• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you cope with getting older?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
Fam I am 21 just got out of a 4 year relationship where we still love each other, just graduated 3 days and am seeking employment, and now the thing I am looking forward to most is the NBA Draft

:|

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The two worst parts of aging are norwoodism and skin degradation. For the latter I NEVER go a single day without applying sunblock every 2-3 hours during the day. NO exceptions, even if I'm not going out or it's raining or overcast. Retin A as well. For the former I plan to get my doctor to subscribe me finasteride and get a forehead reduction eventually. This can delay it but the age pill catches up with everybody eventually. My long term cope is that 50 years from now (hopefully I live to 73) there will be some way for doctors to reverse the damage done by aging. So I'll get the aging damage reversing treatment every 10 years or so to keep extending my life span. Then eventually it'll be possible to transfer your brain into the body of a robot. It'll probably take a while before the operation becomes accepted and mainstream like plastic surgery so I'll dump my life savings into getting one done early on and transfer my brain into an artificial body customized to look like a 20 year old male model. It'll probably be like 5-10 years before everybody's doing itso for that brief glorious moment I'll be able to enjoy life as an actual human. Then after that it'll just be a complete fucking arms race of aesthetics until everybody is an 8'1'' 300lb 7% bf 24 inch dicked super human with perfect features and skin.

Here's your regime OP.

While I'm optimistic for age reversal technologies in my lifetime, let's be real

Brevity, thy name is jb1234

Loki

Count of Concision
1. Find someone older than you and complain to them
2. Be chastened for a while since you have no right to complain and they will lose their shit at you
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you're the oldest person you know
4. Complain incessantly about being old.

LMAO

Volimar

If you're lucky you'll realize that getting older isn't such a bad thing. It's like sitting in your favorite comfy chair that has an ass groove just your size. It's unsettling a bit, but familiar and comfortable. You've still got so many years before you need to even worry about the effects of age. As Baz Luhrmann said, "Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth."

I try to be a better person than I was yesterday. Barring that, I try to be a better person than I was last week. Barring that, last month. Then last year.

It's worked out so far.

pixelation

Just live an adventurous life. Go mountaineering in dangerous winter conditions. Go backpacking in grizzly bear country. Go surfing in 15+ foot swells. When you live like that, you'll be so preoccupied with not dying in the present moment that you won't have the time or energy to worry about aging. Plus, if you DO manage to survive to an old age, you'll have a bunch of kickass stories to tell!

For more advice of a similar nature, I direct you here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShittyLifeProTips/
Yeah i do like doing risky things, and i plan on at least trying most things in my non-existant bucket list before i die. I am currently a boxer and will get into MMA afterwards, and i have more plans after that.
Look at this fuckin disrespect right here

Mods ban this fool
lol i love this post haha.

I simply enjoy the time I have. I've nearly lost my vision before, so I try to take whatever happens in life in stride. Worrying about things isn't going to help, and worrying about something as meaningless as aging does no good.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I try not to think about it and think young.

I love video games am a big kid at heart so it helps.

The two worst parts of aging are norwoodism and skin degradation.

I literally get aroused whenever I see one of your posts.
I love that you use the word "Norwoodism" rather than just saying baldness. Maybe shit like that is why you can't get dates?
Also that you admit that you never even tried

Dalek

20??

Man if I was 20 again and could do it all over.

I'm turning 40 this summer. I feel like the walls are closing in on me.

I literally get aroused whenever I see one of your posts.
I love that you use the word "Norwoodism" rather than just saying baldness. Maybe shit like that is why you can't get dates?
Also that you admit that you never even tried

His posts remind me of one of the best things about getting older: having the skills and confidence to get what he wants despite this, uh, "norwoodism."

I have the problem where i'm only 24 but i'm really fat and I know that despite it being really easy to be fat now the older I get the more my weight is going to take a toll on my body. And yet i'm still young enough that I keep telling myself "I have plenty of time to lose the weight, no rush" and then have pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert.

FUME5

Listen here you little shit, you're 20, you're a god damn baby.

For real though, there's a shitload of better things to worry about than the inexorable march of time.

On two folds.

One, even at 32, and having a full beard, I still have a problem with having a baby face.

Two, just accepting the reality of the situation regardless. Either way, the older I become, I found I am increasingly someone who accepts reality for what it is, and therefore, me getting older is no different than 100 billion people that came before me. Hopefully 100 billion, and more people will come after me, and I'm just nothing more than a single grain in the sand. That's my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom