• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

eldoon

Just make a "how to deny" tutorial with bots.

DEEEE NIGH ??????

They need a tutorial on when double stacking and pulling lanes for noobs to not go in and kill your stack to "save" your creeps .

The promised patch today is old school heroes in the pool and bugs getting fixed

eldoon

rbq4D.jpg

Hero 100 has been hinted Kinesis is a ranged intelligence hero who uses his surroundings to mercilessly pummel his enemies. The more havoc he wreaks, the harder it is for his enemies to take him down!

I think he can throw trees and creeps at people and some how make them float or stop them.

eldoon

For the next week, we'll be giving away over $100,000 worth of Gold Goblin Coins. To qualify to win these coins, all you have to do is log in and win a matchmaking game of HoN. This will give you one entry to win a piece of our $100,000 Gold Coin Giveaway. You'll only be entered once each day, but dont let that stop you from Coins will be dispersed as follows:

Monday-Friday -
1000 x $10 Gold coin packages each day
Saturday-Sunday -
1000 x $50 Gold coin packages
Sunday -
One Grand Prize Winner of 100,000 Gold Goiblin Coins

I am so going to win one game on my sub accs on sat/sunday for a chance at the 50 bucks of gold

Dreavus

For the next week, we'll be giving away over $100,000 worth of Gold Goblin Coins. To qualify to win these coins, all you have to do is log in and win a matchmaking game of HoN. This will give you one entry to win a piece of our $100,000 Gold Coin Giveaway. You'll only be entered once each day, but dont let that stop you from Coins will be dispersed as follows:

Monday-Friday -
1000 x $10 Gold coin packages each day
Saturday-Sunday -
1000 x $50 Gold coin packages
Sunday -
One Grand Prize Winner of 100,000 Gold Goiblin Coins

I am so going to win one game on my sub accs on sat/sunday for a chance at the 50 bucks of gold

Cool.

Just stomped a 3v3 with Cthulhuphant to get an entry. All I seem to have time for these days haha

Pick Myrmidon. Lose.
Glacius. Lose.
Magmus. Lose.
Monarch. Lose.
Glacius. Lose.
Pyro. Lose.
Rhapsody. Lose.
Witch Slayer. Lose.
Pharaoh. Lose.
Sand Wraith. Win.

Conclusion: play carries.

Pick Myrmidon. Lose.
Glacius. Lose.
Magmus. Lose.
Monarch. Lose.
Glacius. Lose.
Pyro. Lose.
Rhapsody. Lose.
Witch Slayer. Lose.
Pharaoh. Lose.
Sand Wraith. Win.

Conclusion: play carries.

Are you solo queueing as support? That's always a nightmare, remember I once picked Glacius when I got into an All Pick game and went to get a drink and came back to find a team of 5 supports and was told to go mid because I was blue, sigh randoms

Dreavus

I've been loving VJ in 3v3 lately. He has great utility early in the game, but he can actually do stuff with farm that comes his way and has huge damage potential later on with curse and his ulti. He doesn't seem to become useless nearly as quickly as other supports, especially in 3v3.

IceMarker

Too bad the spotlight's quality is shit, but yeah looks interesting, alas Kinesis was the last bit of gold coins I had left to spend and I'm not giving S2 anymore of my money.

Insured

Something's happening to fnatic's HoN team, they decided not to scrim for now, and "an announcement is coming". I watched H4nn1 sit there, streamchat open, looking shocked for 20ish minutes, responding to the chat now and then. In response to people asking if they're switching over to Dota 2, he just said he's always stuck to playing what he loves to play, and not going for the money. Uhh. Competitive HoN is starting to feel pretty damn dead, and I feel sad; there's a huge load of things Dota 2 could learn from HoN (and vice versa, for that matter) and I'd still want the scene to go somewhere. Having two different visions of Dota on the market, and seeing the competition evolve on both could be so nice :(

Competitive HoN just lacks tournaments with decent prize pools right now, I mean why would players like Testie play in tournaments when they make more streaming and from customers and any players interested in tournaments would be better off playing DOTA 2 at this stage if they have any interest in making money from it

- Hellflower
* Range reduced from 900 to 800
* Manacost increased from 100 to 200

- Kuldra's Sheepstick
* Reduced the duration of being a sheep from 3.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds
* Reduced cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds

- Aluna
* Deja Vu cooldown has been adjusted from 30 to 30/28/26/24
* Emerald Red mana cost has been rebalanced from 75/100/125 to 75

- Arachna
* Precision now gives True Strike to everyone at level 4

- Berzerker
* Carnage bonus damage is now applied to all attacks instead of just enemy units

- Cthuluphant
* Mortifying Presence bonus from a creep kill reduced from 2x to 1.5x
* Mortifying Presence bonus from a hero kill reduced from 3x to 2x
* Obliterate damage reduced from 80/140/200 to 80/130/180

- Moon Queen
* Multi-Strike damage reduction per bounce reduced from 35% to 35/30/25/20%

New balance changes, that Sheepstick nerf sounds a bit too much

Dreavus

- Hellflower
* Range reduced from 900 to 800
* Manacost increased from 100 to 200

- Kuldra's Sheepstick
* Reduced the duration of being a sheep from 3.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds
* Reduced cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds

- Aluna
* Deja Vu cooldown has been adjusted from 30 to 30/28/26/24
* Emerald Red mana cost has been rebalanced from 75/100/125 to 75

- Arachna
* Precision now gives True Strike to everyone at level 4

- Berzerker
* Carnage bonus damage is now applied to all attacks instead of just enemy units

- Cthuluphant
* Mortifying Presence bonus from a creep kill reduced from 2x to 1.5x
* Mortifying Presence bonus from a hero kill reduced from 3x to 2x
* Obliterate damage reduced from 80/140/200 to 80/130/180

- Moon Queen
* Multi-Strike damage reduction per bounce reduced from 35% to 35/30/25/20%

New balance changes, that Sheepstick nerf sounds a bit too much

I feel like Cthuluphant's ultimate doesn't seem to do enough damage, and now it does even less. Perhaps I was just underestimating it? Not a huge numbers change though.

Hellflower change wont do much. Usually by the time people have it, mana is irrelevant anyways.

What exactly does true strike mean on Arachna's aura? Ranged attacks can't miss?

IceMarker

Basically everyone around Arachna will never miss their attacks uphill, against Wingbow, against Night Hound's Smoke Bomb, etc.

I kind of like the change. Sheepstick nerf is odd. Hellflower is fine. Cthuluphant nerf was warranted. Decent balance patch!

Dreavus

Had my first "having your team get stomped to the point of wanting to concede only to look up and see it's only been 9 minutes" game in a while last night. Things don't usually turn out THIS badly. Serves us right for queuing up as a 5-man with two guys who haven't played in a while, I guess.

No thanks to the Slither/Swiftblade lane either. >:|

IceMarker

Had my first "having your team get stomped to the point of wanting to concede only to look up and see it's only been 9 minutes" game in a while last night. Things don't usually turn out THIS badly. Serves us right for queuing up as a 5-man with two guys who haven't played in a while, I guess.

No thanks to the Slither/Swiftblade lane either. >:|

Ouch

Neki

more aluna buffs please

edit: watching swiftlame get crunched by myrmidon/parasite, rofl.

edit2: I can literally hear the mad LOL

Top Bottom