• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY SHIT: 'Double Impact 2' Script Is Written, by Van Damme himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/double-impact-2-script-written/

"Double Impact" is arguably one of action legend Jean-Claude Van Damme's best films, for two reasons: It's got double the Van Dammage and another face-off against the great Bolo Yeung (who played his "Bloodsport" nemesis).

When we met JCVD last week, we took the opportunity to ask him about the "Double Impact" days -- and Van Damme began to gush about the possibility of a sequel.

"I wrote the script with a friend of mine Sheldon - He [co-wrote] "Bloodsport" and "Double Impact" with me," he told us. "Hopefully, somebody smart enough, like an agent or a producer, can put that back together...I'm excited about it, you know?"

One of the things Van Damme stressed was the lack of franchises in his career: "I have no franchise. I lost 'Bloodsport,' 'Lionheart.'"

"'Double Impact' [would be] a great franchise," he told us, explaining how he thinks his twin characters Chad and Alex might have evolved. "Today, Chad would be like the guy in 'JCVD' and Alex would be the guy like 'The Expendables.'"

"I came up with a great story set in Los Angeles. [Chad] is a producer, making pictures with a big house behind him. Alex is gonna go on vacation and has some problems with the Triads. Why? Because Chad went to Hong Kong and to get some loan money using [Alex's] face, all of that bulls**t. And Alex comes [to Los Angeles] to see Chad and he's full of s**t, has a girl pregnant, and she's the sister of the big boss from South Central. It's like 'Double Impact' in Los Angeles."

Van Damme did and still does have a franchise — the "Universal Soldier" series — but he did try to bring the original's magic back with "Universal Solider: Regeneration." Even Dolph Lundgren came back, but the film still went straight-to-DVD. He's just completed "Universal Solider: Day of Reckoning" with Lundgren (apparently Sgt. Andrew Scott will not stay dead.) and is slated for a November 30th theatrical release. It looks like his involvement in "The Expendables 2" is already starting to pay off.

Hopefully, we are going to Feel the Impact once more. Give us this, Hollywood.

MAKE IT HAPPEN DAMMIT.

vandammeshootb62h2.gif

DMczaf

When I was 6 and saw Double Impact, I thought Jean-Claude Van Damme were two people.

Jean-Claude was the nice guy twin

Van Damme was the gangster twin.

It made sense at the time!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
After watching that movie, I wondered how my life would be different if my parents had named me "Chad".

/shrug

When I was 6 and saw Double Impact, I thought Jean-Claude Van Damme were two people.

Jean-Claude was the nice guy twin

Van Damme was the gangster twin.

It made sense at the time!

When I was 5 I convinced myself that Arnold was the same character in every movie (well, he kind of was). But it was mostly out of denial from watching him die at the end of T2 that I saw the same character in Predator, Conan, Total Recall etc

I didn't give a fuck. Dude lived.

I also used to make the meow noises Van Damme would make in Bloodsport when I would do my Frank Dux powder impression. My dad would laugh his ass off.

- J - D -

I was confused when Van Damme said he had no franchise, but then I kept reading and fortunately, the writer of the article mentioned Universal Soldier, the greatest franchise about revived dead soldiers.

DMczaf

When I was 5 I convinced myself that Arnold was the same character in every movie (well, he kind of was). But it was mostly out of denial from watching him die at the end of T2 that I saw the same character in Predator, Conan, Total Recall etc

I didn't give a fuck. Dude lived.

I also used to make the meow noises Van Damme would make in Bloodsport when I would do my Frank Dux powder impression. My dad would laugh his ass off.

Hahaha I would act out my own Van Damme movies, they all consisted of me avenging a brother who died and having to go into a tournament to do that.

Then again, that's how Kickboxer and Best of the Best got 5 more sequels so I wasn't that far off from being a Hollywood producer.

Hahaha I would act out my own Van Damme movies, they all consisted of me avenging a brother who died and having to go into a tournament to do that.

Then again, that's how Kickboxer and Best of the Best got 5 more sequels so I wasn't that far off from being a Hollywood producer.

Holy shit! You too!

When I was six I told my best friend that I was hunting the murderer of my master and he didn't know what the fuck I was talking about. He told his mum and she called my mum and I went bright red and ran into my room.

DMczaf

Holy shit! You too!

When I was six I told my best friend that I was hunting the murderer of my master and he didn't know what the fuck I was talking about. He told his mum and she called my mum and I went bright red and ran into my room.

Wow, cliffhanger! The sequel is going to be balls out Wrath of Khan shit!

Those OG 80s and 80s action flicks...man, those were the shit.

I loved Double Impact...a DI2 would probably be a better action movie than 90% of the dreck out today, irrespective of the Velveeta levels caused by Van Damme.

Anyone that post in the Movie thread knows I love this first movie. Someone start a kickstarter right NOW! I need this in my life.

Also, JCVD's straight to DVD flicks are still fun.

DMczaf

Oh yeah, Double Impact had that really awkward rape scene with the only 2 female actors in the movie.

There's no way you can tell Van Damme wrote the movie.

OK so:

Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Hard Target
Double Impact

Any other necessities? Wasn't The Quest supposed to be good? And Timecop?

Oh man. I remember when I was a kid I thought The Quest was a sequel to Bloodsport and I was losing my shit waiting for the release. Then my dad read a review in the paper saying it was awful and we didn't go.

I watched it on VHS when it hit and it was indeed disappointing.

Aku-Audi

Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Lionheart
Hard Target
Double Impact
The Quest
Timecop
Double Team
JCVD
UniSol 1, 2, and 3
Sudden Death

Add Replicant (another twin movie), Maxumum Risk (another twin movie!) and Wake of Death to that list.

Also, Assassination Games was pretty damn good and is a very recent flick.

Oh man. I remember when I was a kid I thought The Quest was a sequel to Bloodsport and I was losing my shit waiting for the release. Then my dad read a review in the paper saying it was awful and we didn't go.

The Quest is alright. The fight choreography and editing is pretty good actually, just that the story is all over the place and half the plot is just forgotten suddenly.

OK so:

Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Hard Target
Double Impact

Any other necessities? Wasn't The Quest supposed to be good? And Timecop?

definitely see Time Cop

yeah, The Quest we meh...

Nameless

"My Brother, because he looks like me? Well I'm going to change that...I'm going to fuck up his face"

0.jpg

#TeamAlex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom