientist may do nothing since there may be no secrets left in your deck. And the secrets in your hand are not part of the pool.

2 - it forces your deck to be somewhat built around it. 3 secrets minimum I would guess. And that is pushing it.

3 - lack of control over the secret put into play. The trade off being that it is freely played of course. But it can easily backfire as well.

It is definitely a solid card. If it is changed at all, it'll probably be something like making it similar to loot hoarder stat wise. Making it 1/1 is pretty brutal.

Tacitus_

I'll have to find it later unless someone else finds it, but there is a video of Kripp winning on turn 3 or 4 with two Dust Devils.

There's also a video of Trump losing to that specific combo. I think it was titled Kripp the prophet or something like that.

His reaction was hilarious :lol

imBask

Banned

1 - it is even worse than loot hoarder late game because loot hoarder will draw you a card when it dies, but mad scientist may do nothing since there may be no secrets left in your deck. And the secrets in your hand are not part of the pool.

2 - it forces your deck to be somewhat built around it. 3 secrets minimum I would guess. And that is pushing it.

3 - lack of control over the secret put into play. The trade off being that it is freely played of course. But it can easily backfire as well.

It is definitely a solid card. If it is changed at all, it'll probably be something like making it similar to loot hoarder stat wise. Making it 1/1 is pretty brutal.

they need to implement an anti-secret mechanic then... one way or the other, that card is pretty stupidly good

JesseZao

It's worth comparing it to Captain's Parrot, which is a 1/1 and merely draws a random pirate. Mad Scientist puts the secret in play.

imBask

Banned
It's worth comparing it to Captain's Parrot, which is a 1/1 and merely draws a random pirate. Mad Scientist puts the secret in play.

but there are not a lot of good Pirate cards, and it puts it in your hand...

secrets are mostly good, and they get put INTO PLAY which is insane for a 2/2 for 2

FStop7

Banned
What golden legendary would you guys craft? Got a bit of dust and I feel like getting one. lol

Golden Jaraxxus is so boss.

I also think it's worth crafting the gold version of the centerpiece card in your favorite deck. The card that people love/hate the most. For example, I crafted two golden Auctioneers for use in Miracle Rogue. Just for the extra trolling factor.

Cipherr

Mad Scientist is kinda wild. With 3 secrets that have good early game uses as well as late game, it is a very over budgeted minion. I merely don't play secrets like Vaporize that I wouldn't want used to early to make sure the one Scientist I play doesn't end up backfiring on me.

There are the rare opportunities that a scientist could play a counterspell and end up only eating the opponents coin, but in that case you have to know better than to play the scientist if you have counterspells and the coin hasn't been used yet.

I got a looot of friend requests with the Mill Druid deck. Nope.

Haha, I cannot even imagine the stuff that deck must pull in terms of hostile chats. I wouldnt accept the friends requests either, lol.

There's also a video of Trump losing to that specific combo. I think it was titled Kripp the prophet or something like that.

His reaction was hilarious :lol

Yall need to find and post these videos.

Silexx

I massacred a french-speaking guy about four weeks ago. He rage-added me afterwards just to spew shit after shit on me.

I am not from a french speaking country, but as I ran the conversation through Google Translate, it was something about my mother and father being dogs, and I was a total idiot. He probably thought I was from france too, as he said my IP was french.

I had such a good laugh. Man, he had some serious problems, and I always feel sorry for those people.
It's only a game.

Lol I know exactly what he was calling you.

Don't worry though, he's just saying the French equivalent of SOB.

FStop7

Banned
I keep thinking on how historically Blizzard has been all about low barriers to entry. The days of the Vanilla "you had to have been around for A to do B so you could qualify for C in order to be competitive in D" are long gone in WoW. It'll be interesting to see how they handle a full 100-300 expac, because there's no way as a new player I'd look at the existing expert set, Naxx and a new set almost as big as the existing one and say "yeah, sure, sign me up".

If enough people are willing to fork over 200 day one I guess that doesn't matter much though.

My guess is that if/when a large expansion hits some of the older cards will be removed and/or Blizzard will offer the full set of "gen 1" cards at a very cheap price, possibly free, to new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom