• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood Reporter & Deadline: New ‘Scary Movie’ in the Works From Paramount

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I LOVE SCARY MOVIE 1-4
Hollywood Reporter
Deadline
New ‘Scary Movie’ in the Works From Paramount
The Miramax label at Paramount under new boss Jonathan Glickman is getting back into the Scary Movie business with a new movie that will go into production this year for theatrical release in 2025.
Dimension Films, a former genre label of Miramax, originally released the Scary Movie comedies during the early aughts grossing north of $896M through five movies.
Miramax will finance the new Scary Movie and Paramount will distribute. The news comes after Miramax named Jonathan Glickman CEO.
There’s no word on if this new take will feature original stars, an all-new cast or a mix (a legacy sequel, if you will).

I hope it hits the highs of 1-4, and not the lows of Scary Movie 5. Hopefully Cindy and Brenda are back.

Last edited:
The RackaRacka boys from YouTube were offered to write/direct it after they released Talk to Me.

Morbid humour is right up their alley but they ultimately turned it down.

bitbydeath

Would be great if they reunited the Chanels as the main cast.

images

jason10mm

Gold Member
Horror is in such a wierd place right now, what even is the dominant vibe?

They gotta look at blumhouse stuff to parody, I guess. Or just say "I love A24!" and the whole cast just scratches their heads in confusion :p

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Horror is in such a wierd place right now, what even is the dominant vibe?
Who knows. I'm too lazy to check, but I dont know what the sales are like for any kind of horror movie.

I've never been a horror fan. I find old school slashers like Friday the 13th cheesy, Scary Movie spoofs silly, but movies like Saw or Ring too creepy to watch.

If I watch a horror flick (if it can even be called that), I prefer ones that are more like just sci-fi killing movies like Terminator 1 which some people classify as horror. I never thought of it as horror as I always thought it was an action movie with Arnie. But if those kinds of movies can be labeled horror, those are the movies I'd watch.

Last edited:

Puscifer

The window for these "Movie Movies" is long gone, the Wayne's walking away when they did was a sign in hindsight.

This is the same family that openly said they have members who stopped taking to them because they said they aren't funny and they wouldn't put them on any projects.

StueyDuck

I LOVE SCARY MOVIE 1-4
Hollywood Reporter
Deadline
New ‘Scary Movie’ in the Works From Paramount

I hope it hits the highs of 1-4, and not the lows of Scary Movie 5. Hopefully Cindy and Brenda are back.
I kind of really want it because parody comedies and silly comedies aren't really a thing anymore. Spoof films if you will.

But I also don't trust any modern writer to really get the humor right.

I still remember trying to watch that pentavarate or whatever the Michael Myers show was called and even with him helming the show it still felt a little held back, watered down and censored

Last edited:
I kind of really want it because parody comedies and silly comedies aren't really a thing anymore. Spoof films if you will.

But I also don't trust any modern writer to really get the humor right.

I still remember trying to watch that pentavarate or whatever the Michael Myers show was called and even with him helming the show it still felt a little held back, watered down and censored
Where is Waynes World 3 with old Wayne and Garth, Bill And Ted Face The Music style. at this point though, i am surprised we haven’t gotten old forest gump yet. Espescially with there being a fucking sequel book.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Where is Waynes World 3 with old Wayne and Garth, Bill And Ted Face The Music style. at this point though, i am surprised we haven’t gotten old forest gump yet. Espescially with there being a fucking sequel book.
That would be interesting but you absolutely have to get Dana carvey back, didn't he kind of say he's done with movies?

There were rumblings of an Austin powers 4 as well haha but I doubt we'll see that either.

Top Bottom