• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hit revealed for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

DeVeAn

I realized that I played with my CAC 100% of the time in XV1. While the additional characters are cool, it's whatever.

Nordicus

I realized that I played with my CAC 100% of the time in XV1. While the additional characters are cool, it's whatever.
The story characters will apparently be better balanced in Xenoverse 2

That, combined with story characters having entirely unique normal moveset, might mean that some of them are straight competitive. They were already pretty fun variety.

Heck, I played a lot of PvP in XV1 with Nappa and had pretty decent success, no small thanks to strength of his normals.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's interesting to see that they actually invested in a prerendered cutscene with Hit. I hope they include the tournament stage/nameless planet as a location.

Havel

All Dragonball characters look the same lol. He's basically purple Freiza in a coat

It's because Toriyama can't draw anymore. He used to be able to come up with varied and interesting designs, but now they are all just bland and samey. Especially the eyes.

And it pains me to say that.

Ran rp

His fight vs Goku was animated much better. Toei's animation can be inconsistent though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSjrM_hnpA

6JiJWum.gif

the good ol' days

tumblr_nhw7fvfnba1t06ubmo1_500.gif

DeVeAn

It's because Toriyama can't draw anymore. He used to be able to come up with varied and interesting designs, but now they are all just bland and samey. Especially the eyes.

And it pains me to say that.
The eyes are more of trademark style.

Trace

Banned
I haven't been following Xenoverse 2 that much, what is the story going to be like? I liked the combat system in Xenoverse 1 but the rest of the game felt really off, like the story had insane difficulty spikes and I didn't want to do all these other little grindy missions.

NandoGip

I haven't been following Xenoverse 2 that much, what is the story going to be like? I liked the combat system in Xenoverse 1 but the rest of the game felt really off, like the story had insane difficulty spikes and I didn't want to do all these other little grindy missions.

Story is new and not much has been revealed.

The gameplay in XV2 is greatly improved judging from reviews of the open Beta.

The gameplay in XV1 had difficulty spikes because instead of A.I. they just gave the CPU super armor or infinite ki. This supposedly has been fixed in XV2.

Also the grind has been removed from the side missions.

Piers

That's what I found understandable but a little sad. I actually loved doing missions amongst over-powered CaCs as Krillin/Tien/Yamcha etc.
The only problem I find with the fighting system is that melee attacks have zero depth. Then again, I don't know if Budokai really went any further than guard-cancelling either.

Edit: The customisation system in those games were rad though. I loved the decision on whether to stack Super Saiyan forms at the expense of taking slots for other attacks/buffs.

While they showed it in the reveal trailer, I hope the World Tournament stage isn't suppose to be a stand-in for the Universe 6 arena, especially if they ever attempt to do the story for that saga.

Fj0823

Id really like an animation were we only see the player get punched, but with Hit not moving.

That would've been perfect.

Top Bottom