• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Arnie7

Banned
It has to do with MS.
He deleted his tweet but this is the tweet he made in Japanese.

MSのクソどもはよー…俺をナメてんのか…?
— 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya) 2015, 7月 29

Rough translation.
"Those shits at MS... are they fucking with me...?"

Hahaha. Should have gone with Sony bro.

In all seriousness. What could it be? Maybe they are not letting him present and treating him as a prop like he said.

Lucreto

Must be GamesCom related

It is also the first time he worked with a western publisher. Microsoft seem very hands on while Kamiya likes doing his own thing.

It has to do with MS.
He deleted his tweet but this is the tweet he made in Japanese.

MSのクソどもはよー…俺をナメてんのか…?
— 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya) 2015, 7月 29

Rough translation.
"Those shits at MS... are they fucking with me...?"

Deleting a tweet like that just exacerbates things. Once something is on the internet, there's no use trying to cover it up.

He tweeted about it again. Definitely about Gamescom.

WUczW1q.png

moered6

Banned
Must be GamesCom related

It is also the first time he worked with a western publisher. Microsoft seem very hands on while Kamiya likes doing his own thing.

well he was complaining about Nintendo being hands-off when it came to marketing wonderful 101

[

de_reddy

Neo Member
Anyone knows whether there's an autograph session planned on gamescom (like he did with nintendo 2 years ago)? My Okami wants his W101 buddy to join him on the display shelf :).

I already looked but can't seem to find the microsoft schedule anywhere.

Resilient

Anyone knows whether there's an autograph session planned on gamescom (like he did with nintendo 2 years ago)? My Okami wants his W101 buddy to join him on the display shelf :).

I already looked but can't seem to find the microsoft schedule anywhere.

the ironing is delicious.

Lucreto

well he was complaining about Nintendo being hands-off when it came to marketing wonderful 101

[

Well marketing is different than looking over your shoulder while working on the game.

Wonderful 101 needed a greater marketing push, after working hard on a game he expected Nintendo would get the word out.

Wereroku

Well marketing is different than looking over your shoulder while working on the game.

Wonderful 101 needed a greater marketing push, after working hard on a game he expected Nintendo would get the word out.
It could also just be that if he was going to take the trip he expected to give a presentation on his game instead of just standing on stage and waving. Probably just annoyed because it's a waste of time.

blakep267

It could also just be that if he was going to take the trip he expected to give a presentation on his game instead of just standing on stage and waving. Probably just annoyed because it's a waste of time.
But that's not how western conferences are. People introduce the game and say a few words and then a trailer plays or gameplay is shown. This isn't the dragon quest conference where people talk for minutes at a time in front of a game logo

I hope Microsoft fucks Scalebound up royally so I can pass on the BONE. I know it sounds selfish and shitty, but please understand this has nothing to do with "system wars."

Nothing personally against this particular box that plays video games, just more about me already having Wii U/PS4 and Cuphead being the only other BONE game that tempts me. Kamiya is a system seller for me, but I'd like to not feel compelled to own every system this gen.

I hope Microsoft fucks Scalebound up royally so I can pass on the BONE. I know it sounds selfish and shitty, but please understand this has nothing to do with "system wars."

Nothing personally against this particular box that plays video games, just more about me already having Wii U/PS4 and Cuphead being the only other BONE game that tempts me. Kamiya is a system seller for me, but I'd like to not feel compelled to own every system this gen.

This is seriously one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on any gaming forum. You're damned right that what you hope for is selfish and shitty.

phanphare

Banned
sounds like MS is using Kamiya as the selling point more than the game itself and they want to trot him out there just to show off their get

if you have to say it has nothing to with system wars then..

Septic360

Banned

1403.gif

Yes it sounds selfish, shitty and you shouldn't post stuff like that because it is just stupid.

rrc1594

giphy.gif

remz

gamers.txt

like seriously man? seriously? this is the worst. how about just let people that aren't you enjoy themselves

blakep267

sounds like MS is using Kamiya as the selling point more than the game itself and they want to trot him out there just to show off their get

if you have to say it has nothing to with system wars then..

I see it as he wants to have stage time to explain the game in detail but that's what the after show and game spot stages are for etc. all I wanna see is gameplay and trailers with minimal talking

jett

D-Member
I thought Kamiya was just a funny guy but he just seems really immature and filled up with all kinds of anger issues. "Microsoft shits", really? Don't bite the hand the feeds you, yo.

rrc1594

I see it as he wants to have stage time to explain the game in detail but that's what the after show and game spot stages are for etc. all I wanna see is gameplay and trailers with minimal talking

All I know is I demand a year's worth of info at Gamescom. You showed a CGI trailer and then not a word for a whole year. I want details

Sojgat

You hope Microsoft ruins the game just so you don't have to buy a "BONE"?

No console warz tho.

diaspora

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Kama_1082

Banned

You're a god damn moron. Holy shit.

phanphare

Banned

for me it feels like MS just wants Kamiya to walk out and then they're going to hold his hand up and point at him to be like "look guys, we got him!"

Wow, you guys are taking this way, WAY out of context.

lol nah everyone's quoting exactly what you said, context intact

it was just a dumb post

rrc1594

Back on Topic.

I hope for at least 10 minute demo on stage, then a 15-20 minute gameplay video release on the internet. No behind close door bullshit.

AAK

What the heck could have transpired for someone to start publicly cursing the company completely funding them? I don't think this has ever happened before in this industry.

Monocle

I hope Kamiya's issue with MS doesn't lead to something serious. They should let him do what he does best in his own way. His past games speak for themselves.

GameFAQs is that way. -->

sirap

What the heck could have transpired for someone to start publicly cursing the company completely funding them? I don't think this has ever happened before in this industry.

It's Kamiya, he gives 0 fucks. Last person you should expect professionalism from. He's the Dana White of gaming.

Jintor

remember when kamiya went ham on nintendo for anti-aliasing fantasy zone 2 or something? lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sounds like he's strongly resenting working with MS, I wouldn't be surprised to see Scalebound Definitive Edition on PS4 after six months as revenge.

Vire

"Oh the Kamiya Twitter thread is bumped again, I wonder what ridiculous shit he said now"

*reads thread* yep, dude is still an immature overgrown man child.

Top Bottom