• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth Beta PC (dota clone)

kagete

Welp. Posted in the main thread about it, and got a quick reply from Casval. I'm keeping mum on it until they announce their plans.

I have to say I probably won't miss this when it goes retail: I have too many games to keep me occupied.

Current favourite hero is Pharaoh though. Tanky, good harrasser, and I can last-hit really well with him. Trapped a noob SoulStealer in my Mummies+mini-stuns and watched him try to pull off his ult (and get interrupted every time).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nickname stealing is now available to purchasers. I feel kinda left out, since I got what I wanted upon registration.

Kapura

Banned
Voting for the Int Ganker is open now too. Link. I really like these hero concepts more than the Agi contest, maybe it's because it's not distilled down to the base skill components. The entire character concept is a lot better.

blitz64

I'm not sure why mint got banned but I'm surprise to see someone killsteal both of his accounts.

`_` and mint has been taken by someone else and no longer part of neogaf.

J-Rod

blitz64 said:
I'm not sure why mint got banned but I'm surprise to see someone killsteal both of his accounts.

`_` and mint has been taken by someone else and no longer part of neogaf.

Got caught maphacking

Nome

There's maphacks for this game?

Or do you mean the old foghack wayyyyy back before the netcode was complete?

PasteyMF

Wait... so just to clear up confusion, he was maphacking in SC2, right? Not HoN?

Also ladies and gents, this is the last weekend you have before HoN goes retail. Get your fill before the beta says a final goodbye. What a long strange trip it's been.

Neckbeard

PasteyMF said:
Wait... so just to clear up confusion, he was maphacking in SC2, right? Not HoN?

This. ^

I understood it was a felony to maphack in HoN as the map data was stored on S2 servers. I also thought they had promised to prosecute when they found people doing it...

Sanjay

valenti said:
Wow welcome to last year :lol

BTW I have 6 SC2 beta keys. I know a couple of you HoN players so anyone interested PM me!

If you still got a SC2 Beta key hook me up.

And also like said many times, it was for SC2 beta not HON.

Neckbeard

Sanjay said:
If you still got a SC2 Beta key hook me up.

And also like said many times, it was for SC2 beta not HON.

Gotcha.

I think I got an extra from the GameStop clerk... First, I pre-ordered the CE but didn't get a key, so he printed me out a new one... Then, I went home and entered that code. For some reason, it didn't work. So I called the store then he gave me another.

Only then did I realize I was entereing the code in the wrong screen on b.net :lol

[edit] PM me your email

In a game last night someone asked me if I knew mint since I had the GAF clantag. He told me how mint was awesome and got bloodbath in 10 minutes with Ophelia.

JRPereira

Hey guys,

Game's retail! You'll now need to purchase an account to play.

We've added the Gauntlet hero with today's patch, among other things.

kagete

Just bought it 5 minutes ago to show support for a great beta. That's $90 for you guys. Too bad about the Garena deal or you'd have $90 more from me plus tons more from people who'd previously been planning to ask me to buy it for them. That move killed 50 people off my friends list :(.

Great game though, i'll concede you that. I've put more than 800 games into this beta and kinda feel bad that my 1800 PSR is now back to 1595 after the stat reset (thought this reset to 1500?). If there's ever some way in the future to get people from SEA to play with us in the US i'll definitely let my pals in the competitive scene know.

Meeru

Banned
Archie said:
No wonder his KD ratio was so good, lol.
There was no maphack for HoN 99.9% sure. He was just really good with DoTA. And I think he mh just for giggles but GAF took it very very seriously. :lol

kagete i wonder if i should buy this game..T_T

You have sc2 beta? whats your char.id?

Swag

Wish I pre ordered earlier when Shield / Taunt were available. Either way you have my 30$, game is awesome.

Does anyone from GAF still play even? I only see 2-3 people online usually. If people do please add me

SwagSurfin :lol

undu

I haven't seen this mentioned in any FAQ in the HoN website, but I can't download any replay (F2P account) and my brother can (legacy) is this because I have a F2P account or is it just a coincidence?

It's quite shitty I can't download my own replays.

Top Bottom