• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Machines Videos

Tonky

I really hope this beast still makes it into the game. Looks more intimidating than Thunderjaw.
Guerrilla-1024x724.jpg

HolySheep

Neo Member
Cauldron-spoiler:

So the machine in the cauldron-leak. Is it a new one? It looks kind of different, but maybe its just me

I really hope this beast still makes it into the game. Looks more intimidating than Thunderjaw.

A different concept art featuring what seems to be it was shown in some videos such as "Evolution of the Machines".

Am I seeing things ? I'd say there's still hope as we haven't seen a lot of the snowy regions. That machine seems to rule over these lands.

I don't really play western RPGs (Skyrim was the last and that was back in 2015). So, Horizon is filling a void for sure. I still want to eventually play The Witcher 3 as well.

this probably will appeal more to action players than rpg. those "is this rpg" comments probably come mostly from rpg player than action player who probably just think this is awesome.

The better question would be if RPG fans are interested in this not-RPG

/s

Fun combat and action are huge parts of the game. Hell I'm excited for it just for the combat and exploring.

RPG stuff are just additional content to me :p

I love RPGs, but I'm here for the action and exploration. Everything else is secondary

You're probably fine. I'm not fond of EXP mechanics but I'm keenly interested to see how this game pans out.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by RPG and what you dislike about them (if you do).

I'm not a big fan of most big WRPGs because I'm largely combat oriented (some exceptions like Witcher that excel outside of their combat, but largely, it's not something I look forward too). In that regard, there's a few JRPGs I really enjoy primarily on the strength of their combat system.

However, Horizon seems to be putting the combat at the front, so that alone gets me excited for the playground of things it might provide.

Yup, good times :)

Yeah, they're doing amazing work animating the animal machines.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will enjoy this game. I think the gameplay looks wicked cool and original.

Tonky

A different concept art featuring what seems to be it was shown in some videos such as "Evolution of the Machines".

Am I seeing things ? I'd say there's still hope as we haven't seen a lot of the snowy regions. That machine seems to rule over these lands.
Good catch, I see it too. I just feel like if a machine as awesome and intimidating as that was in the game they would've shown it off by now.

silva1991

Yup it looks like it. Exclusive to snow area probably.

Top Bottom