• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you currently feel about your life?

I'm getting increasingly nihalistic.

I was supposed to be planning a big birthday celebration for myself (turning 40) and I just deleted the Facebook event.

I think I might get on my motorcycle and just start riding till I run out of money.

Oh I'm 60 and I remember the feeling. "Shit, I'm nearly forty, time to stop faking it and start actually being a grown-up."

Turned out to be a false alarm, though. ;)

mhayes86

Content, and hoping things only get better.

My dog passed away last month which really affected my wife and I. It motivated us, though, and we ended up rescuing two dogs after some time of mourning, and began looking for a house. We're in the process of purchasing and hoping to move in by the end of this month. Also, I'm hoping to get a start date for a job that I was offered which will bump my salary up by 20%.

.J.

Banned
Things are mostly good. Great wife, decent house, interesting job, wonderful friends.

Still dealing with routine suicidal depression. So... not sure how to answer.

I feel good about my life in general, but I have a brother who isn't doing so well. I feel guilty for being happy when he's sad and depressed, and it makes me sad.

giphy.gif

Spent the last couple years repeatedly discovering exciting new lows. I've finally gotten off my ass and I'm at least trying to make a bunch of changes. Hopefully something works out.

Idde

It's kind of a mixed bag. I finished up the second draft of my novel (which turned out sooo much better than I could've hoped for when I started writing). I've got a handle on most of my injuries, so I can start building back up again. The rest of my bachelors degree should only take about a year, so the end is in sight. And I just finished a quite complicated relationship, which gives me a lot of peace and quiet.

On the downside: my anxiety is proving to be a real bitch (and is also the reason the relationship didn't work out). At times it drowns out al the positive stuff mentioned above, at times I can actually control it. A couple weeks ago I managed to actually completely enjoy an evening out with friends, without any problems.

I applied to a practice with a bunch of psychotherapists. I have to wait six weeks for an intake, but I have a lot of faith they'll be able to help.

Unit24

Well, my body is still failing me in ways that prevents me from partaking in what used to be my main hobby, and doctors still can't figure out what's causing it.

Soooooo not great, at least until that's sorted.

gwarm01

I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just trying to focus on that for now, because I have no idea what comes next.

in a weird flux state where everything is fine on paper, even exciting, but also has an underlying feeling of falseness or even melancholy/fear.

so.... ok i suppose?

Plum

Good luck with it all!

I think I am a bit "it is never hopeless" as I just managed to get where I want to be professionally at the age of forty three. Yes, it took a lot of work (a lot of coding in my spare time to prove myself so people would give me a chance if the opportunity arose), but ten years ago, when I was working at an ISP writing Apache modules for the online account administration server, I would never have entertained the idea that I would ever be working on what I am working on now.

And I don't really want to say what, as I like a certain degree of anonymity on here. Well, as much as the internet will allow. But it is hugely successful with a very recognisable IP.

So I am a bit full on with "it is never too late".

Apologies for the late reply but thanks for the encouragement. I know things aren't hopeless, but they definitely feel like it. I'll see where I am in two years time when I've graduated because, right now, I've got no clue what and who I want to be. I'm still doing a degree I hate going into a field I have no idea about whilst having a completely fucked social life, but at least I'm still young.

It's the long-awaited Frazzles game, isn't it? No other reason for someone to have a Frazzles avatar :)

Top Bottom