• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey, Hillary Warned Us

I saw what trump was too, couldnt believe all the people on the left who were complacent, saying both sides were just as bad. A big twitch streamer tweeted the day of the election a picture pertaining that. Then when trump won, tweeted they couldnt believe it and was crying on stream. We deserve our misery, people voted for the clown, and so many others sat back and didnt care or was blinded by the constant hate that was directed towards hillary

Nelo Ice

Banned
I feel like everyone who voted for Hillary has the right to be a smug piece of shit to anyone who didn't vote. Just sayin

O I have been giving shit left and right to those people. Like it still enrages me that a hardcore libertarian I know spoke up to defend Milo at Berkeley cuz lol free speech but has been dead silent on every other issue. And he constantly deflects his low key racism with but hey guys things are so much better than they were so many years ago.

Ryuuroden

Npr said yesterday that after this speech her polling numbers started dropping all the way to the election. I think it was just coincidence....well I hope it was.

Tim Kaine would still be a massive upgrade compared to what we have now.

Oh, she would still be President, of course, because it takes 2/3rds of the Senate to convict, which would never happen.

But in the alternate reality of a Hillary victory, you know what would be experiencing right now. House Republicans would be holding non-stop public hearings over any Hillary scandal, real or (as is often the case) imagined. Yes, that would still be preferable to the nonsense of the present situation. Nothing would be getting done, but at least we wouldn't be going backwards.

hypernima

Banned
C34-OkNVcAE5FFA.jpg:large

Ok this got me, lmao.

DonShula

I don't think she was ever going to win, not with Russia directly interfering with the election. She could have gotten 30 million more votes instead of just 3 million more and still somehow lost. This game was rigged.

By the end of this, I suspect we'll find that the Russian Facebook and Twitter bots were targeting voters in those swing states that ended up costing Clinton the election. Their research into this is next-level stuff that no one but possibly the FBI noticed until it was way too late. California and New York could have gone 90/10 Democrat and it indeed wouldn't have been enough. The focus of the Trump campaign on those swing states so late in the campaign that at the time seemed so foolish will not end up being a coincidence.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
For all the people saying it was obvious, there are millions of people who were dismissive of the threat of White Supremacy in the USA. It was bold of her to do it. She was widely criticised for talking about these issues.

She doesn't need any credit or praise - save that for people less well off than her, but let's not rewrite history either - for all the talk of her being safe and stale she was anything but that (she is not charismatic though).

But in the alternate reality of a Hillary victory, you know what would be experiencing right now. House Republicans would be holding non-stop public hearings over any Hillary scandal, real or (as is often the case) imagined. Yes, that would still be preferable to the nonsense of the present situation. Nothing would be getting done, but at least we wouldn't be going backwards.

Aren't they doing this right now though?

Seems like every other week they're trying to re-open the email investigation...

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Oh, she would still be President, of course, because it takes 2/3rds of the Senate to convict, which would never happen.

I have faith that shit would still be moving forward, even with all the Republican hearings calling for Clinton's head.

I'll never understand why some people hate her so much. Or why she was considered divisive.

She has been a high profile public figure for over 30 years. Shit has been thrown at her that entire time.

At the end of A Song of Ice and Fire, The Prince That Was Promise will look over the ashes that cover a barren Westeros and whisper into the night of Winter, "But her emails."

UberTag

"Next time you see Trump rant on television, think about all the children listening across America. Kids hear a lot more than we think."

I think about this every time that idiot says something. :(
He's a monster, the media has normalized him and they are complicit in warping the minds and ideals of American youth.

That doesn't JUST include Fox News or the fringe right-wing tabloids. That includes EVERYONE. From CNN on down.

Cocaloch

For all the people saying it was obvious, there are millions of people who were dismissive of the threat of White Supremacy in the USA. It was bold of her to do it. She was widely criticised for talking about these issues.

One of the big stories of this election cycle was how Trump's candidacy, not even his eventual win, was indicative of a rising tide of white nationalism.

Hilary wasn't exactly sharing some novel insight here.

She was criticized for her tone and diction more than anything else I think. It wasn't seen as particularly politically apt.

She doesn't need any credit or praise - save that for people less well off than her, but let's not rewrite history either - for all the talk of her being safe and stale she was anything but that (she is not charismatic though).

Totally off topic, history is rewritten all the time. As ever this remains a vapid accusation.
In this case its bizarre because the narrative at the moment is indeed, regardless of what she "actually" was, that she was boring and stale.

Nafai1123

Banned
Is that what will convince them to vote?

Sure as fuck ain't gonna keep them from voting if they couldn't even manage to do it to keep Agent Orange out of office.

If you don't vote, you should feel shitty about it. Guilt is a strong motivator.

Meowster

He's a monster, the media has normalized him and they are complicit in warping the minds and ideals of American youth.

That doesn't JUST include Fox News or the fringe right-wing tabloids. That includes EVERYONE. From CNN on down.
CNN was the one that truly legitimized him in my book with their constant coverage of him and hiring all those sycophants that tell nothing but lies constantly and everyone pretending to have a conversation about it. They deserve a lot of blame.

Cocaloch

Sure as fuck ain't gonna keep them from voting if they couldn't even manage to do it to keep Agent Orange out of office.

If you don't vote, you should feel shitty about it. Guilt is a strong motivator.

I find that when people feel that someone else is trying to browbeat them into doing something that makes them more, not less, likely to dig their heels in.

Cocaloch

Then they weren't planning on doing it in the first place.

I also find that people's decision making tends to not be black or white, but on a spectrum. This becomes particularly noticeable when looking at mass actions, say purchasing habits or voting on a societal scale.

Mostly because of an onslaught of conspiracies and hack jobs decades in the making.

She got called dishonest and corrupt and untrustworthy so many times that the accustions stuck in peoples' craws.

If I'm not mistaken, lots of voters in this election could very well have grown up hearing the accusations. That sort of thing doesn't shake easy. The GOP does one thing really, really well. They stay on message. And they did that relentlessly with Hillary.

This is another way of saying the Democratic base was okay with the victory of white supremacy.

I don't really believe this. Do you?

A chunk of it apparently was.

Some actively so, considering Obama voters who voted for Trump. Others, passively, in that they stayed home or voted for Jill Stein.

Cocaloch

This is another way of saying the Democratic base was okay with the victory of white supremacy.

I don't really believe this. Do you?

No it's not. It's a way of saying that people make decisions for complicated reasons. A major one being perceived utility. For instance, almost everyone I knew, myself included, figured this would be a blowout. We were wrong, and that affected turnout.

Moreover it's a way of saying that an important part of political strategy, honestly probably the most important part, must be figuring out how to get your own base to turn out in as high numbers as possible.

It's the latter that's the key issue, and the takeaway that people seem to miss time and time again.

One of the big stories of this election cycle was how Trump's candidacy, not even his eventual win, was indicative of a rising tide of white nationalism.

Hilary wasn't exactly sharing some novel insight here.

She was criticized for her tone and diction more than anything else I think. It wasn't seen as particularly politically apt.

Ah, bullshit! At that time the main-stream media was explicitly or implicitly normalizing Trump, so to have someone come out and explicitly say the guy is racist and will embolden racists was some much-needed directness. That we didn't listen to. And has now proven true to deadly and tragic effect.

It wasn't seen as politically apt to tell the truth? Because her diction was wrong somehow, with the understanding that the other speaker is Donald Trump, all sniffling and incoherent? Jesus Christ, I guess we got what we deserved.

Unfortunately her words are too divisive and uncertain for half of america. They rather vote for the supremacist because that's more comfortable.

Neoweee

Abuela never won a competitive election in her life.

Democratic primary doesn't count? 2000 Senate race doesn't count? New York Senate had never been a reliable Democratic seat, and the only reason to say the primary wasn't competitive is if you think Bernie was an absolutely fucking terrible candidate (which I think is close to, but not quite, right).

Top Bottom