• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy 2 Likely To Use Unreal Engine 5

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Past leaks and job listings have pointed to the development of a sequel to Hogwarts Legacy.
  • A new job listing for Avalanche Software’s next AAA title seeks experience with Unreal Engine 5.
  • This engine could give the sequel a completely new look.
Past evidence has suggested that work on a sequel is already underway. Adding to the excitement, we found a new job listing that hints it will be based on Unreal Engine 5

Why it matters:
Unreal Engine 5 is a major step up over the last iteration in nearly every way, making this an ambitious transition for any AAA title.

Hogwarts Legacy Unreal Engine 5

The studio behind Hogwarts Legacy is currently hiring a Senior Character Artist. This job ad clarifies that the studio is looking to hire developers for its next big project.

via Tech4Gamers

Last edited:

Xdrive05

Wasn't the first game a custom engine?

Curious if it will be a direct sequel, a prequel or set in some entirely other era of the story.

Edit: nm, it was apparently UE4.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wouldn't mind an expansion to the first game that fleshes out the world more and adds in the features that had to be cut for time.

Last edited:

proandrad

Still waiting on the first real UE5 game to look or run better than the current best UE4 games. Until then, I will continue to believe UE5 is too much for this generation of consoles.

Fbh

Hopefully it's for next gen console then.
Otherwise it will probably run like crap like most UE5 games.

StereoVsn

Hogwarts 2 - Kill the Magic League:

Harry Potter and the main book series characters have been put under compulsion and have now become villains.

A plucky team of C series Harry Potter characters have formed the team to defeat and kill the one time heroes. They now have Wand based guns and super jump spells. This will also be a GaaS title of course.

😁😁😁

Audiophile

Gold Member
UE5 + cross-gen with PS6 I bet.

If they turn it into an MTX-fest though they can feck off, I'll buy it on eBay, play it and then sell it on again to rob them of two sales.

The game/franchise sells more than enough as is and doesn't need MTX. I mean, it's the best-selling game of the past year..

intbal

Just so no one can say they weren't warned, here are WB's comments about the game:

Rather than just launching a one-and-done console game, how do we develop a game around, for example, Hogwarts Legacy or Harry Potter, that is a live service where people can live and work and build and play in that world on an ongoing basis?”

Top Bottom