• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Gems and Under-The-Radar Recommendations - Steam Winter Sale 2016

It's that time of year, and there's nothing better than learning about some interesting game you never heard of and getting blown away. So let's share the awesome lesser-known gems people need to check out during the Winter Sale:

===

Infested Planet - $3.74 (75% off)
Squad-scale RTS pitting your marines and technology against hordes of hundreds of alien bugs that can mutate and adapt to your tactics
ss_880402c64ff019de7884080abb5137daa68bcc06.600x338.jpg
ss_fa68e4174e7a153fc6caa7f0f5214870a9476517.600x338.jpg

Sethian - $3.99 (20% off)
Essentially Arrival: The Game, a narrative adventure/linguistic puzzler that challenges you to learn how to read and communicate in an alien language

Deadnaut - $4.99 (50% off)
From the limited perspective of commander console, you must guide and manage your squad as they navigate derelict ships where horrors lurk

Thoth - $4.99 (50% off)
From the developer of 140 comes a fast-paced puzzler masquerading as a dual stick shooter, where positioning, when you shoot, what enemy you shoot, and so on must be considered

Hangeki - $4.99 (50%)
A frenetic shmup that lets you create a loadout from over 50 weapons, from wave-slicing energy swords to screen-clearing lasers

Escape Goat 2 - $4.99 (50% off)
A tightly-crafted puzzle platformer where each level is a shifting puzzle box of traps, switches, and other elements

Hue - $5.99 (60% off)
A smart platformer with a clever color-switching mechanic that alters the world itself

Human Resource Machine - $5.99 (40% off)
Charming and challenging programming puzzling from the developers of World of Goo and Little Inferno

Soft Body - $7.79 (40% off)
A slick fluidly-animated arcade-puzzler, part zen, part intense evasion

Sublevel Zero - $7.99 (50% off)
Perhaps the best indie Descent-inspired 6DOF around, with intense punchy combat and satisfying movement

Serpent in the Staglands - $7.99 (60% off)
An old school RPG inspired by Darklands, with little handholding, a bleak world, and intriguing lore

Reassembly - $8.99 (40% off)
A dynamic space shooter/RTS hybrid, where you build your own ship, and then fleet, to fight among wars between dynamic AI-driven factions

Brigador - $9.99 (50% off)
A modern-day Bedlam, with a stylish 80s cyberpunk atmosphere, a wide variety of mechs and weapons, and fast-paced skillful combat

Rive - $10.04 (33% off)
The swansong of Two Tribes, this sidescrolling shooter is rife with smart encounters, frenetic combat, and cool set-piece battles

House of the Dying Sun - $12.99 (35% off)
The best space combat of 2016. An awesome hybrid of immersive dogfighting and tactical fleet command, where combat is the core focus of its lean campaign

Duskers - $14.99 (25% off)
An incredible tense and clever sci-fi horror tactical game, where you guide a group of drones to scavenge abandoned vessels through command lines.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You do the legwork Badass but:

Pony Island 67% off 1.64€
Lakeview Cabin Collection 80% off 1.99€
Inexistence 90% off 0.59€
MEGATAMA Earrings 90% off 0.69€

I listed a bunch in the other thread let me fish them out

Wok

I had these banners ready for 3 games:

but there are also:

I forgot to mention this African game. The only one on Steam as far as I know:

For Rive, there is a bundle which is cheaper if you own all of previous games by Two Tribes:

Ditto for Valley:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You hunt the prices down because I'm at work... and im lazy.

- Invisible Inc 70%
- Abzu 70%
- Chronicles of Teddy 63%
- Convoy 70%
- Darkmaus 50%
- Dex 75%
- Evoland 2 75%
- Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers 75%
- Holy Potatoes a Weapon Shop 67%
- Jotun 67%
- LA Cops 75%
- Legend of Kay Anniversary 75%
- Neon Struct 75%
- Offworld Trading Company 66%
- Planet of the Eyes 75%
- Road Not Taken 75%
- Rollers of the Realm 80%
- Seraph 66%
- Shadwen 75%
- Shardlight 70%
- Skyhill 50%
- Slain 50%
- So Long Earth 75%
- Stealth Inc 2 80%
- Steamworld Heist 50%
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 75%
- The Deadly Tower of Monsters 66%
- The Swindle 75%
- Toybox Turbo 75%
- Traverser 80%
- Tri: Of Friendship and Madness 80%
- Underail 50%

Thanks for the thread! Subscribed, as usual.

You hunt the prices down because I'm at work... and im lazy.

- Invisible Inc 70%
- Abzu 70%
- Chronicles of Teddy 63%
- Convoy 70%
- Darkmaus 50%
- Dex 75%
- Evoland 2 75%
- Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers 75%
- Holy Potatoes a Weapon Shop 67%
- Jotun 67%
- LA Cops 75%
- Legend of Kay Anniversary 75%
- Neon Struct 75%
- Offworld Trading Company 66%
- Planet of the Eyes 75%
- Road Not Taken 75%
- Rollers of the Realm 80%
- Seraph 66%
- Shadwen 75%
- Shardlight 70%
- Skyhill 50%
- Slain 50%
- So Long Earth 75%
- Stealth Inc 2 80%
- Steamworld Heist 50%
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 75%
- The Deadly Tower of Monsters 66%
- The Swindle 75%
- Toybox Turbo 75%
- Traverser 80%
- Tri: Of Friendship and Madness 80%
- Underail 50%

Really good choices. How is Offworld Trading Company?

Also, my recommendations:
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (25% off, now $14.99)
Xenonauts (60% off, now $9.99)

Hupsel

Some recommendations:

Seraph: 66% off. Can´t say the price in USD since Im using the South American store, it should be about $5USD. Good 2D action game with randomized levels and rogue like elements. You don´t actually aim in the aim - aim is automatic - so you have to concentrate on moving around and escaping the enemies. You can level up spells, buy new spells and collect weapons as well.

Renowed Explorers: International Society: 60% off. Turn based Strategy game. One of the best surprises of 2016, too bad the game didn´t get a lot of love.

Invisible Inc: 70% off. Klei has made two of the best stealth games ever with Mark of the Ninja and Invisible Inc. Great turn based game with roguelike elements, where you can unlock new agents and gadgets after every campaign.

Steamworld Heist: 50% off. Amazing game, even at full price. Very charming, has a 10-12h campaign. Its a 2D turn based strategy game where you have to aim your weapons, grenades and gadgets. You can collect new gear, weapons and level up your group of robots to take missions scattered around three acts. Highly recommended.

gngf123

Assault Android Cactus (50% off - € 6,99)
filament.gif

My favourite twin-stick shooter in years because of how expertly crafted it is, regardless of it being WitchBlade's debut title. It may come off of as primarily a co-op experience (local only for what it's worth) but it carries enough meat to its bones to still be a worthwhile single player endeavour, especially when gunning for the S+ ranks per stage. For starters: although it doesn't seem that way on the surface, there is very little randomness that comes into play here, allowing for plenty of room for refinement in one's approach to a level or boss fight. The often dynamic arenas themselves can pose as big of a threat as the robot opposition (something you rarely see in a shooter of this style) with hardly any 'gimmick' recycling to boot, with the enemies simultaneously being sufficiently varied. There's 9 playable androids to choose from, nearly all of them with a noticeably different strategy yet still viable to achieve the highest ratings with. Said characters vary from someone wielding a railgun with proximinity mines on the side, someone who spews lava whilst carrying a giant fuckin' drill, someone who can only damage others through her separate robot (meaning you have to pay attention to three different things simultaneously) or someone with a chargeable vorpal blade allowing for long-distance and highly damaging dashes. The soundtrack is upbeat and compliments the frantic action nicely, there's a lot of effort put into audiovisual readability to prevent a need to constantly glance over to the HUD for crucial information, the bosses are designed around reasonable 'bullet hell' patterns without overstaying their welcome and there exist numerous EX Options (first-person camera, visual filters, upping the enemy count et cetera) for a change of pace. Several other modes too outside of the campaign, such as a Boss Rush, an Infinite Survival and a Daily Challenge.

Or just watch this official trailer. Sure sold me when I first laid eyes on this game.

Downwell (66% off - € 1,01)
WX74zrw.gif

Fast-paced vertical rogue-lite with an ingenious combo system that balances some level of risk-reward to reap its benefits. The idea behind it is simple but with enough nuance in its underlying systems to remain engaging (especially so once you unlock Hard Mode) and its soundtrack is also composed by the same guy who was responsible for Spelunky's, so catchy tunes were all but guaranteed. Certainly one of this year's most underrated gems and besides, it's dirt cheap right now. In-depth analysis by Game Maker's Toolkit if you need more convincing.

Pix the Cat (80% off - € 1,99)
pixthecatx1qe9.gif

'Pac-Snake on Crack featuring cute little ducklings' ought to be a concise enough description!

Lethal League (70% off - € 3,59)
hbtqlc.gif
xjubpo.gif

One-hit kill Battle Pong with parries and nuanced characters (including supers) at breakneck speed. Great soundtrack and supported with GGPO netplay too.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution (70% off - € 1,49)
sboahk.gif

Action-packed indie game with a unique control method that's simultaneously closest to a Treasure game in overall style without being devoid of its own inventive, stand-out ideas. Doesn't outstay its welcome length-wise and has sufficient replay value in between the higher difficulties that properly change the swing of things and different gameplay hooks for each of the unlockable characters. Made by Konjak, who's currently working on Iconoclasts and really has a knack for no-nonsense retro gameplay; just look at Legend of Princess, a short vertical slice freeware experiment he whipped up on a whim so he could try his hand on on the Zelda formula. I digress, so check out the awesome trailer for Noitu Love 2.

Maldita Castilla EX (33% off - € 8,03)
jhwduu.gif
krshng.gif

Criminally underrated. Up there with the likes of Shovel Knight with regards to how polished and faithful it is to the era of videogames it's paying tribute to, while still offering enough concepts of its own to differentiate itself from the source material. Maldita Castilla also successfully makes you feel like a bad-ass; your actions may appear simplistic, but due to the limitations imposed to the player combined with how precise the hit- and hurtboxes are, some of the pixel perfect clutch moments feel extremely satisfying once you (spontaneously or otherwise) pull them off.

These kind of situations - deliberate by the developer or via user error - still end up posing a very fair challenge too, thanks to the snappy controls. If it wasn't for the aforementioned accuracy in hit detection in conjunction with all of your abilities feeling perfectly responsive, then the difficulty curve would've certainly been rubbish instead of the incredibly delicate balance that has been struck. Another element that's commendable about this game's design is how subtle it is in gradually teaching the player, to the point these are susceptible to being unnoticed. There's some easy-to-overlook signposting going on with the environment that can assist you in dealing with certain matters, such as for example inconspicuous landmarks that actually highlight 'ideal' positioning vs obstacles or an unobtrusive tutorial for a specific kind of secret you need to acquire. A lot of thought was put into Maldita Castilla, down to the smallest of details and it was absolutely needed given the intent of clearing this game with no continues (or a minimal amount of them anyways) if you want to squeeze the most out of it.

Bottom line: charming pixel art, catchy old-school soundtrack, sufficient replayability for completionists and just all-around stellar gameplay matched with strict yet reasonable hardships. Doesn't happen often either that I have the drive / motivation to attempt 1CC'ing or no-hitting a game, yet Maldita Castilla passes that 'test' with flying colors. Developer Locomalito has an excellent track record too: several retro games made available for free (including an older version of Maldita) such as a spot-on R-Type kind of shmup named Hydorah.

FURI (30% off - € 13,99)

vzhsne.gif

One of the 2016's biggest surprises. 'An abstract, modernized take on the PunchOut formula' would be the most succinct way of the describing the high-octane gameplay and it's mixed together with a dash of bullet hell-esque shenanigans of increasing complexity, depending on who you're facing. FURI at its core is a challenging, brazen boss rush title that damn near perfectly blends melee and ranged combat together, with the difficulty curve itself never feeling unfair thanks to the universal tells providing ample legroom for you to react. Anyone who claims otherwise by saying this game is trial-and-error (a common complaint) on a first playthrough did not have sufficient understanding of how the attacks were consistently telegraphed across the board, pure and simple. The Game Bakers (the team behind FURI) knew which key components were crucial in order to design well-made boss encounters and the unlockable Furier difficulty proves this even further by maintaining this cutthroat (yet reasonable) balance after upping the ante via redesigned, more aggressive patterns.

Even though the developers themselves were previously unproven, they managed to sign up prolific talent to help create this project. The mind behind of Afro Samurai for example (Takashi Okazaki) drew all the characters and there's an abundance of notable synthwave names who contributed to the all-new soundtrack. Aside from that, the art direction has a clean celshaded look to it and the voice actors / actresses delivered charismatic performances, with triple audio (ENG / JP / FR) to boot. Lastly: there's also a Speedrun Mode (leaderboards included) which cuts all the exposition in between boss fights if you just want action with no frills and there's ample replay value if you're the type of player who to strives to achieve the highest possible rank.

Bottom line: buy this if you're into gratifying skill-driven experiences. Bonus points for the devs being cool peeps.

Arulan

header.jpg

The Age of Decadence - $7.49 (75% off)

The Age of Decadence is a turn-based, hardcore role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees.

An excerpt from the article The Fanatic and His RPG:

The Age of Decadence has not only the typical set of what I would call “mechanical systems” (things like combat or crafting), but also a superstructure of dialogues in which you can use character skills and statistics in bespoke ways. Within minutes of starting the game, my smooth-talking merchant had used his Perception, Intelligence, and Charisma statistics, along with his Persuasion, Trading, and Streetwise skills, to weave elaborate plots that entangled almost every NPC and faction in town. To solve one quest, I tracked down a supplier who was provisioning an enemy outpost and bluffed him into agreeing to let me poison the wine he was delivering; shamed an alchemist into furnishing me with a powerful toxin and then haggled the price down to where I could afford it; poisoned the outpost guards; identified and exploited a bandit captain’s pride and greed to persuade him to attack the outpost; persuaded the local lord’s majordomo to finance that attack; and then—when all was said and done—traipsed into the outpost amid the carnage that had unfolded, with both the captain and the majordomo grateful for my assistance in spilling their blood and treasure.

This is my favorite RPG of 2015, and I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I'm assuming this game is unknown enough to quality for the thread, though it's fairly recognizable among RPG enthusiasts at this point.

Wok

I recall you (I think?) mentioning Trials of Azra in the Recursed thread. It seems more side-scrolling RPG-ish than puzzler from the trailer

Did I? Edit: Nope.

I have found Azra because it was wishlisted by the dev of Recursed. I think I mentioned it in the indie thread for this reason. Not in the Recursed OT.

If you want mecha turn-based strategy, Sunrider: Liberation Day is $10 now, which is about the right price for that game, since it doesn't have the best writing (in fact, the first version was almost ME3 levels of bad storywise, but the devs added more stuff and a DLC thing where the MC time travels to the past to avert the railroaded plot).

Since it's literally one, if not the only example of the genre outside of its predecessor right now, it's worth that much.

You can also mod the free game that came before it into the game, although that has some balance issues.

CHC

I bought Age of Decadence, it's been recommended to me a number of times on this forum, looking forward to giving it a shot at some point.

Has anyone played Curious Expedition? It's always seemed interesting, but Steam reviews seem to suggest the exploration part gets stale quickly.

Guys, House of the Dying Sun or Everspace?
Well, Everspace is still in Early Access. Personally, I prefer Dying Sun. The combat is the pure focus of the game, so much so that the developer scaled back the game from an open Mount-and-Blade structure to a hand-crafted campaign to make encounters better suit the combat. Plus the fleet tactics and how you can seamlessly switch from cockpit to macro view is very cool.

But Everspace is great too, with gorgeous visuals and flashy combat, as well as being a roguelike structure.

Buy Bug Butcher and Outland, people. Two of the best games ever!

Outland is done by Housemarque - yes, the Housemarque that's developed Resogun, the upcoming Nex Machina, and all those other shooters that you love! And you know what, I consider Outland far and away, their best game! It's essentially an Ikaruga inspired platformer with epic bosses and amazing music and is one of my favorite platformers of all time!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305050/

And if you like old school arcade games like Pang/Buster Brothers, Bug Butcher is a nod to that game and a game that you seldom see anymore! It's honestly more of Pang meets Galaxian, in my eyes.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350740/

Rhaknar

Crush Your Enemies is awesome and 65% off, but its also in a groupees bundle right now.

Really enjoying it so far, played about an hour and half.

Aaron D.

$1.99 (-90%)
In Blackbay Asylum, you take on the role of a confused psychopath who finds himself able to leave his cell one day. Explore the hospital grounds, solve mind shattering puzzles, survive relentless horrors and follow the story of Doug Dunheiw as he tries to find some clarity in what goes on at Blackbay Asylum.

$4.99 (-75%)
New cars, new tools, new options, more parts and much more fun in the next version of Car Mechanic Simulator! Take your wrench! Create and expand your auto repairs service empire. Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 will take you behind the scenes of daily routine in car workshop.

$4.49 (-85%)
Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game, set in an open-world cyberpunk city. You command a group of 4 agents through rain-soaked, neon-lit streets, where the law is the will of mega-corporations.

$4.99 (-50%)
Hacknet is an immersive, terminal-based hacking simulator for PC. Dive down a rabbit hoIe as you follow the instructions of a recently deceased hacker, whose death may not have been the accident the media reports.

$5.99 (-70%)
Take control of Invisible's agents in the field and infiltrate the world's most dangerous corporations. Stealth, precision, and teamwork are essential in high-stakes, high-profit missions, where every move may cost an agent their life.

$5.09 (-66%)
Fire up your ray guns, crystal swords, and laser whips, and get ready for thrills and chills! With three incredible movie stars playing out decidedly B-level sci-fi exploits, Dick Starspeed, Scarlet Nova, and Robot will have you ready to jump off the side of the tower—right into adventure!

$1.49 (-75%)
A First Person Shooter Gun Ballet set in a cutesy abstract world. Jump and shoot your way through five worlds full of treacherous enemies with your trusty semi-automatic!

$2.49 (-75%)
The miserable journey of a broken man...

$5.99 (-60%)
Fran Bow is a creepy adventure game that tells the story of Fran, a young girl struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny.

$7.79 (-40%)
In Viscera Cleanup Detail, you step into the boots of a space-station janitor tasked with cleaning up after various horrific sci-fi horror events. Instead of machineguns and plasma-rifles, your tools are a mop and bucket. That hero left a mess, and it's up to you to deal with the aftermath.

$2.49 (-75%)
Age of Gladiators is a single-player strategy/management sim set at the height of the bloody gladiatorial games in ancient Rome. As your fighters increase in level, it will be up to you to decide how to forge their attributes and abilities.

Malalaw

I have 55 bucks in my steam wallet currently. Really considering God Eater and Arma 3 along with Tales of Symphonia at the moment.

Wozman23

I highly recommend Soft Body and Hue. Soft Body is on my short list for GOTY, and Hue, albeit a simple puzzle platformer, was a pleasant, charming surprise.

THOTH and Seasons after Fall are pretty good as well.

Planned on picking up Mekazoo soon on PS4 (after I finish The Last Guardian). Debating if I stick to that plan or grab it on Steam.

Some of my other/older recommendations:

Favorites:
FRACT OSC $5.99 (60% off)
Fly'N $1.99 (80% off)
The Swapper $2.84 (81% off)
INK $1.99 (60% off)

Good:
Telsagrad $0.99 (90% off)
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $0.99 (90% off)
On Rusty Trails $3.24 (75% off)

Enjoyable despite some issues:
Lumini $3.24 (75% off)
The Last Tinker: City of Colors $1.99 (90% off)

Stoze

RYB needs more love, a PC version was released last month. The iOS version was cramped on my phone and I wish I would've known there was a Steam version, even though it's a tad more expensive on sale at $3.99. Well worth it though.
It's one of the better puzzle games I've played this year, I'd call it Hexcells/Minesweeper meets The Witness in terms of puzzle design and how you learn the mechanics.

I'm not sure if this counts as a hidden gem, but Furi is 30% off - my game of the year and simply one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. If you like action games, SHUMPs, fighting games, electronic music, or early 90s anime OAV vibes, you'll love this thing.

Also want to second a recommendation for Downwell, which is 66% off. Great little game, tons of replay, so much style and pure action goodness.

Rhaknar

I just finished Toren earlier today as my 52nd game. Its kinda shit. I kinda loved it.

The graphics arent very good but I really like how it looks artistically. It plays like shit but I like the ideas they have. The story is abstract incoherent gibberish, but its the japanese style of incoherent gibberish, it has heart. Its like its trying to emulate those weird japanese games, and kinda suceeding? So yeah, I was into it. But its kinda bad :p

I recomend it :3

Hmm ... I have House of the Dying Sun, Everspace and Rogue Galaxy on my list. I realize RG only really gives you 2D vs. 3D, but any input on 1-2-3 out of those (or other recommendations for space combat, like X3)?

RYB needs more love, a PC version was released last month. The iOS version was cramped on my phone and I wish I would've known there was a Steam version, even though it's a tad more expensive on sale at $3.99. Well worth it though.

It's one of the better puzzle games I've played this year, I'd call it Hexcells meets The Witness in terms of puzzle design and how you learn the mechanics.
Hey, I'm not the only one who remembers this! It's on my mobile GOTY list

Aaron D.

Hmm ... I have House of the Dying Sun, Everspace and Rogue Galaxy on my list. I realize RG only really gives you 2D vs. 3D, but any input on 1-2-3 out of those (or other recommendations for space combat, like X3)?

I played Dying Sun & Rebel Galaxy. Both are amazing, but quite different in structure.

In spite of Galaxy being 2D, I still think it's one of the best space shooters to come out in quite some time. It has tons of personality and polish.

Dying sun is great too, but I liked Galaxy more.

Odallus: The Dark Call.

header.jpg

aqueducts.gif

Recent score: 100% Userscore: 94%

$2.92 bundled with Oniken

Criminally under appreciated game, which in my opinion is up there with Shovel Knight regarding the quality and respect to the NES era. If you ever wanted a new classic Castlevania, look no further.

nkgkoIR.jpg

cutscene1animatedbig.gif

Also it's Berserk as fuck. Especially the last stage.

Alright, I just sat here making this post while a game was downloading, so apologies for the length in advance. If you're interested in RPGs, adventure games, or roguelikelikes, this list may be of use to y'all. [Note: Prices are all hopefully accurate, and the images are all store links.]

-
Thea: The Awakening, USD$10 at -50%.

Thea is a really cool survival 4X with heavy RPG and roguelike elements. It has a distinct (Polish mythology-inspired) lore, many unique gameplay ideas, and is a solid product all around. Lots of fun to be had. Like, I've played it for dozens of hours and have yet to win... but I keep coming back.

There's nothing else quite like Thea.
-
One Way Heroics, USD$1.74 at -50%; and the Plus DLC, USD$1.94 at -70%. Get both in a bundle an additional -10% off:

An incredible little roguelikelike that appears to be a simple JRPG-esque thing on its face, but with many secrets to discover, and many pursuits to uncover. It's incredibly replayable, as one might expect, and super fun.

And that price. How can you say no?
-
Blackwell Bundle (first four Blackwell games), ~USD$3.99 at -80% plus bundle savings:

and the finale, Blackwell Epiphany, USD$1.99 at -80%.

Blackwell is a story told in five games (be sure to play it in order) and an incredible deal at that price. Paranormal detective work is as interesting as it sounds, y'know?

More than anything, it is a powerful gateway into Wadjet Eye's catalogue, though Blackwell is their very best. Together, they manage to be throwbacks, gameplay-wise, while bringing plenty of their own ideas to the table (Wadjet Eye-related games are good at this).
-
Technobabylon, USD$2.99 at -80%.

Published by Wadjet Eye, made by Technocrat Games, this is what I consider the second best Wadjet Eye adventure, by such a margin that I want to highlight it. Technobabylon has incredible worldbuilding and some really sharp writing. It is a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world worth remembering. An absolute gem.
-
Screw it, just get every Wadjet Eye adventure game. They do great work.
-
Expeditions: Conquistador, USD$4.99 at -75%.

Part RPG, part roguelike, part choose-your-own-adventure, Expeditions: Conquistador offers an enthralling look into something few games broach at all--genuine history. It has mediocre turn-based combat and poor graphics, but there are some amazing ideas at play. Highly recommended.
-
Grim Dawn, USD$13.74 at -45%.

Have you ever been looking for a sequel to Diablo 2? Well, here it is. Grim Dawn takes all of the best ideas used by Path of Exile, without any of the free-to-play wastefulness. It is an ARPG dream become reality.

Just bought this and can recommend this - RunGunJumpGun. If you like masochistic, difficult games, this will be up your alley! Not sure why price shows up as $3+ in link below, but when I went to buy it, it was only $1.19. This is a combination platformer + shooter and is very frentic and fast paced. Great cheap thrills!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440550/

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition
http://store.steampowered.com/app/328760
header.jpg

55p (90% off) is a bargain. Amazing ASCII RPG, with a creative turn based battle system and amazing soundtrack. The soundtrack is also available on Bandcamp. https://rafaelsmith.bandcamp.com/album/sanctuaryrpg-ost

Bundlestars is offering this along with Shadowblade Reloaded, Eldrich, and Lovely Planet as part of their Tier 1 Nemesis 2 Bundle. $1.49.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/nemesis-bundle-2

Top Bottom