• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm - Receive FREE Mega Bundle (20 Heroes) for logging on next week

A hero will cost either 300, 500, 625 or 750 gems (hero specific and loosely correlated with how long the hero has been released)

I doubt team 5 is the one calling the shots regarding HS monetization. They probably have a dedicated business team for that.

I'm starting to feel like it's not even the Hearthstone team's fault. Like it feels like they're the red-headed stepchild of Blizzard, and they just don't get what the budget and support they should, relative to their success.

Oh absolutely its the higher ups at Blizzard that make these monetization decisions. Its because Hearthstone is by far the biggest TCG and its why it really needs strong competition.

Nekrono

Great! I'll come back next week then.

For the more experienced players? Which pack do you guys recommend for someone that mostly played Sylvanna's and Valla? I really love Sylvanna's, she's my most played hero and almost reached level 10 with her.

Savitar

Damn what a steal, problem is I got so many characters in the past I wouldn't know what bundle to get now since so many are duplicates.

Lamptramp

That sounds like a pretty good offer.

I'm a total MOBA noob partly down to disliking any form of PvP in games and also down to horror stories of toxic MOBA communities. However when a couple of friends and I were looking for something new to play I considered HOTS, since as I'm aware you can play quite a lot against bots to get a feel for the game and that alone may even be enough for a decent chunk of time.
Though I don't play it I do enjoy watching others do so, it a very entertaining game to watch especially when watching the right people.

A quick question though, I played the tutorial and found the controls very strange to get the hang of, it certainly didn't click for me, is it just a case of learning new skills to play or is there a simpler control scheme people prefer in early days.

Platy

I expected the bundles to be divided by series like Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo and Others ... cool that they did class based

It's a push for their new direction in 2.0 for microtransactions. With the massive change, an incentive is needed to get people to see it. If you don't like it, you should be atleast happy with the amount of heroes given to you at your choice.

Oh yeah 2.0 is getting lootboxes. I forgot. I am not saying I am not happy, I was just confused how they are doing this.

TIL that heroes of the storm has more than 20 characters.

It's been a steady stream.

Mupod

HOTS bribes keep getting more ridiciulous, lol. I'll probably go for the support bundle, seems like the best value based on what I own and I like playing supports. I already have Rehgar and Tassadar though.

I like the game and enjoy coming back to it now and then, but I only wanna play it with friends. The 'OH GOD PLEASE PLAY HOTS PLEASE' events have been a lot of fun since they draw out some of my WoW associates.

Will log back in to grab this. Similar to a lot of people in that I'll need to take a look at who which pack has the most new heroes as I was pretty heavy on HotS until mid-2016.

Also, is there a breakdown of the big changes coming with 2.0? This is my first hearing about it.

wrongway

Well damn, that's pretty cool. I was just scanning that 'favorite moba' thread and thinking I should reinstall Heroes. Definitely in on this.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow this is... pretty rad. I'll be sure to scoop this up.

Pejo

interesting....

If you've never played a MOBA before in your life, what's it like? Do you level up? Is it all PVP, or is there some PVE content?

I've never been interested, but I like free characters.

wiibomb

this must be because HotS isn't doing well, right?

I don't see any kind of buzz about anything of this game lately despite them adding a lot

Berordn

I don't see any kind of buzz about anything of this game lately despite them adding a lot

This is just promotion for the 2.0 update that's been in the works for a while.

It might not be doing as well as its direct competition, but it seems to be doing fine.

Xeilyn

Such an amazing deal for new players, gj Blizz.

Valeera mains will crush the hopes and dreams of all the new players going for the assassin bundle, be warned.

-Digits-

Neat. I might jump back in. I had a lot of fun with Yoshichan and the rest of the crew but then I just sorta stopped.

Lord Phol

That's pretty damn neat, a very nice treat for newcomers and people who only have a few heroes. As for me I all ready have most of the heroes I like and those that I don't have are pretty spread out making it hard to choose a pack. Still though, a free Abathur, Tracer or Ragnaros is always a welcome addition to the line-up.

Well, this will certainly draw in a ton of new players. Pretty cool, I might play a few matches as a result. I liked the gameplay of HotS but never saw the cost of the characters to be a fair value proposition.

Twookie

wow, that's fucking nice. legit did not expect that ever from happening considering the price of the skins and heroes that game has (or atleast had when I played).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just looked at the bundles, I'll probably grab the assassins just because I am lacking almost the entire thing. All the other bundles I have a decent smattering of heroes already unlocked.

Ordinator

I think it has more to do with making it easier for new/lapsed players to jump in. They've been releasing a new hero every 3-4 weeks for a long time now.

Strakt

Out of the available characters who is the most OP?

Also any news on skins for OW?

They announce the Nexus Challenge 2.0 on the 25th so I assume on that day we'll find out more!

25th is gonna be a huge day for HOTS... new nexus challenge, huge new cinematic, 2.0 launches, new hero announcement, an in game event, and maybe even more surprises!

Will this ever be on console?

Yeah along with LoL and Dota 2.

No

2.0 is adding literal lootboxes so they don't want to have to feel like you have to buy a bunch of characters AND boxes. The game is actually doing pretty good.

Out of the available characters who is the most OP?

In my recent experience, the Overwatch characters have been pretty good. Lucio and Tracer are...annoying to say the least.

Anoregon

They announce the Nexus Challenge 2.0 on the 25th so I assume on that day we'll find out more!

25th is gonna be a huge day for HOTS... new nexus challenge, huge new cinematic, 2.0 launches, new hero announcement, an in game event, and maybe even more surprises!

Nexus challenge is the "play x games with friends" stuff that rewards stuff in multiple games, right? Like when they do WoW mounts?

Kurumi

Next week is going to be great. I can't wait till 2.0 launches.

Looking forward to it

This is a pretty insane promotion. I already own most of the cast and I'm still getting five new Heroes with the Support pack. I think I'll only be short 3 + Genji then?

For new players I'd probably recommend the Assassin or Tank bundles. Lots of fun heroes in both. Assassin has more distance fighters, Tank/Bruisers has (obviously) more of a melee-focus, so choose based on that.

The Flex bundle is comprehensive, but because it has a few heroes which are deeply unsuited to newbies it seems less useful than you might think.

Top Bottom