• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How close are current games' graphics to reality? Scale from 1 to 100?

How close are current-gen games' graphics to reality on a scale from 1 to 100?

• 1-10

• 11-20

• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41-50

• 51-60

• 61-70

• 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeteBull

Whats was your point exactly in regards to my post?

I was proving that biased offline renderers are still far from real life compared to unbiased renderers.....and games are a million miles away from biased renderers.

So on scale from 1 to 100, we are closer to 1 than we are to 10 let alone 100 with current real time graphics.
If some cgi can be already photorealistic, like that left pic, it means realtime gameplay should be there in 20-25years, thats my point

buenoblue

Depends what you mean by reality. Games look great no doubt but actual reality is never really chased. Movies and tv shows don't look like reality either.

Some tech demos were quite impressive. I remember that VR FPS game (or it wasn't VR) that looked very realistic. A lot of it boils down to lighting.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Dont know but I'm wiiling to bet that the finest 16bit 2D Pixel art will be revered for all time, in a way 3D Graphics never will, no matter how realistic they get.

Top Bottom