• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 overnight success is exactly why MS knew not to even try & make Call Of Duty Xbox exclusive

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
That's stupid. Phil walked into a conversation like the fucking Kool-aid guy and said "Nope, Starfield exclusive!"

Phil also believes that Nintendo's future is being a 3rd party publisher/developer and that "it's taking them while to realize that". The man is delusional and, at this point, out of ideas.

Steve Jobs quoted the guy who was CEO of Apple before he came back saying "Apple is like a sinking ship. My job is to point it in the right direction".

That reminds me of Phil Spencer right now.

Mr Moose

That's stupid. Phil walked into a conversation like the fucking Kool-aid guy and said "Nope, Starfield exclusive!"

Phil also believes that Nintendo's future is being a 3rd party publisher/developer and that "it's taking them while to realize that". The man is delusional and, at this point, out of ideas.

Steve Jobs quoted the guy who was CEO of Apple before he came back saying "Apple is like a sinking ship. My job is to point it in the right direction".

Yup, Phil Spencer is a fucking idiot.

onQ123

With Starfield there wasn't much to lose but the money put into Starfield but to let Call Of Duty fall would have been a tragic.

tusharngf

You can't compare juggernaut COD with helldivers. Cod has been on no 1 spot every single year and has only been replaced by rockstar titles.

Topher

Gold Member
Helldivers 2 ain't just some "random game". Did I miss a recent Call of Duty launch or something?

What is this thread? Do I need to be drunk to join in?

Spike Lee What GIF by NETFLIX

Ozzie666

I once thought it was impossible to kill Halo and Master Chief, but here we are.
But failing COD would be one hell of an accomplishment, Imagine Battlefront does better.

Last edited:
Is this the level of GAF threads these days?

Does OP know that keeping CoD multiplatform is part of their acquisition agreement for a time, so they can't make it exclusive?

Probably as long as the other platforms continue to be big for COD. It will probably be an extremely long time before it goes exclusive especially if they keep failing with hardware. That's assuming that revenue is still their goal though but that can change.

You really set this post up for discussion didn't you?

He can't make it exclusive anyway, he has said that Xbox will continue to make the game multiplatform as part of the deal when purchasing the publisher.

I'm nobody

Helldivers 3 budget gunna be huge

I'd like 6 players n a couple sat inside the ship controlling our battle ground eg ac130 shooting bugs n orbital strikes shot from live players

richdot

Neo Member
Call of duty runs like shit on series x to say they own it why do I have to keep playing it on my ps5 the camo texture blur bug on Xbox is a disgrace everybody moans like hell about it yet they don't fix it ?

Last edited:

richdot

Neo Member
Nothing at all I don't smoke or drink .

You might not understand what I'm saying but in a simple way I'm saying the industry can easily be shifted so doing something crazy like limiting Call of Duty to a small userbase like Xbox will open the door for another game to grab up the audience.
People that play cod will carry on playing cod on which ever platform they want? Xbox isn't limiting cod? They are quite dumb but not that dumb...

Crayon

Other publishers were probably throwing shit at the walls dreaming up products to fill the vacuum the day abk was announced. You'd have to be a pretty dedicated cod player to buy a console they didn't want so they can keep playing. How many of the ps players are supposed to do that? Especially if one or more copycats show up? It puts cod as a brand at risk. Stupid plan.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Only because it has no competition. The day someone makes a fun World War FPS, COD is dead. It's a very risky move, though.
It has no competition because it destroyed everything that went up against it. Battlefield still exists but it's days of being a possible CoD killer if they just did *this one thing* are over.

Top Bottom