• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Account Linking Reversal

Mr Moose

Oh, yeah, I don’t think they will enforce it for single player games. They’ll make it optional for trophies and cross-progress like Microsoft.

But man, those suits must be pissed. They caught lightning in a bottle with Helldivers II and wish they could add it to their MAUs numbers. There’s no telling when they’ll publish such another multiplayer hit. These are hard to come by.
Totoki on the phone to Arrowhead boss: お前はもう死んでいる.

Laptop1991

Would love if this energy would go outside of the gaming community.

People should look it up what governments do with the WHO rn and we knew that for months and its still happening.
Yeah your right, i completely agree and i have experience of WHO myself and my daughter, it should happen with all over the top control and predatory actions and practices.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Now do EA, MS, Ubisoft, Take Two, and Rockstar.

Do you really think 'Sony is only as bad as the rest of these bastards' is the solid argument you seem to think it is?

If anything, hopefully this will lead to more backlash against all those rapacious cunts as well. Though I won't hold my breath.

The corporations don't love you. They are all the same.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Do you really think 'Sony is only as bad as the rest of these bastards' is the solid argument you seem to think it is?

If anything, hopefully this will lead to more backlash against all those rapacious cunts as well. Though I won't hold my breath.

No, actually. I would legitimately prefer these other shitty companies roll over too.

Unknown?

It won't. PC gamers did nothing about the horse armor when it started.

Three

Console gamers after PC gamers get what they want.

jake lloyd wow GIF
Console gamers have that power too. They stopped doubling of xbox live prices and kept the PS3/Vita store open. Console gamers haven't refunded games to avoid account registration on star wars, Sea of theives, Cod, etc yet. Maybe they should, though if we're being honest PC users didn't really stop that either.

Sorcerer

I wonder if Sony had owned Arrowhead if they would have not reversed the decision? I understand the community plays a huge part in the reversal but I wonder if they also felt they needed to stay in Arrowhead's good graces for the future?

Things are certainly changing. Companies would never back down in the past. First the Tomb Raider reversal and now this. The future is starting to look a little brighter just when I thought it was getting a lot more dim.

Last edited:

Bojji

Rockstar and Ubisoft are the worst of them.

I lost access to GTA5 on EGS because someone stole my R account and changed email address for it, luckily I was able to regain it with R support but why this shit is even needed when I have license for this game on EGS?

I have AC2, ACB and ACR on Steam and I can't play them because I don't fucking remember what account I used for them in 2011... (maybe it's even deleted now).

Thanks to pirates I can play some of my games again, lol.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
We aren't upset over it.

We're amazed how upset PC gamers were.

The only legitimate concerns were from those in unsupported countries.

It is absolutely a legitimate concern to object to being forced into signing up for a service account that is blatantly unnecessary, and provides no benefit to the consumer whatsoever.

You may be upset because Sony were on the receiving end this time around, but maybe it'll be another company next time, and you'll see the benefits of consumer action working against major corporations.

Last edited:
Starship Troopers GIF

I did my part. Reviewed it negatively on both Steam and PSN. Even if I can link my account, I don't think it was the right move by Sony to implement it in a mandatory fashion post-launch, despite the Steam page clearly stating that a 3rd-party account link was required to play HD2. If they didn't want any backlash Sony should have made it mandatory day-1. Simple as that.

Now I'm more curious about the situation of all those countries that are not PSN-supported that had the game removed from Steam.

Will Sony offer refunds to those who bought the game in said regions, or, will they just backpedal to the old status quo before this situation came to be?

Last edited:
Learn from this.
Always complain when these corporations try to pull their bullshit.
Don't let yourselves be silenced by the bootlickers who say it's no big deal.

It wasn't a big deal.

But kudos to Sony for giving the whiny-ass bitches their day in the sun. Sony continues to demonstrate their customer focus. And whiny bitch PC gamers get to save 4 minutes of their seemingly precious time signing up for a PSN account (even though they probably spent more time bitching online than it would have taken them to sign up for an account).

lifa-cobex

It wasn't a big deal.

But kudos to Sony for giving the whiny-ass bitches their day in the sun. Sony continues to demonstrate their customer focus. And whiny bitch PC gamers get to save 4 minutes of their seemingly precious time signing up for a PSN account (even though they probably spent more time bitching online than it would have taken them to sign up for an account).
Spider Man Lol GIF

Senua

Gold Member
It wasn't a big deal.

d053717cde1d930dc0cae04a96001fe2.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It wasn't a big deal.

Sony will row back on the requirement, and everyone who has defended their greed in the past few days will praise them for 'making the right decision' despite the fact they didn't think it was the right decision until Sony told them it was.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It was a nothing burger to begin with, So I'm not surprised they changed their tune.
Wasn't worth the headache
Now let's see that shit work on something actually important

It wasn't a big deal.

Is this level of corporate boot licking even legal? Just a sorry sight all around.

Unknown?

Neither did console gamers.
Arguably that's worse. At least PC gamers can ignore it and mod around it for free.
Yeah and that was a piss poor decision. Should have refunded the game and/or stopped buying it but Oblivion was biggest on PC so PC gamers had more of a say.

Sony usually doubles down when it comes to stuff like this when it’s on their own platform, because a huge majority of idiot fanboys defend it or say it’s no big deal. This is what happens when you’re going after a player based that isn’t solely your own and brainwashed. Good for PC players.

Go ahead and have a wank offline.

You don't need my permission and you certainly don't need to announce it.

Some of you guys are weird, man.

Actually, the disingenious discourse downplaying the issue with invalid comparisons and downright insults to a gaming community that stood up against anti-consumer bullshit, coming from ardent fanboys has been 'weird' to say the least.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

It wasn't a big deal.

Toy Story GIF

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

Yeah and that was a piss poor decision. Should have refunded the game and/or stopped buying it but Oblivion was biggest on PC so PC gamers had more of a say.
No, no, no
That's not how it works.
PC gamers get to have our cake and eat it to.

Pc gamers moded around it. That was our way of giving Bethesda the finger.
The base game itself was fine. Had no reason to boycott it.
The problem was the DLC. Hence the mod.
Fire with fire.

Buggy Loop

Offline Single player game requirements:
Screenshot-20240506-132634-Chrome.jpg

The same people "fighting account registration because they aint no shit eating bootlickers" :
6ef.gif

The terms were clear from day 1. Anyone not agreeing to this can just skip. Those who don't care can buy.

Changing terms months later is a dick move. Do you not agree bootlicker?

I'm so glad you're back. I almost spit my coffee.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It wasn't a big deal.

Doesn't matter if the deal was big or small.

Sony tried to force their data collecting shit on a game that works without PSN. People complained, loudly, and Sony had to pull back.

Does it make those who complained "whiny-ass bitches"? No, they are just consumers with common sense and a bit of self-respect. You don't have to bend over everytime a company tells you to do so.

Top Bottom