• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie SDCC Sneak Peek

This looks great, and I remember so many of those character considering I haven't seen this show in maybe 15 years.

Wonder why there's no new Rugrats thing.

Strike

It didn't really hit me until I saw Pigeon man. Everyone sounds alright except Gerald, but had some issues with that during the shows original run.
This looks great, and I remember so many of those character considering I haven't seen this show in maybe 15 years.

Wonder why there's no new Rugrats thing.
latest

This is probably why. Even then the quality of the show started to go down the drain after the first movie.

I wonder how they'll address Big Bob's beepers? Funny enough, going from beepers to smart phones in what, 2 years in the show? They're supposed to just be in middle school now.

the biggest phone store in the UK is still called "carphone warehouse," so maybe they could just keep the name...

Have to admit I got choked up when Pigeon Man showed up.

And then the fucking coach right after.

I've always used "Give the ball to tucker" as a joke during meetings with employees. Fuck I missed this show.

Pigeon Man...he made it. :')

And MONKEY MAN!

Man, I forgot a lot about this show. I was really young when I watched it and now a lot of memories are coming back. I actually think Rhonda was the first crush I had on an animated character.

The RML revival looks spot on in every fashion from design to voice to animation... I feel like this one missed the mark on all three in comparison. The new designs look off, the voice actors aren't original or even convincing sound a likes, and the animation just feels too modern.

BHK3

Banned
surprised how much of the characters I remember and their episodes, Outside of Rhonda(tall girl in red right?).

deo

Banned
I knew that it switching to fully digital animation would make it choppy... Theres something about the animation that makes it feel too clean. Gerald's voice is weird too.

Will still watch though

Kinda forgot how Simpsons-lite Hey Arnold is with the size of their recurring character roster.

Also who was it secretly filming Arnold in some of those clips haha.

Its great how all if footage in the video was all from Helga's stalker videos of Arnold. There is also an extended version of the Video in the OP that shows some Arnold and Helga Interaction.

Not feeling this one as much as Rocko's revival, but Rocko's art style is basically flawless. I know they aged up a little but Gerald looks off and the shot of Dino pointing looked really bad.

Effect

That was great. All the memories of watching those episodes started coming back as I watched that. Good scene and clip to use Nick.

DeathPeak

Loved it! Most of the voices sounded alright to me. Arnold's voice sounds close enough, but the line delivery needs some work. It would have been funny if Gerald's had been deep, since there was the episode where he had a singing recital and his voice changed.

1upsuper

I had a huge fucking smile watching all of it. Omfg. They're really going to do it right!

Same. So excited.

Really though, it's cool and all when Arnold solves problems by being nice and patient, but everyone knows the best solution is to be crazy. He needs to go back to his roots.

Yessssssss

Stoop Kid doesn't leave his stoop! So much feelings of when I was young. They brought this and Rocko's Modern Life. Man it's like the good old days.

AniHawk

rocko was always about making fun of modern life. i'm not worried about that aside from the runtime.

zim is getting the conclusion that had been in planning when the show was still a show. i'm not worried about that one either.

arnold was best when it didn't deify its title character and go on grand adventures (and instead made grand adventures out of more mundane things). arnold's parents better be dead or shitty people who don't care about arnold.

Defect

rocko was always about making fun of modern life. i'm not worried about that aside from the runtime.

zim is getting the conclusion that had been in planning when the show was still a show. i'm not worried about that one either.

arnold was best when it didn't deify its title character and go on grand adventures (and instead made grand adventures out of more mundane things). arnold's parents better be dead or shitty people who don't care about arnold.
The Zim movie is not Invader Dib.

Top Bottom