• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEY! C'MON C'MON: It's the Giga Powered Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

KC-Slater

Does anyone know if the Omega kits/enclosures are [still] available? (I am just after the kit, not the Neo Geo hardware)

I just recently purchased a MV1C from a Gaf member, and would love to use an OMEGA enclosure for my CMVS. There is no mention of the CMVS kit on arcadeworks.net, just the OMEGA console. I emailed the site on Friday, but I haven't heard back yet.

I just checked N-G and he doesn't seem to have made a post since late Feb. Maybe taking a little break? It would be nice if he was still offering the kits, though. That's probably the best way to get off the ground since the 1C is covered.

Mzo

It's still early, so I can excuse a lot of the nice little touches and polish being absent.

That jump looks like it would feel like straight garbage though.

5amshift

Banned
Yeah. Stick to your sh'mups NG Dev Team. This doesn't even hold a candle to Metal Slug while all their other work seemed to blow away a good amount of Neo games. I don't get it.

$700 price tag incoming for you guys!

antibolo

Banned
It is 60 fps though, unlike Metal Slug which struggled to do 30.

I'll buy it
when they do their inevitable Dreamcast port at a more reasonable price

Mercutio

With a few exception (for example: Breakers) Fighting Vs games for Neo Geo CD are always going to be pretty cheap because they received the bigger print run and the genre isn't well suited for the system (I'm talking about the loading times).

I'm sorry, did you not see the sweet sweet jazz stylings of Blue Mary back there? As soon as the world finds out, the world is going to all be super jelly and prices will go through the roof. A few minutes of loading is almost necessary to prepare one's body for such sweet musics.

Ban Puncher

I'm sorry, did you not see the sweet sweet jazz stylings of Blue Mary back there? As soon as the world finds out, the world is going to all be super jelly and prices will go through the roof. A few minutes of loading is almost necessary to prepare one's body for such sweet musics.

Real Bout Fatal Fury gives me all the Blue Mary I need.

Leonsito

I finally decided to buy an UniBios, today I received it, I open it, read the manual, prepare to put it onto my board and...

IMG_20150324_203238.jpg

I'm a FUCKING retard :(

you can probably cut the leg of a spare resistor and solder it in place of the missing pin. What kind of Neo board do you have? I'm guessing it's not socketed already if you're just now installing a Uni-BIOS.

Leonsito

you can probably cut the leg of a spare resistor and solder it in place of the missing pin. What kind of Neo board do you have? I'm guessing it's not socketed already if you're just now installing a Uni-BIOS.

I'm going to try with a staple, as Raz (from UniBios recommended me).

My board is socketed one, an MV-1FZ, I had it for months and wasn't very interested in the Unibios because I liked the real arcade experience (if that makes any sense), but I saw a couple of videos talking about the features of it and ran to buy it lol.

Celine

I'm trying to replace the lens inside my NGCD top loader model.
I'm almost ready to swap the lens but I can't do it because a gear obstruct the old lens exit.
Is there any way to remove the top gear you see in the pic below?

ztaf2qAl.jpg

Edit:
Never mind, I did it.
There was a small circlet that hold the gear in place.

I got a MVS U4 recently and have now populated the 4 slots as follows;

Puzzle Bobble.
Real Bout.
Metal Slug 2
Tecmo '96.

My 4 slots weren't all working, but when I stripped it down to remove the battery which had started to leak, cleaned it up and reassembled, it now all works.

Memo to all MVS hardware owners - if you haven't done it already remove or replace your battery!

Teknoman

I was patient for mine and eventually found a USA clear plastic copy for $70. I think they still pop up that low from time to time.

Cool, found one the other day for 69 plus free shipping. They haven't shipped it yet, but looking at other prices, I figured that sounded like a good price. Just wanted to make sure ( even though I'd already jumped on it lol).

On that note...I'm been thinking of doing a metal slug music appreciation thread. I can't get MS1 mission 2 music out of my head.

Mercutio

Cool, found one the other day for 69 plus free shipping. They haven't shipped it yet, but looking at other prices, I figured that sounded like a good price. Just wanted to make sure ( even though I'd already jumped on it lol).

On that note...I'm been thinking of doing a metal slug music appreciation thread. I can't get MS1 mission 2 music out of my head.

I think that's a fairly good deal these days. I'm actually kind of surprised it hasn't more clearly transitioned into the $100+ club yet. It's the best Metal Slug, after all.

Teknoman

Ah gotcha. Also now i'm paranoid.

Thought I got a deal, but now im thinking what if they actually send me Metal Slug 1 lol? Sent a message anyway, but what would you guys expect? The game in the picture right?

Teknoman

what does the description say?

Its one of those custom image descriptions with a border around it that says:

"Up for sale is a METAL SLUG GAME that is tested and working."

But he has a new entry for Metal Slug 3 that uses a totally different picture, but with the same banner + item number written in. His reply was:

"We ship the one that has that number on it"

So I dunno lol. I guess all I can do is wait and see now. No loss either way. Accepts returns no problem.

Yagami_Sama

I am not sure if the correct place to ask this but, I decided that it is about time to start collecting Neo Geo AES games.
I did some research, and learned about the conversions and MVS and thanks to that I saved a few hundred dollars.
I saw that Japanese games are cheaper, but I do not know any reliable seller on ebay or other place, so I would like to ask some indications
in where to buy Neo Geo AES stuff for a good price and avoid bootlegs and conversions.

Bar81

I am not sure if the correct place to ask this but, I decided that it is about time to start collecting Neo Geo AES games.
I did some research, and learned about the conversions and MVS and thanks to that I saved a few hundred dollars.
I saw that Japanese games are cheaper, but I do not know any reliable seller on ebay or other place, so I would like to ask some indications
in where to buy Neo Geo AES stuff for a good price and avoid bootlegs and conversions.

The bootlegs have generally gotten so good for the most part that outside of using a loupe you're not going to know. AES is the epicenter of gaming bootlegging. The safest place to buy from is from the forums at neo-geo.com (a great community as well) or from their store (although it's overpriced).

Plus, you're pretty much getting into AES at the historically highest prices.

Peltz

Just know what you're getting yourself into. I can't imagine trying to collect AES at this point... unless I win the lottery.

Samuray

Just know what you're getting yourself into. I can't imagine trying to collect AES at this point... unless I win the lottery.

I recommend a slow pace, don't rush into things. But don"t let anyone talk you out of AES.....it is oh so wonderful! :)

Yagami_Sama

I am big fan of SNK, since the time I was a kid I always wanted to have a Neo Geo AES at home, due to price, I got one Neo Geo CD and Nintendo Stuff, and now arcades are a rare thing here in my neighbourhood, and I don't support emulation.
I saw a few games with a low price interesting to start with, but I saw too how much a Metal Slug will cost as well as Garou.

If I buy less figure, I will be able to buy one game every two months XD

I was checking ebay, and I saw a lot of sellers from France, selling conversions from MVS, one this seller almost tricked me, thanks to http://www.neo-geo.com/, I learnt about some conversion and stuff.

Collect AES games is looking quite an "adventure", high prices, bootlegs and so.

Bar81

I was checking ebay, and I saw a lot of sellers from France, selling conversions from MVS, one this seller almost tricked me, thanks to http://www.neo-geo.com/, I learnt about some conversion and stuff.

Collect AES games is looking quite an "adventure", high prices, bootlegs and so.

Do not buy anything from anyone in France, Spain or Italy - pretty much guaranteed that it will be a fake.

Peltz

Do not buy anything from anyone in France, Spain or Italy - pretty much guaranteed that it will be a fake.

Ugh... I'm depressed to read that. I bought Neo Turf Masters MVS cart from Italy :'(

It looked "correct" as far as I can tell. I didn't open it up to look at the boards but they looked pretty correct from what I could see through the vents and by looking at pictures of the boards online.

Top Bottom