• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN - 66%OFF, Denuvo removed, Demo Available, MAC version released

MUnited83

For you.
One thing I liked about Blood Money is being able to set the game on the easiest difficulty and just mess around with the silly AI and try to be the worst possible assassin that ever existed.

Is the AI too smart this time around to be able to do stupid stuff?

Depends on your definition of smart but you can definitely to do some stupid stuff alright.

Mesoian

One thing I liked about Blood Money is being able to set the game on the easiest difficulty and just mess around with the silly AI and try to be the worst possible assassin that ever existed.

Is the AI too smart this time around to be able to do stupid stuff?

Oh, I think you'll be just fine.

This game runs terrible, it's completely unplayable

Changing the graphics settings doesn't do anything, I put them all on the lowest they can go and noticed no change. I can't even barely move 47, and there's a noticeable half second delay when moving the camera

What could be the issue? My computer runs everything else from 2015/2016 just fine...

Kssio_Aug

Changing the graphics settings doesn't do anything, I put them all on the lowest they can go and noticed no change. I can't even barely move 47, and there's a noticeable half second delay when moving the camera

What could be the issue? My computer runs everything else from 2015/2016 just fine...

I'm running with everything on max settings, DX12 at 60~100 fps (RX 480 + i5 2500). I think you should be running it just fine if you can run most games allright. Have you tried DX12 instead of DX11?

I've tried just the demo though, still didn't buy the full game.

farisr

How is it always online? You can play the game offline.
It's not always online, but you need to be online to unlock things. Still an online requirement that really shouldn't be there in the first place. The game is in a much better state than it originally was as they patched in the ability to play with your unlocks offline, but they just fell short one step. So due to being against games that require online connections to servers for things that don't require them, sadly due to that one thing they still haven't changed, I haven't bought the game.

I'm running with everything on max settings, DX12 at 60~100 fps (RX 480 + i5 2500). I think you should be running it just fine if you can run most games allright. Have you tried DX12 instead of DX11?

I've tried just the demo though, still didn't buy the full game.
I can't run it in DX12, I use Windows 7. The option is grayed out.

Akronis

You should probably post your specs.

I feel guilty for cashing in on the price error when Amazon was selling the entire first season for $14.99 (pre-release). Though I'm guessing that hit Amazon and not IO. May gift it to someone anyways. They deserve it, the game is amazing.

Yeah I did the same. Although I feel worse for only playing the tutorial

Still always-online and Elusive Targets make this an easy pass.

Im pretty sure you can play offline. And why are elusive targets a pass?

El_Cinefilo

Just bought the rest of the episodes on PS4. I already had the first 3. To be honest it'll probably be a while before I get round to them. I've been having too much fun messing around in Sapienza for the last week.

finley83

Banned
OS - Windows 7 64 bit
CPU - Intel I5-2500k
Ram - 16GB
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Your CPU is the bottleneck. As it's a K chip go into the BIOS and up your CPU multiplier to 40, that should get you a nice stable overclock and help with the FPS drops in crowds.

Basically if you get a game where lowering graphics settings doesn't improve your FPS it's most likely the CPU.

Trouble

Banned
Just bought the rest of the episodes on PS4. I already had the first 3. To be honest it'll probably be a while before I get round to them. I've been having too much fun messing around in Sapienza for the last week.

Sapienza is too good. Most people's fave. I really like Hokkaido because when you first start out it's harder than any of the other levels to find an 'in'.

Kssio_Aug

Your CPU is the bottleneck. As it's a K chip go into the BIOS and up your CPU multiplier to 40, that should get you a nice stable overclock and help with the FPS drops in crowds.

Basically if you get a game where lowering graphics settings doesn't improve your FPS it's most likely the CPU.

Definitely not. I'm running at 60~100 fps with an stock i5 2500, at max settings and SMAA. It's not his CPU.

I think people all the time underestimate the i5 2nd gen working with a GTX 970 / 1060 or RX 480 / 580. I hear people all the time saying CPU may be severly bottlenecking performance with these GPUs and it ends up never being the case.

Almighty

I am so tempted to buy this right now. The online required to unlock things has me a little worried, but I have two major questions. How is the single player content and how does this game compare to Blood Money?

Javier23

Banned

Post your settings. That sounds quite odd.

Definitely not. I'm running at 60~100 fps with an stock i5 2500, at max settings and SMAA. It's not his CPU.

I think people all the time underestimate the i5 2nd gen working with a GTX 970 / 1060 or RX 480 / 580. I hear people all the time saying CPU may be severly bottlenecking performance with these GPUs and it ends up never being the case.
Could it be big picture mode over a Steamlink?

I've never had issues with it before, but I'm out of ideas st this point.

Post your settings. That sounds quite odd.

ylDtjCT.png

These are just the recommended settings. Lowering the settings down to the minimums doesn't do anything to fix the problem. Windowed fullscreen doesn't fix it either (that's worked for me in a few games)

Kssio_Aug

Could it be big picture mode over a Steamlink?

I've never had issues with it before, but I'm out of ideas st this point.

Maybe! You should try running directly.

Although I just did a quick search and people are saying it performs quite bad with Nvidia GPUs (but apparently not nearly as bad as you said). Take a look if it's running on exclusive full screen as well.

Edit: Yup, it's on exclusive full screen, just saw your update! Try running directly without Steamlink just to make sure.

I am so tempted to buy this right now. The online required to unlock things has me a little worried, but I have two major questions. How is the single player content and how does this game compare to Blood Money?
It's the best Hitman has ever been, and dwarfs Blood Money in terms of level size and number of options and possibilities. While I think Blood Money had more memorable scenarios, the levels here make up for that in terms of sheer quality and depth

Hitman is something rare and special: an honest-to-god comeback, a return-to-form that sets the bar for all future returns-to-form. From a game that made one question if IO had forgotten what made the series special, that altered many of the series' unique features in baffling ways, to a sleek game that pushes the Hitman series to new heights.
But even putting all that aside, Hitman is a triumph of game design, with sprawling clockwork sandboxes just waiting for you to poke and prod and manipulate, each one heavy with atmosphere and clever story vignettes, with so many ways to approach each mission that a single one can last you a dozen hours, and a huge amount of additional content that challenges your assassination prowess in new ways. This is the sequel I've been waiting a decade for.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
For a reference point, it seems like you and I have similar PCs, (970 GPU and a similar CPU) and performance in the game has never been that bad for me. I used very similar (though a tad lower than the recommended specs since I was dual screening and wanted some overhead to run other stuff on that monitor).

It should be something other than the settings for the game. Whether Steam Link, Big Picture or something else (drivers??), it shouldn't be those game settings.

Javier23

Banned
Try running it directly on your PC without using Big Picture first, see what happens. The game definitely shouldn't run that bad and I see nothing wrong with your settings (though setting Level of Detail to Ultra could be pushing it a bit too far in your case, btw).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ohh might double dip on Mac. Not up on the App Store yet for me.

Edit: Nevermind its Steam, even better.

Hadn't updated my GPU drivers since March of 2016 (that's probably around the time I got my card)

Updating those makes it work fine. Just some minor dips when panning the camera over crowds

It also works much better with big picture mode off. Steamlink on its own doesn't appear to have any effect.

It's still not great, it hangs for multiple seconds occasionally, but it's sorta playable now I guess

Edit: Just entered the boat where the target is in the tutorial mission and it's running at a smooth 5fps. Ugh...

Almighty

It's the best Hitman has ever been, and dwarfs Blood Money in terms of level size and number of options and possibilities. While I think Blood Money had more memorable scenarios, the levels here make up for that in terms of sheer quality and depth

Well I am sold. Just a few days ago I was thinking of replaying Blood Money. Looks like the universe wants me to play this instead.

Unity2012

After playing the first two chapters, I finally bought the full season thanks to this sale.

The game looks really good with HDR on the Xbox1 S. This season of Hitman exceeded my expectations. I started it as a filler for my desire to play a new Splinter Cell game; but I found this game fantastic and engrossing on its own way.

I hope it gets the 4K enhanced deal on the Xbox1 X. Great game.

I already have this on PS4, really tempting to buy it on PC as well.

Funny, I already own this on PC but I'm tempted to double dip on my PS4 Pro. Got a new 4K HDR tv yesterday and this is a game that supports HDR on the Pro so I'm tempted to pick it out and see what it looks like.

Edit: I guess the PC version supports HDR too so maybe I should just hook my gaming laptop up to my tv and go that route.

Okay, you're going to have to help me here
I have no idea what I'm doing. That error on the top was there when I entered the Bios. Don't know why it's there.

My only complaint about HITMAN 2016 is the reliance on scripts and triggers. Other than that, it's Blood Money 2.0

As much as I loved sending the message that I wanted more HITMAN when I bought it, I wish I bought it now that IOI gets the profits. Come on Season 2.

Kssio_Aug

Okay, you're going to have to help me here

I have no idea what I'm doing. That error on the top was there when I entered the Bios. Don't know why it's there.

Before trying this (wich I'm pretty sure won't solve your problem) can I recommend something else?

Download and run this benchmark: http://www.userbenchmark.com/

It's very simple: download the executable, and when you open it it will run and give you the results. Then compare it to the statistics it will show you and see if your CPU or GPU will be with an info saying it's performing "way below avarage" or something like that. If there's something wrong with your hardware it may alert you and help to find a solution.

It doesn't make sense to be the CPU, cause it works just fine with your GPU (it may cause some bottleneck, but not nearly this much, I say you this cause I have very similar specs).

Before trying this (wich I'm pretty sure won't solve your problem) can I recommend something else?

Download and run this benchmark: http://www.userbenchmark.com/

It's very simple: download the executable, and when you open it it will run and give you the results. Then compare it to the statistics it will show you and see if your CPU or GPU will be with an info saying it's performing "way below avarage" or something like that. If there's something wrong with your hardware it may alert you and help to find a solution.

It doesn't make sense to be the CPU, cause it works just fine with your GPU (it may cause some bottleneck, but not nearly this much, I say you this cause I have very similar specs).

Is this bad?
UserBenchmarks: Game 47%, Desk 42%, Work 26%
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K - 41.2%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 - 69.9%
HDD: Samsung HD103SI 1TB - 43.9%
RAM: Unknown BLS8G3D1609DS1S00. BLS8G3D1609DS1S00. 16GB - 59.1%
MBD: Biostar TP67XE

CPU is well below average

Top Bottom