• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellhunter - Essentially Supernatural: the RPG, Kickstarter soon

bunkitz

I am very ashamed to not have realized how much like Supernatural it is, but damn, this looks very promising. I love me some isometric games and shooting mechanics like those in twin-stick shooters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I asked when the beta will be available and was told "ASAP". I expect it to be done through Steam as the game will have undoubtedly been greenlit by the time the campaign ends, and on a related note it will be DRM-free everywhere, including Steam.

Ashtar

Hunter: The Reckoning? You could say it's like Hunter: The Reckoning.
I LOVED. Hunter the reckoning but for me a main draw of that game was co-op and basically being a beat em type game this games isn't really that though as I see it being more of an investigation and trapping type game

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like the look of this but, and this is incredibly specific to me I know, its going to piss me off if the procedural generation for the levels doesn't at least attempt to resemble believable architecture. If I'm going to be exploring a "house" the last thing I want is for it to feel like a stitched together set of messy rooms unless the monster is a perception warping thing or whatever

Lanrutcon

So, I picked this up. Impressions:

- It's Supernatural, the game.
- It's still light on content. There's enough to get you excited, but it's still EA.
- It's not optimised very well at the moment. My 1070's fps bounces around like a heart monitor, and the game doesn't look like it should be demanding on any front.
- It's hard as balls. Currently the enemies murder the fuck out of you. They are fast and deadly. Minor threats in decent numbers end you, and everything else tears you to bits. This is due to 2 things: the enemies are fast and you fight them in close quarters.
- Aiming is super hard atm and takes some getting used to. Targets move so fast, and you need to be accurate to hit them before they rip your face off. I think combat in general will be rebalanced at some point.

But, it's still cool. You sneak into a residence, use gadgets and tools to find clues and figure out what happened. You kick open doors and blast the shit out of whatever comes screaming at you. You have traps and gear, ammo and armor, skill trees and a journal of supernatural crap you build up. There's a world map with missions of various kinds, a rep system and monster lore. The voice acting is decent, the graphics are fine and it looks like it'll have enough depth to get you really invested.

Eagerly awaiting more updates, and release.

Top Bottom