• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive shipment delays/issues

UnrealEck

My Vive has sat in the same place for over 10 hours now. Was meant to be delivered today. Great £47's worth of service, DHL.

MilShap

Decided to check FedEx delivery manager one more time before bed last night and whaddyah know, should have my Vive on Friday.

Ordered March 28th, PayPal, order switched to pending fulfillment a little over a week ago. Definitely sign up for the delivery manager if you are in the US, it notified me before anything else.

datamage

Ordered on 3/22 (w/a CC) -- pre-auth went through last week, then charge dropped off. Received a shipping confirmation this morning along with a new charge on the credit card.

Should be here on Friday, just in time for the weekend.

ToD_

The Vive was just delivered at my office. Will head home in 10 minutes to set it all up and give it a whirl.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Got my vive, in my hands, no charge yet lol. Thinking about transferring all my money to another account.

Compsiox

Banned
Got my vive, in my hands, no charge yet lol. Thinking about transferring all my money to another account.

Then they find out and you get a letter from their lawyer :)))

I don't think it could be considered your fault but that's a pretty shitty thing for you to do.

iceatcs

Same happened to my friend with his Vive order, but got charged in a week after Vive arrived.

Quite mess up between despatch and shipping system.

I was expecting for the vice to show up tomorrow. Earlier today I get an update that it's on the truck for delivery today. Go home during lunch and guess who shows up!

What's funny is that on my way home I past a truck that I was sure was the one. I thought so due to the fact that he turned down the street that intersects my street. The guy that came had one of those delivery vans instead.

Guess I'll head back to work..

Reallink

I ordered Feb 29. This thread is depressing to read.

Order went into "pending fulfillment" a week ago, so I can only hope it will ship this week.

I ordered Feb 29th too and just got my shipping confirmation this morning so don't lose hope.

It's a shame so many media outlets have seized on Oculus' issues (who actually have some method to their madness), but HTC have gotten a relatively and effectively free pass.

Zalusithix

It's a shame so many media outlets have seized on Oculus' issues (who actually have some method to their madness), but HTC have gotten a relatively and effectively free pass.

To be fair, the shipping issues for Oculus are far worse. We're getting things out of order, but at least they're shipping at a decent clip. Oculus on the other hand hasn't shipped any order past the first day. Past the first hour even. Hell, I don't think they've gotten past the first 10 minutes. Then they're releasing to retail with all those preorders unfilled. Also read something about them switching to ground shipping for all remaining orders.

I'd go through the DR shipping lotto again in a heartbeat before I'd want to deal with the Oculus situation. That's rather damning.

UnrealEck

My Vive order has been with a courier for over eight hours now. 11am it was with them. It's now after 7:10pm. Do couriers really have 8+ hours worth of parcels in their van?
It was meant to have been delivered yesterday but it sat in a depot for 12 hours.

This is apparently £47 of delivery service here.

KScorp

Finally got the shipping notification.

Order date: 2/29
Shipping date: 5/5
Estimated arrival: 5/9

Still wish HTC/DR shipped in the same order that orders were placed. Mostly so I could set it up this weekend instead of over the week.

Luth1en

Has anyone from the Netherlands received theirs? I ordered 27/3/2016 (paid via PayPal) and haven't heard from them since.

To be fair, the shipping issues for Oculus are far worse. We're getting things out of order, but at least they're shipping at a decent clip. Oculus on the other hand hasn't shipped any order past the first day. Past the first hour even. Hell, I don't think they've gotten past the first 10 minutes. Then they're releasing to retail with all those preorders unfilled. Also read something about them switching to ground shipping for all remaining orders.

I'd go through the DR shipping lotto again in a heartbeat before I'd want to deal with the Oculus situation. That's rather damning.

In Europe they got up to about 30 minutes in the UK and 20-30 minutes in other countries. I think the US was far behind at like 10 minutes. The US got a big batch this week and Occulus have said that they've dialed down Europe a bit to equalise it a bit more across continents.

But definitely not up to the first hour yet, or the first day.

SimplexPL

...stealing.
In other news, the charge that was in a temporary hold on my card since 26th of April disappeared today. Does it mean they will ship the vive soon?

Apparently it does.
Order date: 03/20
Pre auth charge date: 04/26
Tracking number email from DHL: 05/06

Finally, I started getting irritated by all those April order that already arrived.

XShagrath

I placed an order for this a week ago, and my order is still just showing as "Submitted" on the Order History page, with no data for Shipment Month yet. Is this normal?

KScorp

I placed an order for this a week ago, and my order is still just showing as "Submitted" on the Order History page, with no data for Shipment Month yet. Is this normal?

The description of the product should say when it is expected to ship. I went to the order page just now, and one of the lines in the middle says "Expected to ship around June 2016." It's not bolded like it was for previous months.

Status will stay as "submitted" until they start processing your order.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm kind of bored with my Vive already. For those waiting on their shipments like I was just recently, meh. I'm thinking of selling mine to cover the cost of a 1070 gpu.

taco543

I'm kind of at a cross roads and don't know what to do, I ordered my vive pre order day 2/29, expected delivery in may. I got the email to tell my bank about the charge coming to my card, my bank approved and authorized it (I know because I called Chase and they informed all lights are green on their end.) So I call HTC to see whats going on considering I never received a shipment notification after a week, but the charge was still pending on my account, they inform me that they can't say anything other than the fact that its pending fulfillment. Fast forward more the charge is gone off my card, I call my bank again and they inform me again that everything is approved on their end the charge is green lit and ready to go, so I call HTC again regarding my order and they again tell me there's nothing they can tell me regarding my order, I tell them the charge is gone off my card but my bank has approved it if all they need to do is charge it to ship, they should recharge my card and it will go through, the guy says he can't do that and can't tell me anything other than my order is pending fulfillment. Idk what to do I was patient the whole time through but this is now starting to become a joke. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

I'm kind of at a cross roads and don't know what to do, I ordered my vive pre order day 2/29, expected delivery in may. I got the email to tell my bank about the charge coming to my card, my bank approved and authorized it (I know because I called Chase and they informed all lights are green on their end.) So I call HTC to see whats going on considering I never received a shipment notification after a week, but the charge was still pending on my account, they inform me that they can't say anything other than the fact that its pending fulfillment. Fast forward more the charge is gone off my card, I call my bank again and they inform me again that everything is approved on their end the charge is green lit and ready to go, so I call HTC again regarding my order and they again tell me there's nothing they can tell me regarding my order, I tell them the charge is gone off my card but my bank has approved it if all they need to do is charge it to ship, they should recharge my card and it will go through, the guy says he can't do that and can't tell me anything other than my order is pending fulfillment. Idk what to do I was patient the whole time through but this is now starting to become a joke. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?
Everything you're going through sounds pretty normal. After I got the pre-authorization email the pending charge stayed on my card for about a week then feel off. About 2 days later I got my shipment notification. After my Vive arrived, my card was finally charged the full amount.

Pre-auths drop off after a few days, depending on how your bank handles them. Think of a pre-auth as a way for a company to check and make sure you have the funds in your bank before they begin shipping the product to you (instead of someone else). They don't actually charge you until the thing hits the road. It's confusing, and annoying, but it's how pre-auths work unfortunately.

taco543

Everything you're going through sounds pretty normal. After I got the pre-authorization email the pending charge stayed on my card for about a week then feel off. About 2 days later I got my shipment notification. After my Vive arrived, my card was finally charged the full amount.

Pre-auths drop off after a few days, depending on how your bank handles them. Think of a pre-auth as a way for a company to check and make sure you have the funds in your bank before they begin shipping the product to you (instead of someone else). They don't actually charge you until the thing hits the road. It's confusing, and annoying, but it's how pre-auths work unfortunately.

thanks for the help, I'll be more patient but if I dont see anything this wednesday thats going to be a week with nothing. then Im going to have to call again and see whats up.

thanks for the help, I'll be more patient but if I dont see anything this wednesday thats going to be a week with nothing. then Im going to have to call again and see whats up.

Again, nothing you can do but wait. As people said before, this charge is just a test to see if all works OK. After 10 days it will be automatically canceled and at a later (undefined) moment, the Vive will ship and the final charge will be made to your account.

MaDKaT

Do you get Pending Fulfillment if you payed via paypal too?
4/6 order here.

I paid via Paypal it got a Pending Fulfillment. Seemed like I had it for 4-5 days and then got tracking information. Ordered April 4th, received May 4th.

SimplexPL

Don't worry - my order was never "Pending Fulfillment" (only "In process") and my vive was delivered today.
March 20 order.

Marven

Ordered on April 6 and got charged today. Of course Chase rejected the initial payment for some reason and I had to verify that my card wasn't stolen. Luckily DRI/HTC lets you resubmit the charge. Guess I need to start working on my VR room.

pj

Banned
Ordered on April 6 and got charged today. Of course Chase rejected the initial payment for some reason and I had to verify that my card wasn't stolen. Luckily DRI/HTC lets you resubmit the charge. Guess I need to start working on my VR room.

I ordered 3/6 and was charged like a week and a half ago. Still no word on shipping.

No hurry on your VR room

Plasmid

Will they allow for changing of shipping address? I want to send it to my office instead of home. I messaged them on the 4th with no response.

Top Bottom