• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heath Ledger is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
straydog1980 said:
there are no articles to read? just the headline wtf.

Finally got updated.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23116107-10388,00.html

Local man says he saw masseuse let bodyguards into Ledger's flat

Manhattan chef Joseph Cotto said that as Ledger lay dead on a mattress on his bedroom floor, the actor's masseuse let actor Olsen's bodyguards into the apartment ahead of emergency crews.
Mr Cotto's version of events contradicts assertions the Full House star's security guards were never left alone with the body.

Mr Cotto, 37, said he was walking past Ledger's SoHo apartment on Wednesday (Tuesday afternoon, New York time) when he saw men running into the building.

"I thought someone was having a heart attack, so I came over to see if I could help," Mr Cotto said yesterday. "I saw the masseuse in the foyer and she seemed nervous and in shock, like she didn't know what to do.

"I saw her let the bodyguards in, she was freaking out.

"They were the first people to arrive, then the paramedics and police turned up about two or three minutes later.

"I saw it all. Anything could have happened in that time."

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/26/heaths-death-could-be-natural-causes/

It sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the masseuse could have heard snoring.

Authorities are also annoyed at news reports that there may have been a sinister plot to remove illegal drugs from Ledger's apartment before cops and firemen arrived. There are reports out there that the masseuse called Mary Kate Olsen and a plot was hatched to have her bodyguard remove certain drugs. Authorities tell us that's impossible, because the cops were there the entire time the bodyguard was present and there would have been no opportunity to carry out such a plan. They say it's a made up story.

As we first reported, the masseuse contacted the bodyguard because she knew he was a licensed EMT.

Flynn

A friend who was at Sundance told me an interesting anecdote. Before Ledger's death the place was a zoo -- the day after he said you could walk around the town and hear a pin drop.

Ninja Scooter said:
did the "he laughs" part give away that he was probably just messing around and not ACTUALLY furious? I doubt Nicholson gives a shit.

This is probably true but does that make it any better? So all you have to do is have a little snicker and you can say all the offensive shit you want about someone? Whether or not he was serious doesn't matter as his comments were still extremely offensive and the fact he had a little giggle really doesn't make them any better.

diunxx

AdventureRacing said:
This is probably true but does that make it any better? So all you have to do is have a little snicker and you can say all the offensive shit you want about someone? Whether or not he was serious doesn't matter as his comments were still extremely offensive and the fact he had a little giggle really doesn't make them any better.

if you are talking about the joker comment ledger was alive when he said it.

Flynn said:
A friend who was at Sundance told me an interesting anecdote. Before Ledger's death the place was a zoo -- the day after he said you could walk around the town and hear a pin drop.

Reminds me of being at Sundance when Bush was sworn in back in 2001.

AdventureRacing said:

Please remove the stick from your ass

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Ripclawe said:

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the masseuse could have heard snoring.

so why the fuck did the masseuse lied?, this justs get weirder and weirder.

Sir Fragula said:
I disagree. I thought they were awful. Genuinely surprised to see people thought he was actually talented rather than the typical Holywood "eye candy" for the ladies and gay men. I mean, you can be eye candy and still be a good actor - George Clooney in anything from Sodeberg for instance. Indeed, you can be eye candy and a self-important arsehole in real life and still be a good actor... George Clooney again. I just thought Ledger's performances were so boring in all the films I've seen him in.

You have horrible taste in movies and actors, Heath ledger made some terrific films and took his jobs serious.

Flynn

andrewjnyc said:
Reminds me of being at Sundance when Bush was sworn in back in 2001.

That's funny. I was at the Standard, a fancy schmancy Hollywood hotel the night the results were coming in. I don't think anybody expected it. There was a pall over the place, like they all knew we were fucked.

Clevinger

Gexecuter said:
so why the fuck did the masseuse lied?, this justs get weirder and weirder.

Because a whole shit load of people are looking at this and she doesn't want to look negligent and anger many, many people for a mistake a lot of us would make.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
SanjuroTsubaki said:
See my mock Jack interview on the other page. The media is asking a man who knows nothing about this person a question which he has 3 seconds to make a media friendly answer where ultimately it means he doesn't care.
Eh... NOTHING explains away the manner in which he says "I warned him." He takes a couple seconds to think about the question and then with a cruel smile, delivers his line. It's either extremely poor taste or honest disregard for human life, because it's clear from the video he knew exactly what he was responding to.

Tamanon

Banned
Dan said:
Eh... NOTHING explains away the manner in which he says "I warned him." He takes a couple seconds to think about the question and then with a cruel smile, delivers his line. It's either extremely poor taste or honest disregard for human life, because it's clear from the video he knew exactly what he was responding to.

People care too much about what an actor that had nothing to do with Heath Ledger has to say about his death.

Dan said:

you're reading way to much into it. For one, Jack Nicholson is ALWAYS smiling. Thats kind of his thing. Considering he was signing autographs and people were snapping pictures of him, its not such a stretch...and second, maybe he just wasn't affected by Ledger's death like you or others were. What does he have to do? Break down and cry? From what i heard it sounds like he thinks its a shame someone died so young and then he moved on. Not everyone is Daniel Day Lewis. Jack has probably seen so much shit in his 50 years in Hollywood that a young actor dying doesn't even phase him. You are acting like he is glad Ledger is dead or something.

Tamanon

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Why did you have to piss on my condolences?

A guy comes here to pay respect and you question my respectful words?

And that jack nicholoson is a piece of shit.

:lol :lol Satire is awesome.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sad and unfortunate, but no reason to start hating Jack. Jack is the fuckin man. He can say whatever he wants. He's earned the right to do so.

Garcia

isamu said:
Sad and unfortunate, but no reason to start hating Jack. Jack is the fuckin man. He can say whatever he wants. He's earned the right to do so.

No he can't.

So Ledger was dead hours before they found him?...That's even weirdier.

WTF, was this posted?

680985-7159-in.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I was kind of wondering how the group plans picket. They seem to be making a big assumption that he'll be buried in the States and not in Australia. What kind of protest laws do they have over there?

Guzim

DrForester said:
I was kind of wondering how the group plans picket. They seem to be making a big assumption that he'll be buried in the States and not in Australia. What kind of protest laws do they have over there?
I think they're picketing the wake for Heath in LA.

DrForester said:

they are idiots, they probably don't even know where Austrailia is on map. They just want TV time to spread their agenda and sadly the media constantly gives in to them. The less these inbred psychos are talked about the better.

batbeg

Watched 10 Things I Hate About You for the first time last now, was pretty disappointed as it's the first time I've ever disliked a movie with Heath Ledger. It had its moments, sure, but it was kind of generic. Also saw Brokeback Mountain again, can't believe Ledger didn't get an oscar for it. And people claim the guy is eye candy? Fuck. Off. I never even liked that film, but Ledger and Gyllenhaal were amazing in it.

Tonight is A Knight's Tale and Cassanova (also a first timer). I want to see the Four Feathers remake as I really enjoyed it but I can't find it anywhere :(

Mifune

Mehmber
batbeg said:
Watched 10 Things I Hate About You for the first time last now, was pretty disappointed as it's the first time I've ever disliked a movie with Heath Ledger. It had its moments, sure, but it was kind of generic. Also saw Brokeback Mountain again, can't believe Ledger didn't get an oscar for it. And people claim the guy is eye candy? Fuck. Off. I never even liked that film, but Ledger and Gyllenhaal were amazing in it.

Tonight is A Knight's Tale and Cassanova (also a first timer). I want to see the Four Feathers remake as I really enjoyed it but I can't find it anywhere :(

I know I'm alone on this one, but I totally love Heath's performance in The Brothers Grimm. It's so Gilliam-unhinged.

batbeg

Actually I quite liked The Brothers Grimm. I didn't think it was stellar or anything, but it was enjoyable and I liked Heath Ledger in it (I said this within the first few pages of the thread, but Heath Ledger used to be my favorite actor already). I don't own it, but I should get my fiancee to bring it over as I know she does. I'm trying to watch as much as I can in a small amount of time, so I still have to get The Patriot and Sin Eater out of the way, but I don't actually own any more movies with him in it after that.

:(

Sanjuro

Mifune said:
I know I'm alone on this one, but I totally love Heath's performance in The Brothers Grimm. It's so Gilliam-unhinged.
Your not alone. I thought the Brothers Grimm was a great film with Ledger's performance leagues away from the rest.

Brothers Grimm is pretty good. People on GAF don't appreciate anything if it's not 1) A very serious drama featuring unsubtly stated themes about racism, bigotry, communication gaps, etc, 2) A very boring film with lots of "artistic" long shots or slow motion shots of people jumping around in bikini briefs and a cape, or 3) Knocked Up/Superbad. Don't listen to them.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Yeah, he'd rather be in a Rob Reiner piece of shit like the Bucket List.. [\QUOTE]

It's called an easy paycheck, every actor up in years does plenty of those. Acting gets harder and an easy job that gets them a few new toys and takes some payments off is hard to turn down.

Jack is just being Jack. Can we please get over this?

Insane Metal said:
WTF, was this posted?

Nutcase Westboro church:
http://img.terra.com.br/i/2008/01/23/680985-7159-in.jpg

So, you can go to hell for just acting gay in a movie? WTF is wrong with those people?

Ironically, it is the militant anti-gay thing that is destroying religion. As people realize gay people are just normal people who had some random gene point in the wrong direction, they are realizing that hating gays is just stupid old superstition.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Yeah, he'd rather be in a Rob Reiner piece of shit like the Bucket List..
Rob Reiner made Bucket list? *sigh* . . . he used to make AWESOME movies like The Sure Thing, When Harry Met Sally, Spinal Tap, etc.

Ah well . . . at least it was successful.

Guzim said:
I think they're picketing the wake for Heath in LA.
It'd be awesome if folks dressed up as gang of cowboys armed with cream pies and spoiled milk filled condom balloons and crash their little picketing party in LA, smashing pies and balloons in their faces while shouting "GOD HATES ASSHOLES!".

Shit, I'd pay to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom