• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's another closely cropped look at what CliffyB is working on.

Melchiah

Videogame adaptation of The Road I guess?

And I guess every post apocalyptic game taking place in a city will be ripping off The Last of US now, according to this thread. Seriously guys?

Edit: Damn beaten T_T

Well, I think it's pretty obvious those games wouldn't be the same, or be made at all, if there wasn't TLOU, and if it hadn't been such a success, both critically and financially. Copying is a form of flattery.

Gorillaz

What makes me cringe is people shitting on something from a single production pic, calling something "emotionally manipulative" when you know fuck all about what it even is. It's a single picture of a man and a kid, calm down. Also ND just took a bunch of tropes already found in books and movies and put it into a game, it was well done but not impossible for someone else to do just as well.

Half of the devs in the game industry have a hard time just making a generic war game so Idk about that.

akira28

What is making you guys think he's working on a new game?

He is clearly brushing up on his painting skills for a mural.

yes, I'm familiar with his earlier work

hgD3HWD.jpg

sn00zer

What makes me cringe is people shitting on something from a single production pic, calling something "emotionally manipulative" when you know fuck all about what it even is. It's a single picture of a man and a kid, calm down. Also ND just took a bunch of tropes already found in books and movies and put it into a game, it was well done but not impossible for someone else to do just as well.
This is very true, but the presentation of these tropes was what set it apart.....as a fan of tons of post apocalyptic movies Last of Us was pretty run of the mill story and theme wise, except like all good scifi had a very unexpected ending

sn00zer

Looks very very interesting....Im really hoping this isnt an indy game, because this game needs a budget to fully realize that concept art....also LOL at people thinking wandering guy with small child was created by the Last of Us....its a trope that has been around forever and works very well....
also loving that its a futuristic city that isnt being blown to pieces

vazel

Banned
I'm guess it's going to be like Land of the Dead. A corrupt city surrounded by an apocalyptic landscape.

Has modern game design shifted entirely to making the character look after someone weaker and more naive than them in order to draw a emotional response?

Is that all we can do now?

This older picture reminds me of Gantz:

397292_lalt.jpg

Don't know if it's related to the newer pic. but it does look sorta futuristic.
Also looks like Derek Fisher, Beyonce, and Jay-Z in the background.

lol Andrew Bynum wearing what looks like a wrestling helmet next to Fisher too

Monocle

You've just described every modern classic ever. It's not about the originality of the material, it's about how the execution elevates it above other attempts.

HeelPower

This is very true, but the presentation of these tropes was what set it apart.....as a fan of tons of post apocalyptic movies Last of Us was pretty run of the mill story and theme wise, except like all good scifi had a very unexpected ending

The last of us beats most oscar winning movies in this regard..Honestly they should award it with best picture and it is possible since it is equal parts a movie and a game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think I know the title: The Man and his
RPG

Top Bottom