• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do I disable auto-displaying new posts?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Being a model GAF citizen and just an outstanding person in general, I have Gold as you can see, and with that you get the feature that new posts in threads you're looking at will automatically appear with no action required. This messes me up completely and makes me lose my place in the thread, I much prefer reloading manually to display new posts. How can I disable this behavior? I can't find a setting for it on https://www.neogaf.com/account/preferences

Help?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
It's a feature of gold and you got gold so deal with it.

If it's bothering you then maybe try not spending so much time on Neogaf lol.

Jennings

Being a model GAF citizen and just an outstanding person in general, I have Gold as you can see, and with that you get the feature that new posts in threads you're looking at will automatically appear with no action required. This messes me up completely and makes me lose my place in the thread, I much prefer reloading manually to display new posts. How can I disable this behavior? I can't find a setting for it on https://www.neogaf.com/account/preferences

Help?
This is the one reason I no longer have Gold on my own account. So now I show my support by gifting Gold to other members when they post something that amuses me.

I just hate constantly chasing a post I'm trying to read when a popular thread keeps updating it out from under me.

Edit: Oh, this is on my Android devices by the way. I don't know how well this problem is handled on PC.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I'm really not sure how it messes up losing your place in a thread. The page doesn't automatically jump to the new post, it just refreshes in the background and lets you know there's a new post waiting at the bottom for you. If you're having trouble reading, then maybe learn to read better?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm really not sure how it messes up losing your place in a thread. The page doesn't automatically jump to the new post, it just refreshes in the background and lets you know there's a new post waiting at the bottom for you. If you're having trouble reading, then maybe learn to read better?

There is definitely jumping. And if I'm not on the last page the order of stuff will be super weird, with posts skipped etc.

Top Bottom