• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much vram does your GPU have?

How much vram does your GPU have?

• 4 GB or lower

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • 6GB

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • 8 GB

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • 10 GB

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • 12 GB

Votes: 76 22.2%
  • 16 GB

Votes: 50 14.6%
  • 20 GB

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • 24 GB or more

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • I only have a console

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters

winjer

Gold Member
There are several threads talking about the amount of vram that games require. And the discussion about how much is needed can become quite heated.
But now I pose the question of how much vram do gaffers have on their GPUs.
So let's find out what is the average vram people have around here.

QfjMgoC.jpg

Garibaldi

24 (3090). I like knowing I can mod in ridiculous textures and not have to worry. Although my extremely heavily modded Cyberpunk and Skyrim are knocking on the door of the cap.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Still trucking at 8GB.
Well Done Good Job GIF by DAF Trucks NV

I'm also playing at 1080p and not getting the newest and AAA hottest releases on PC.

Sleepwalker

16gb on my 4080. It eats up anything I throw at it.

8gb on my wifes 2080s which is honestly great for switch emulation and the games she plays.

smbu2000

24GB 4090 on my desktop and 16GB 3080 on my laptop.

My previous desktop card was a 12GB 3080ti before I upgraded to the 4090.

Still rocking a 1070 which is 8GB I'm pretty sure? Need to upgrade but have been waiting for prices to get back to normal levels. Nearly there.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It's funny how people on NeoGAF always tell me you can build an amazing PC for $500, then you see this poll results and the majority of people here have GPUs with 24 freaking GB of VRAM or more

The usual bullshit by the PCMR
Nice strawman.

Besides your point being utterly ridiculous, just because you have a high-end setup doesn’t mean you can’t recognize the utility and value of a more budget-friendly system. I have a 4090 but fully know you absolutely don’t need that to enjoy games.

Posters like you seriously harm this place by always attempting to start shit for no other reason other than being fucking petty.

Last edited:
Went with a 3090 for the 24GB. Sure not much uses that these days, but every now and again something odd will try when running ultra settings. Hell, Dragon Age Inquisition at max settings using DLDSR gobbles up 20-22GB :messenger_grinning_sweat: Only others I can recall that high are Steel Rising and FFXV

Top Bottom