• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Hubble

I don't see why you seem to feel so entitled to his time though. He doesn't owe you anything, he doesn't even know you. Do you walk up to random people on the street and demand they answer your questions? Just because you have access to talk to someone doesn't mean you are entitled to an answer.

Especially when you consider how blunt most people are when asking questions on twitter, it's rude.

Then he should not be a dick meaning not replying.

Roto13

I already posted on here but seriously Kamiya is a dick. You ask a question he has not answered before, he barely responds with insight.

Ask him a question that has been asked before, automatic block without answering the question and providing further insight as the fans want.

He's not Google.

The Hermit

I was living for his denial of Sega's existence earlier.
Excuse my application screenshot, couldn't be bothered to load the Twitter site.

Xu2uJAD.png

So...what?

I still don't know how to read twitter

Astral Dog

Just to name a few problems with DMC. It had a terrible underwater section, one of the worst final bosses for an action game, terrible camera angle (fixed camera angle, which would screw you over), only like 3 bosses which you had to fight multiple times, and nightmare.
I'm not saying DMC2 is a good game, but it had those overpowered guns which made it a less of a chore to play compared to DMC.

I'd suggest people to pick up the HD collection and play DMC and DMC2 back to back.

Amusing that you're one the who's saying this. Don't you play Monster Hunter, if so then lol
One of the worst final bosses in an action game!? i never thought people hated the fight against Mundus, even if its not the best ever.
Fixed camera is an issue but has been in all DMC games.
Boss fights were the same design, but had different attacks and patterns, each one better than DMC 2 bosses, also with stronger enemies and combat system.
Underwater section wasn't long but ok, its a problem.

DMC was the first of its kind and has of course outdated elements, but its still a classic and has overall strong design, very few people will agree that DMC 2 was better,or even the same quality, i can't say any more as i never played DMC 2 past a few hours but someone else can.

Reset

One of the worst final bosses in an action game!? i never thought people hated the fight against Mundus, even if its not the best ever.
Fixed camera is an issue but has been in all DMC games.
Boss fights were the same design, but had different attacks and patterns, each one better than DMC 2 bosses, also with stronger enemies and combat system.
Underwater section wasn't long but ok, its a problem.

DMC was the first of its kind and has of course outdated elements, but its still a classic and has overall strong design, very few people will agree that DMC 2 was better,or even the same quality, i can't say any more as i never played DMC 2 past a few hours but someone else can.
Yes it was one of the worst boss fight. Who ever came up with the idea for having a starfox 64 level for the final boss was an idiot.

When I meant the fixed camera, I was talking about the early Resident Evil like camera. The camera only gets in your way during the combat, if you move slightly to the left the camera shifts and it ends up messing with your controls ruining your attack/combo. I'm pretty sure the only other DMC game with the similar camera is DMC2, which improves it and wasn't much of a problem because the stages/area were also larger.

If you enjoy fighting the same boss 4 times, great. But I found it boring, oh and Nightmare is one of the worst bosses ever. Run around the stage(Where the camera changes each time you move to a corner, which makes you get hit unfairly since the controls change) hit the lights, and then run around some more to hit the core. The only boss I remember being as equally as bad in DMC 2 was the helicopter.

DMC might have been great at the time it was released but it has aged like crap.

t1gerjaw

Since we're talking about the quality of his games I'll try to comment what I think about each one of them.

RE2 - Awesome, a timeless classic, but slightly overrated.

DMC - Kinda crappy, unresponsive controls, awkward camera, one of his worst.

VJ - VIEWTIFUL, a love letter to the genre. The visuals fooled me for a long time. I was young, thought it looked stupid and rented on a whim, but man, what a ride. I loved every second of it.

Okami - Beautiful, charming, amazing art and sense of adventure, too bad it is piss easy. One of his best.

Bayonetta - Masterpiece, full of content, style and challenge, Kamiya's most complete game. It does have some flaws, mainly the QTEs, but it does not detract from the experience.

TW101 - Utter garbage, couldn't finished, tried many times, the design is too flawed, game doesn't feel as polished as his other efforts, couldn't get into the combat. A misfire in my eyes, but I'll try to play again someday.

Overall I would say he is pretty good and one of my favorite directors in the industry. I'm really hoping for the best with Scalebound.

Since we're talking about the quality of his games I'll try to comment what I think about each one of them.

VJ - VIEWTIFUL, a love letter to the genre. The visuals fooled me for a long time. I was young, thought it looked stupid and rented on a whim, but man, what a ride. I loved every second of it.

Okami - Beautiful, charming, amazing art and sense of adventure, too bad it is piss easy. One of his best.

Bayonetta - Masterpiece, full of content, style and challenge, Kamiya's most complete game. It does have some flaws, mainly the QTEs, but it does not detract from the experience.

TW101 - Utter garbage, couldn't finished, tried many times, the design is too flawed, game doesn't feel as polished as his others efforts, couldn't get into the combat. A misfire in my eyes, but I'll try to play again someday.

Overall I would say he is pretty good and one of my favorite directors in the industry. I'm really hoping for the best with Scalebound.

Reading this hurt my soul.

Zweisy1

DMC was a good action gane at the time.. Of course other games like Ninja Gaiden Black or Bayonetta have improved on the formula but at the time no other game did what DMC did. It was truly a genre defining title.

Kamiya's stich on twitter got old a long long time ago.. Just cant understand why people think he's so funny and witty when most things he seems to post amount to him calling people idiots, insects or whatever..

I'd much rather follow developers who are happy to share their insight with fans and actually say something of substance every now and then and not insult the people who look up to him.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Didn't know Kamiya has some beef with Sega.

TW101 - Utter garbage, couldn't finished, tried many times, the design is too flawed, game doesn't feel as polished as his other efforts, couldn't get into the combat. A misfire in my eyes, but I'll try to play again someday.

You need to wash your hands.

Datschge

The only Sega console that ever mattered in Japan was the Saturn, which Sega prematurely dropped. Sonic also was never a huge deal in Japan. If there is something about Sega mattering in Japan it's its arcade output. Kamiya is obviously toying with people not being aware of the completely different impression Sega made outside and inside Japan.

The only Sega console that ever mattered in Japan was the Saturn, which Sega prematurely dropped. Sonic also was never a huge deal in Japan. If there is something about Sega mattering in Japan it's its arcade output. Kamiya is obviously toying with people not being aware of the completely different impression Sega made outside and inside Japan.

It sounds to me like you're looking way into it, and it also sounds like you are generalizing some kind of "general opinion" of an entire nation and applying it to one person.

Datschge

Well, we know Kamiya is a fan of Space Harrier, but people bug him with Sega being Dreamcast and Sonic and home consoles he obviously doesn't care for and states as much.

Has anyone ever responded to Kamiya that their mom is dead?

Does he respond with another family member instead? What if that family member is dead too?

Alienous

Has anyone ever responded to Kamiya that their mom is dead?

Does he respond with another family member instead? What if that family member is dead too?

He'd probably run down the list of family members before tweeting "I can see why you're so angry", or something like that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You ask a question he has not answered before, he barely responds with insight.

Ask him a question that has been asked before, automatic block without answering the question and providing further insight as the fans want.

Why does he owe someone an in depth answer, on a site limited to 120 characters, just because they asked? Get over yourself, you'll enjoy the world much more.

e0cb610a02.png

Lol this got me

Aha great.

I was living for his denial of Sega's existence earlier.
Excuse my application screenshot, couldn't be bothered to load the Twitter site.

Xu2uJAD.png

So...what?

Also great.

L Thammy

The Sega joke is "who even remembers the Dreamcast?"

Bayonetta 1 has Sonic the Hedgehog's rings, stages based off of Space Harrier and Super Hang-On, as well as music from Afterburner and such. Obviously Kamiya knows what Sega and Sonic are, although he's much more interested in the 16-bit era.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Sega joke is "who even remembers the Dreamcast?"

Bayonetta 1 has Sonic the Hedgehog's rings, stages based off of Space Harrier and Super Hang-On, as well as music from Afterburner and such. Obviously Kamiya knows what Sega and Sonic are, although he's much more interested in the 16-bit era.

We get it bud, no need to explain it.

sjack

Banned
Why does he owe someone an in depth answer, on a site limited to 120 characters, just because they asked? Get over yourself, you'll enjoy the world much more.

Soooo his twitter account is basically nothing more than a giant hugbox and a platform for him to perfom 3rd grade trolling?

Hilarious.

remz

Soooo his twitter account is basically nothing more than a giant hugbox and a platform for him to perfom 3rd grade trolling?

Hilarious.

Hugbox. LMAO. He doesn't owe you shit. No one owes him shit. It's a platform for Kamiya, nothing more, nothing less. If you can't grasp the concept of someone having a personal account IDK what to say.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Hilarious.

He feels some questions warrant more indepth answer than others. Is it really that hard to understand? He's not telling people "You must tweet at me everyone ask me questions." People ask. He decides if he wants to answer or not.

Those "what...cast...?" tweets are from ages ago. Before Bayonetta 2 was cancelled.

The screencaps on this page? He made those tweets yesterday..
I'm sure he respects Sega as a company, he's just joking around. People know that Kamiya and Sega had a rough relationship with Bayo 2 and all, so he uses that to 'troll' them.

i'm a huge fan of his but Okami is just not a very good game. puzzles are too bland and it drags on waaay to fucking long.

easily his weakest game.

Geg

i'm a huge fan of his but Okami is just not a very good game. puzzles are too bland and it drags on waaay to fucking long.

easily his weakest game.
Replaying the game recently it seemed to me to be very much a "Kamiya game for kids" type of thing. Mainly due to the vastly easier difficulty compared to his other games and how Issun gives away the answer to all the puzzles and such. It probably had to be rated T in the US due to the alcohol references but I'm sure it must have been aimed at young kids in Japan

Akiller

f2f52ef19b.png

Uhm...okay
You know, i loved when Kamiya didn't even consider joking about the blocks and about who blocked, he blocked someone and just moved on. Now these kind of tweets makes me think he's becoming a parody of himself .

impact

Banned

easily his weakest game.

I couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes of dialogue. Easily his worst game ever.

I don't play Platinum/Clover games to read dialogue for a garbage story.

Quite a lot of the people I've seen blocked just seem like people who idolise him and just want his opinion on games and various other topics.

I enjoy his work.. Both Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 are masterful action games but.. I don't know.. Kinda losing a bit of respect for him due to his obnoxious twitter antics. If you're not interested in the things people are asking, fine, but there's no need to be a dick and insult people.

LTTP, but... Perhaps some people like himself may enjoy doing this to pass the time? I may be wrong.

WHOAAAa. I'm the poverty of logical thought around here.

Yup, fucking jarring and weird use of symbols and sentence flow.
I don't get it either.

Top Bottom