• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Chronicles of Entrath |OT| A DTCG RPG 4U&Me

PSqueak

Banned
Probably won't get a chance to jump into the PvE this weekend like I had planned. Can someone confirm that there's no cooperative play of any sort yet?

So far i haven't found any way to co-op, but i believe it's still coming sometime, because since the game launched there have been many cards that have effects obviously designed for play between more than 2 players.

Xetherion

There is no co-op yet, the co-op mode of the game will be Raids and they are still a long way off. I wouldn't expect them until 2017.

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you to Ryuukan for making an OT for Hex! I absolutely love this game, but my enthusiasm had started to die for it over the past few months. In fact, I wasn't expecting much from the campaign at all.

I've got to say, I couldn't have been more surprised and couldn't be more impressed by this PVE campaign. It is just a huge amount of fun, and has been put together perfectly on so many levels:
-The balance is perfect. It starts off easy, but some of the later fights are quite difficult.
-The world building is outstanding. It's actually an interesting world to explore and read about. Much better done than most games I have played lately.
-The art for all of the unique pve features (map, 'cities', and dungeons) is great.

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed, and this campaign has successfully revived all of my hopes for Hex. I just hope that Set 4 and more PVE gets released sooner than later!

Oh-- also, if anyone needs some pointers, feel free to ask. I've beaten the campaign completely with four different characters, with four distinct deck archetypes, now, so I have an idea of how to approach the content.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'm enjoying it quite a bit too. I finished the campaign once so far although I did not do a "pure" run, using some of my good pvp cards in a few encounters. Now after one run I have more of the campaign pve cards so maybe I'll manage to finish it completely without "cheating" this time. One problem is it also rewards some pvp cards so it's kind of hard to keep track what I've gotten from the f2p pve mode. Hopefully someone will make a list of the full loot tables.

Been getting into the PvE mode with a Shin'Hare Cleric deck (love those psychotic little rabbits) and it's a ton of fun. I like the variety the different bosses add to the game. Just wrapped up the dream sequence dungeon, that was a fun one. Really need to pare down my deck tho, currently got 75 cards :p Trying to keep my average cost under 4, so maybe I can ditch a few resources...

Only real complaints are UI related. Thing responds reaaaaally sloooowly.

EDIT: Okay, fighting this sea hag right now and it's eating my bunnies alive D: Like it was specifically calibrated to kill me...

Alright, I yield. Clearly a level 4 shin'hare cleric with a middling collection cannot defeat the Wormoid Queen. That's not going to happen. And since I don't have the patience to run down the left side some 8 odd times, I'm gonna have to shelve this quest :/

That's 2 now that my basic build has been wholly incapable of stopping. The sea hag is basically exactly calibrated to deal with the bunny hordes...

Shai-Tan

Banned
Nice. It's my favorite game at the moment. That said, the long delays between content is a big problem for the player base. It sounds like set 4 is not coming as soon as we thought. I also think they need to get away from copying Magic Online and look at what other alternatives are doing to revitalize pvp.

Update: axemurdered the Seahag, current build is a LOT stronger then the one I tackled her with last time. For one thing, 3 Bucktooth Commanders goes a loooong way :D

Still not ready to take on the Wormoid Menace tho :p

KuroNeeko

Why can't they just put this game out on tablets already?

It's amazing just how far behind they are / were on almost all of their promises they bad back when I supported the game.

chapter 2 launching December 6th

new stuff:

shaping up to be a really in-depth card game + RPG (in terms of party composition strategy and mechanics, not actual role-playing)
still not much in terms of MMO stuff, but I can see the potential for the single player having lots of replayability

also for something that's more competitive and complete (and not free), some set 1 & 2 limited events will temporarily return in december

Top Bottom