• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How one card almost ruined Hearthstone (Pocket Gamer)

rac

Banned
The problem I have with heartstone is that its not fun losing to people who just throw down every card in their hand. Sure clearing the board and stabilizing is a lot of fun but most of the time you just don't draw the answers at the right time .

I've been playing solforge a lot and I just think it's the better game. Surprised there isn't a gaf community for it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The most broken cards in the game are Dr Boom and Mad Scientist. Suggesting that aggro decks are somehow weak in this meta because of Antique Healbot is pretty laughable tbh. Face hunters and mech mages everywhere.

Acerac

Banned
The most broken cards in the game are Dr Boom and Mad Scientist. Suggesting that aggro decks are somehow weak in this meta because of Antique Healbot is pretty laughable tbh. Face hunters and mech mages everywhere.

Got 3 mad scientists in a hunter arena last week. Long story short I ended 12-0.

Such a dumb card.

Healbot is really good if you can return it to your hand a couple of times, otherwise it is not that powerful of a card and I don't run into it much at all. DoomBot is the one that when it is played it is like OH CRAP! What now?

Also whoever said Bloodlust...shhhhh don't let anyone tamper with that or my Shaman deck will weep. Nothing more satisfying than having board of low level mobs and throwing out an enhance o mechano and bloodlust card. Turns the game real fast.

Nictel

I played healbot in combination with a secret that copies the card twice. Needless to say I played 5 healbots in the end and won. I apologized :p

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This article was written by Dennis. It makes no sense.

Also Boom isn't even op, everyone can handle the 7/7 when it drops. It's just no playable 7 mana card existed before it outside of druid so everyone is adjusting to a new curve style. Undertaker was the definition of broken. Closest thing now is a perfect mech mage hand.

Jenenser

This article was written by Dennis. It makes no sense.

Also Boom isn't even op, everyone can handle the 7/7 when it drops. It's just no playable 7 mana card existed before it outside of druid so everyone is adjusting to a new curve style. Undertaker was the definition of broken. Closest thing now is a perfect mech mage hand.

the 7/7 body on itself isn't the problem, its the 2 bombs it also summons. effectively its a 9/9 with 2-8 definate damage. it simply has to much value for 7 mana.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
the 7/7 body on itself isn't the problem, its the 2 bombs it also summons. effectively its a 9/9 with 2-8 definate damage. it simply has to much value for 7 mana.

The bombs are pure rng nonsense. They can win games and lose them too. I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of stat budgeting, but very rarely do I freak out about Boom.

The bombs are pure rng nonsense. They can win games and lose them too. I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of stat budgeting, but very rarely do I freak out about Boom.

There's no way to clear Dr Balanced without a lot of effort. Even BGH still leaves you with 2-8 damage on the field, which is like a split crackle, or sorta like 2 arcane missiles. Which likely kill your BGH the next turn. Too much value for the cost. Dr Boom should be 8 or 9 mana, or the bots need to be truly random like Mad Bomber.

It's so good it's like an auto include in every deck.

I'm an expert

There's no way to clear Dr Balanced without a lot of effort. Even BGH still leaves you with 2-8 damage on the field, which is like a split crackle, or sorta like 2 arcane missiles. Which likely kill your BGH the next turn. Too much value for the cost. Dr Boom should be 8 or 9 mana, or the bots need to be truly random like Mad Bomber.

It's so good it's like an auto include in every deck.

It's a darn good card, but it's an auto include because there are genuinely no good 7 mana cards for 75% of the classes. 7 mana is just the sweet spot. I dunno. I honestly don't mind the card that much.. it's not like oh turn 1 undertaker I lost. Turn 7 Boom is hardly an auto concede.

Perfect mage curve to turn 4 is an auto concede.

Top Bottom