• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya shits all over Kotaku

Rubius

Kamiya May Cry?
dante.png

Levelled at all the idiot foreigner assholes bombarding him with twitter troll-shit. He would then turn around and answer legit questions and well wishing from actually non-brain dead english speaking fans with decorum and no insults. Who'da thunk it.

Maybe, you know, praise actually that and not his more questionable traits, specially when the golden rule is: Don't feed the troll.

I don't think is going to end pretty.

d0c_zaius

The only thing that's amusing to me is how pathetic it is that people are fawning over this guy for his shitty 3rd grade level insults and comebacks, all because he made their favorite game.

hello and welcome to looking at the half of the scenario that makes you feel better about yourself. maybe you'll check out the other half sometime...

That disrespectful arrogant racist twit!

but I can still fawn over him right?!>? RIGHT?!?

I find his tweets great and I've never played a game of his. outside of MadWorld (and that wasn't even my favorite game, not even close at all).

hey its logic. wassup!

Its a mixture of finding him funny and the fact that I like watching assholes get called assholes. Its something that I think people should do more, because I think there isnt enough accountability for how people act these days, and I think that a huge reason people continue to be assholes is because they dont get called out for what they do or say.

If people were walking up to me all day telling me how I should do my job and making articles that misrepresent what I say
I'd want to call them out on being assholes. Im glad he has the balls to call out people who deserve it. Its not like hes walking around asking random people if they eat shit, he said it as a rebuttal to an asshole who did something that was insulting and rude.

this person gets it too.

Facism

Its a mixture of finding him funny and the fact that I like watching assholes get called assholes. Its something that I think people should do more, because I think there isnt enough accountability for how people act these days, and I think that a huge reason people continue to be assholes is because they dont get called out for what they do or say.

If people were walking up to me all day telling me how I should do my job and making articles that misrepresent what I say
I'd want to call them out on being assholes. Im glad he has the balls to call out people who deserve it. Its not like hes walking around asking random people if they eat shit, he said it as a rebuttal to an asshole who did something that was insulting and rude.

bang on.

Its something that I think people should do more, because I think there isnt enough accountability for how people act these days, and I think that a huge reason people continue to be assholes is because they dont get called out for what they do or say.

Well, that is naive...

Reiko

Banned
Maybe, you know, praise actually that and not his more questionable traits, specially when the golden rule is: Don't feed the troll.

There is no such thing as "Etiquette" on Twitter.

Remember that this is his personal Twitter and not a Platinum Games Twitter.

I'll never understand peoples love for this asshole.

I fallow him since he created his Twitter account and I've got the impression that he is a pretty sweet dude (which still stands).

But thru the years after so many followers (with includes some “journalists”) trying to trolling him, He started to enter in this asshole mode sometimes.

Foffy

Banned
OP is kinda out of context. Quoting myself from the other thread:

I don't fully agree. I think Kotaku was being particularly sensationalist, seeing as they attempt to write about how Kamiya is absolutely out of touch with the PC market, but one of the examples they used was of cloud gaming. Kamiya's view is that the technology isn't really at an ideal where it's a good thing for games in general, and if you look at the types of games he makes, those would easily suffer the most with the way things are. But the Kotaku article literally cites his views as "baffling" to a Western audience regarding that. There are tons of Westerners on GAF who share the exact same opinion Kamiya does regarding cloud gaming. The writer makes such a vapid assumption there.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Reading this whole thread and following this whole fiasco...o lawd. Just laughing my ass off and shaking my head at the same time. Good show.

195 Post more to beat te Kamiya Twitter thread, do it GAF, do it. XD
Unfortunately Kamiya will have to deal with the Kotaku defence force now -__-;

hello and welcome to looking at the half of the scenario that makes you feel better about yourself. maybe you'll check out the other half sometime...
Don't take this as me siding with Kotaku, Kotaku is an awful website. This certainly isn't the first instance of Kamiya being a dick on twitter though, there's an entire thread dedicated to his tweets so my complaints don't stem solely from this thread.

Risette

A Good Citizen
OP is kinda out of context. Quoting myself from the other thread:
The article is garbage. It's bad information with no research or support beyond extrapolating from a few tweets.

The Platinum rule is feed the troll poison, clearly. :)

d0c_zaius

Don't take this as me siding with Kotaku, Kotaku is retarded. This certainly isn't the first instance of Kamiya being a dick on twitter though, there's an entire thread dedicated to his tweets so my complaints don't stem solely from this thread.

ah ok at least you know this isn't something new.

Given how rare it is for devs to interact with fans honestly, and of their own free will, I think people forget the cultural differences plus the fact that he has a right to feel good about the work he does (just based on previous work alone).

whether he is mature is a different subject. but I'd like to see how mature people react to death threats, classless comments and racist hatemail.

DocSeuss

I don't fully agree. I think Kotaku was being particularly sensationalist, seeing as they attempt to write about how Kamiya is absolutely out of touch with the PC market, but one of the examples they used was of cloud gaming. Kamiya's view is that the technology isn't really at an ideal where it's a good thing for games in general, and if you look at the types of games he makes, those would easily suffer the most with the way things are. But the Kotaku article literally cites his views as "baffling" to a Western audience regarding that. There are tons of Westerners on GAF who share the exact same opinion Kamiya does regarding cloud gaming. The writer makes such a vapid assumption there.

Hm, yeah, I can see that POV. Still, I think most of the reactions towards Kotaku (and defending Kamiya, who really doesn't deserve the defense he's getting) are unwarranted, and based almost entirely off the shitty headline.

Kamiya's "I don't think it's reliable yet" is something I'd agree with as well, but many people with better internet service (particularly people who live in big, fiber-supplied cities) would dismiss our concerns as being unwarranted.

It's not a sensationalist article, though. It's pretty level-headed, saying "hey, this guy expresses sentiments of a lot of people in Japan, and it's hard to blame them--Steam isn't nearly as good over there as it is here, and Japanese culture tends to prefer physical objects to digital." That's a completely reasonable position to take, even if the headline is pretty much straight-up click-bait.

Don't take this as me siding with Kotaku, Kotaku is an awful website. This certainly isn't the first instance of Kamiya being a dick on twitter though, there's an entire thread dedicated to his tweets so my complaints don't stem solely from this thread.

I'd love to see a "Kotaku is an awful website, and here's why" thread. Nearly all the complaints I've seen about Kotaku are either unreasonable (getting information wrong is a thing that even sites like RPS and Eurogamer have done), or reference something Ashcraft or Johnson (who no longer works there) have written. Any 'weird culture' article you can find is almost guaranteed to be something Ashcraft wrote, and Johnson's tenure was very short (and rightfully so--everyone hated him). Beyond that, honestly, what have people got?

him dealing with kotaku assholes

NOTE: ^ Keyword before Kamiya's Kanji is SOME...not all

and later

dealing with kotaku supporter assholes

That was juvenile and reprehensible.

I'm guessing dude is hammered, because it's Japan and guys usually are after work.

Still getting Wonderful 101.

That was juvenile and reprehensible.

I'm guessing dude is hammered.

Still getting Wonderful 101.

hes not though.(oh you stealth edited)

Your looking at the tweets that have been brought to light, not the other 10k where he takes the time to answer every tweet

If the question isn't from a console fanboy or an ass he is actually quite nice

was he a dick to that asshole sure... but how nice would you be if you got death threats for showing off Wonderful101 and Bayo2 on wii u, on top of all the DmC bitching, which he has nothing to do with (and that's just the recent stuff)

qq more

I don't give a crap about any of this, I'm more intrigued by his English proficiency; sometimes he'll post something in broken English, while other times he'll come up with something not only impeccable but too witty. So which one is the real Kamiya?

I'm the real Kamiya, duh.

It doesn't really make sense though.

After someone tweeted the 'idiot foreigners' words into his mouth, he clearly went "Ok, fine, yeah, whatever, 'idiot foreigners'".
But to go along with him being assholes to assholes, he was only being an asshole to specifically "idiot" foreigners, and not all foreigners at large.
I guess that could make him an idiot foreigner to other idiot foreigners depending on you location.
Or not.
I don't know.
But I's got me a shit sandwich for lunch. Imported.

Top Bottom