• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge protest going on in NYC (and DC) over Trump's anti-immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunster

Please, resistify my avatar :)

5MimFVT.jpg

UberTag

Made my own, but am surprised these aren't more widespread on the forums.
This is a political movement. Many folks are simply too isolated within their little life bubbles of video games, hobbies, family, school, work, etc. to either vote or pay much attention to the world around them.

So they'll tune it all out until they wake up one day and see that games have jumped $10 overnight because of tariffs on Mexico or one of their long-time friends is getting deported because of the color of the skin even though they've lived in America pretty much their entire lives or because their internship in a scientific field has been suddenly cancelled due to lack of funding and they'll muse to themselves, "Man, maybe I should pay attention the next time an election comes around."

Then, they'll quickly forget about it and go watch PewDiePie spread hate messaging to his subscriber base consisting of millions of children.

In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a day that went by that Trump didn't look out his window and see a sea of people opposed to every garbage move he makes.

In an actual perfect world Trump wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom