• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

There are some brutal ways to get rid of Abbiati, some rehashes of other levels but damn, that's a solid bonus mission.

Finished it silent assassin using the "holy" route. Abiatti has a pretty long scripted route that he follows!
Yeah, I got SA using the priest and confession followed by meeting on the church roof option.

justjim89

Professional mode feels a little too unfair in some respects. Only played Paris so far, but it fell apart quick. Suspicious NPCs and guards seem placed specifically to make popular avenues of ingress harder, not because they make sense within the level within the fiction. Or removing key items that had every reason to be where they were originally. Just seems punishing. Curious to see how SO,SA's go on pro mode.

Landslide seems pretty cool.

Majora

Re: the sound mix, I think it's definitely something they need to work on in Season 2. Quite quickly I turned down the music volume because it drowned out the talking but even then there can be a lot of clashing conversations, conversations from far away drowning out ones you're stood directly next to etc. It can get a bit messy.

Landslide is fun. I like that the beach area finally got utilised properly as it always felt a bit underused. Not sure if it's better than the Marrakesh bonus mission just yet but it's a lot better than the Icon which was quite limited and closed off. Nice that there's several songs to listen to as well, if it was just one on loop it'd probably get annoying.

On Landslide

Where the hell is the lawyer, Bravuomo? I've checked everywhere I can think of short of just busting down doors in plain sight, and I cannot find him until the game suddenly says he's been discovered and being forced to the meeting, at which point I book it back to his office to see if I can tell which way he's coming from, and he's already there.

AHA-Lambda

On Landslide

Where the hell is the lawyer, Bravuomo? I've checked everywhere I can think of short of just busting down doors in plain sight, and I cannot find him until the game suddenly says he's been discovered and being forced to the meeting, at which point I book it back to his office to see if I can tell which way he's coming from, and he's already there.

Yeah this is one of those occassions I said f*ck it and turned on Full for Opportunities

He's hiding inside a locked toilet across from the Caruso mansion

Majora

On Landslide

I haven't done this opportunity yet but using instinct it looks like
someone is hiding in the toilets near the food market. I assumed it was him but haven't tried to get access yet as the toilet door is locked

Yeah this is one of those occassions I said f*ck it and turned on Full for Opportunities

He's hiding inside a locked toilet across from the Caruso mansion

I haven't done this opportunity yet but using instinct it looks like
someone is hiding in the toilets near the food market. I assumed it was him but haven't tried to get access yet as the toilet door is locked

Ah,
I could have sworn I used Instinct like twice to see if there was anyone in that area, but I guess I just didn't notice him.

GonzoCR

Professional mode feels a little too unfair in some respects. Only played Paris so far, but it fell apart quick. Suspicious NPCs and guards seem placed specifically to make popular avenues of ingress harder, not because they make sense within the level within the fiction. Or removing key items that had every reason to be where they were originally. Just seems punishing. Curious to see how SO,SA's go on pro mode.

Landslide seems pretty cool.

Yeah, some placements are pretty weird.
The guard who was actually inside Dalia's bathroom took me by complete surprise.

Stoze

Re: the sound mix, I think it's definitely something they need to work on in Season 2. Quite quickly I turned down the music volume because it drowned out the talking but even then there can be a lot of clashing conversations, conversations from far away drowning out ones you're stood directly next to etc. It can get a bit messy.

Landslide is fun. I like that the beach area finally got utilised properly as it always felt a bit underused. Not sure if it's better than the Marrakesh bonus mission just yet but it's a lot better than the Icon which was quite limited and closed off. Nice that there's several songs to listen to as well, if it was just one on loop it'd probably get annoying.

Yeah I've had my music turned way down since I started playing, unfortunately. Just adding a VO sound slider would go a long way, and I'm surprised it's not in yet considering how crucial it is to gameplay (discovering opportunities) and exposition.

Otherwise Landslide is pretty great so far. I said "YES" out loud when I saw you could
use the confession booth as the priest.

justjim89

Yeah, some placements are pretty weird.
The guard who was actually inside Dalia's bathroom took me by complete surprise.

Yep. That's one I was thinking of specifically. I'm sure the rest of the levels are full of similar situations, too. Might as well put in the fucking mines from escalations that only kill 47, while they're at it.

Akai__

After todays update on the Xbox One, the game is just crashing as soon as I get to the main menu. Tried a hard reset, but no luck. :'(

Lima

After todays update on the Xbox One, the game is just crashing as soon as I get to the main menu. Tried a hard reset, but no luck. :'(

Go to My Games & Apps, select Hitman and manage game. Hover over the first entry "Hitman" and hit the hamburger button and delete it. Then redownload and it will work.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=253979

Just played Landslide and my god Sapienza looks absolutely beautiful in HDR. The lighting of the stage, time of day is just perfect for HDR.

I think my game is bugged... I try to turn on the stage manager's microphone but it doesn't do anything. He still just stands there failing to control the crowd because his megaphone isn't on.

Szadek

I'm trying to get SA, SO on Paris Professional and it's borderline impossible.
Viktor is easy, but I just can't find a way to kill Dalia.

Terminal Velocity
seems to be the only option.
It's just awful.

justjim89

It's crazy to think that if this were just a normal AAA release, we'd just be getting the game now. No full year of content, no year's worth of word-of-mouth spreading about the game, no Elusive Targets yet, and no player feedback for the things they've already fixed. And even then, without as much incentive to replay levels, having 100 hours logged into the game would be a lot less common.

So glad this game went episodic.

Got the physical steelbook edition today. It's pretty nice, glad I waited for the disc version.

A little annoyed I still need to download 12 gigabytes worth of crap for updates, though. Ah well.

phoenixyz

Professional mode seems a bit ridiculous. I only tried Paris so far, but just plain removing every powerful item and route is a bit lame imho.

Also, I noticed you can not just carry a sniper rifle around anymore (in professional mode). Just imagine if there was some kind of game mechanic which allowed you to smuggle the rifle to your sniping position. Man, if somebody thought of something like that. Would be amazing.

Professional mode seems a bit ridiculous. I only tried Paris so far, but just plain removing every powerful item and route is a bit lame imho.

Also, I noticed you can not just carry a sniper rifle around anymore (in professional mode). Just imagine if there was some kind of game mechanic which allowed you to smuggle the rifle to your sniping position. Man, if somebody thought of something like that. Would be amazing.

...Wait, is Sniper Assassin still in the professional challenges list for Marrakesh?

I think that leaves literally only one option for doing it.

BTA

I've been watching a ton of videos of playing Paris + Sapienza (just those as not to spoil myself too much for figuring out the later levels) over the past couple weeks in anticipation of getting the physical copy today; I'm excited to finally start tonight. Sorta wish this had come out sooner since there were other games I should have used that time for, but I just ended up hyped for this, hah.

Maybe this is weird, but - I sorta wish the game didn't come in a steelbook? I think it looks cheap and the art (particularly the title) doesn't look as good as it is on the box. PS4 cases generally look aesthetically nice as is, so it's unfortunate that games try to do something special and end up with something that kinda just sticks out weirdly instead.

Has anyone gotten SASO in Paris on Professional? Shit's impossible.

I have, what I did was
I entered through the basement(making sure to take out the camera before it saw me and to wait out the guard investigating) to take out the vcr and to enter through the stairwell located in the kitchen. go up to where the fireworks controller is and take out the dude holding it. I then carefully headed through to the auction while hiding from guards. after that, just activate the fireworks and let gravity do the job for you.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i'm a big fan of the Hitman series (i have platinumed every game) but i stayed far away from this one because i heard some really bad stuff about the always online requirement, i assume that all is been taken care of by now. I think i'm gonna get the physical PS4 release because that steelbook looks pretty damn sexy.

Heel

What HDR setting made the square barely visible for all of you? I cranked it right up to 14. Could probably go a bit higher.

I was at 12, but that was with some daylight in the room. Going to check again tonight. Samsung KS8000.

The HDR implementation seems understated at first glance, but the game looks great. Sunlight at the end of the sewer in Sapienza, the sunset, etc. Can't wait to look around!

GonzoCR

I have, what I did was
I entered through the basement(making sure to take out the camera before it saw me and to wait out the guard investigating) to take out the vcr and to enter through the stairwell located in the kitchen. go up to where the fireworks controller is and take out the dude holding it. I then carefully headed through to the auction while hiding from guards. after that, just activate the fireworks and let gravity do the job for you.

Thanks, yeah that was how I was getting upstairs, but since I've never actually done that kill even on normal mode I never thought of it lol.

Nictel

I'm trying to get SA, SO on Paris Professional and it's borderline impossible.
Viktor is easy, but I just can't find a way to kill Dalia.

Terminal Velocity
seems to be the only option.
It's just awful.

Funny I can do Dalia but not Viktor

Way to kill Dalia:
Move around outside to the back (with the helicopter) sneak to the rain pipe left of the balcony (I took out one of the camera's on the corner with my silent pistol) -> Climb up and welcome to the auction. Next sound the fire alarm, the guards will leave Dalia's room and bathroom -> hide in the closet, take out the guard in the bathroom and lure the guard in with radio/coins. Lure Dalia in the bathroom with coins. Done. (If the dude walking around is in her room you can distract him with coins and take him out too). You can simply walk out since the suspicion rate will not go up quickly enough when walking out the room.

justjim89

It really feels like they went too hard with professional. It feels like they're punishing or outright trolling players for knowing the map. A stricter set of rules would've been enough, but making the rules super hard, adding new guards, and moving around key items in the level? The whole thing seems fucked.

It's like the worst parts of Hitman 2.

justjim89

If you get spotted by a camera, does that kill your SA rank, or can you still destroy the evidence after?

I'm wondering this too. Been going to the security station first on every run.

How do you even get Helmut's disguise in pro mode? He's completely surrounded during his call, to an absurd degree.

I think I'm the only one who went and beat The Farley Crescendo before any of the other new content. But my controller died and I needed something basic to learn KB+M controls.

Is it just me or did this one feel like the old escalations? Where you accidentally figure out the best strategy at level 2 and then none of the subsequent complications really change things.

Also, that Square Enix parody UK tv ad for the disc release advertised "80+" escalations. But we only have a little over 40 right now?

I'm wondering this too. Been going to the security station first on every run.

How do you even get Helmut's disguise in pro mode? He's completely surrounded during his call, to an absurd degree.

Oh man. I cannot wait to try this.

Sounds like they pulled a Dark Souls 2 NG+. Just straight up "fuck you" enemy and camera placement. They're also probably using all the online info/heat map info they've gleaned from the last year against us.

Szadek

I'm not bothering with Professional anymore.
It's just very unfair and unfun.

I like a good challenge (which is why I'm planning to get SA/SO and Sniper Assassin in every level), but this is just ridiculous.

GonzoCR

The camera placements on Professional in Paris are really tripping me up. Wouldn't be a problem if getting to the terminal wasn't such a pain in the ass lol.

The camera placements on Professional in Paris are really tripping me up. Wouldn't be a problem if getting to the terminal wasn't such a pain in the ass lol.

I have to admit, vaulting a wall only to get seen by a camera at the top of the wall was hilarious.

But then I found another vaultable wall not watched by a camera, so that was a minor setback.

Gitaroo

Anyone able to get hdr working on pc? SW2, RE7 and obduction work on my pc but not hitman. I tried dx11 exclusive fullscreen chroma 4:2:0 & 4:2:2. The hdr option is greyed out.

jambo

Anyone able to get hdr working on pc? SW2, RE7 and obduction work on my pc but not hitman. I tried dx11 exclusive fullscreen chroma 4:2:0 & 4:2:2. The hdr option is greyed out.

Is it available in-game? People above seem to have similar issues.

Top Bottom