• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Card Game Bundle (Star Realms, Sol Forge, MtG 2015, and more)

wanders

Digital card gamers unite! There's something for everyone- from TCGs to deck builders. Includes free copies of print and play card games Card City Nights (also available digitally for free) and Aliens in Outer Space for those who want to get physical. Everyone should try out Star Realms if they enjoyed playing Dominion!

Pay what you want
Scrolls - Full Version
Sol Forge - Dinosaur Starter
Star Realms - Full Version
Talisman: Digital Edition and Talisman: Prologue +Two Character Packs

Beat the Average
Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Special Edition Garruk's Revenge Expansion
Dominion Online - Seaside Expansion
Sol Forge - Two Starters + Bonus Gold

Pay $12+
Dominion Online - Intrigue + Prosperity Expansion
Scrolls - Humble Bundle Deluxe Pack
Card Hunter Basic Edition - Premium

Pay $35+
Humble Card Game Bundle Cards 'n' Tee

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Shuffling it up. We're throwing card games in the bundle mix with this decked out bundle that features everything from full games to expansion packs to exclusive bonuses. Pay what you want for Scrolls (Full Version), the dinosaur starter pack for SolForge, Star Realms (Full Version), and Talisman: Digital Edition and Talisman: Prologue (plus the Gambler and Martyr character packs). Pay more than the average price to also receive Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Special Edition (plus Garruk's Revenge expansion), the Dominion Online Seaside Expansion, and two starter packs plus bonus gold for Solforge. Pay $12 or more, and you also receive the Dominion Online Intrigue and Prosperity Expansions, Scrolls Humble Bundle Deluxe Pack, and Card Hunter Basic Edition. Oh, and there's one more thing! If you pay $35 or more, you get all of the above plus the Humble Card Game Bundle Cards 'n' Tee, which includes a physical copy of Star Realms (with an exclusive Humble Bundle bonus card) and a Humble Card Game Bundle t-shirt!

jph139

Hmm, I'd love to play the new Duels of the Planeswalkers, but I hear it's pretty shitty. Not worth $7 at least.

Card Boy

Banned
What makes it shitty?

Some cards are real money exclusive through booster packs
No Two-Headed Giant
No Puzzle mode
Menu navigation is the worst yet

Otherwise it plays like Magic. Not a bad game but a step backwards from 2014. The only real plus is you now have fully customizable decks.

wanders

No Two-Headed Giant
No Puzzle mode

Otherwise it plays like Magic. Not a bad game but a step backwards from 2014. The only real plus is you now have fully customizable decks.

Woah so is there no 2v2 options then? Super poo if true

They've changed that. You now earn Premium (or Battle) booster packs by winning online multiplayer matches. In the beginning it's a rare drop, but once you have unlocked all the other cards you will earn a new pack with every victory.

I bought it from the recent Steam sale at 50% off and it is definitely worth playing despite all the flaws.

DSix

Banned
I'm tempted by planeswalker too (since it's the complete edition), but how are the other games? Any good one in the beat-the-average tier?

Castef

Banned
I'm tempted by planeswalker too (since it's the complete edition), but how are the other games? Any good one in the 7.75$ tier?

Scrolls is quite boring, no need to play it if you can have Hearthstone.

Star Realms is a fine deck-building game, fun to play and well ported to Android smartphones.

Aselith

I'm tempted by planeswalker too (since it's the complete edition), but how are the other games? Any good one in the beat-the-average tier?

The Dominion Online version is pretty good although it kind of is running like ass. I'm assuming they're getting slammed from this as it wasn't as bad the last time I played it.

DeviantBoi

I have Solforge on my iPad and I enjoyed it when I played it a while back.

Will the stuff that I redeem on Steam show up on my iPad. Are the accounts linked?

I've never tried SolForge on a PC, so I'm not sure if it's one shared account.

Alucrid

Banned
No Two-Headed Giant
No Puzzle mode

Wow, puzzle mode was my favorite. That's disappointing.

shaowebb

Pay what you want
Scrolls - Full Version
Sol Forge - Dinosaur Starter
Star Realms - Full Version
Talisman: Digital Edition and Talisman: Prologue +Two Character Packs

Beat the Average
Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Special Edition Garruk's Revenge Expansion
Dominion Online - Seaside Expansion
Sol Forge - Two Starters + Bonus Gold

Pay $12+
Dominion Online - Intrigue + Prosperity Expansion
Scrolls - Humble Bundle Deluxe Pack
Card Hunter Basic Edition - Premium

Pay $35+
Humble Card Game Bundle Cards 'n' Tee

https://www.humblebundle.com/

d3fwnb8.gif

SOLD.

Fireblend

Banned
I just bought Pokemon Trading Card for GBC. Great game.

Which one of these will require me to spend the least money after my initial investment? :p

shandy706

Grabbed this up last night.

I played Card City Nights for a good hour. That 3rd guy in the bar beat my tail all over the place, lol.

wanders

I just bought Pokemon Trading Card for GBC. Great game.

Which one of these will require me to spend the least money after my initial investment? :p

Speaking of older card games I've been playing Phantasy Star Online Episode III. Great mechanics and gameplay.

Any of the deck builders shouldn't require you to spend more money as they are self contained.

I bought Card City Nights at launch. It's a very well thought out TCG, very reminiscent of the Pokemon TCG game for the Gameboy in terms of its single player. I'll probably pick up this bundle later today. Solforge in particular seems interesting enough.

alstein

Scrolls may not be my favorite of the online CG (it's no Faeria), but it's pretty solid.

That alone is worth the $12.

shaowebb

Magic 2015 is terrible and shouldn't be supported, but if you want it, now is the time to support other causes with your purchase.

I know it doesn't have puzzle mode and such from reviews or some of the older edition modes but you can MAKE YOUR OWN DECKS. That alone should be worth the purchase of it in and of itself.

I know it doesn't have puzzle mode and such from reviews or some of the older edition modes but you can MAKE YOUR OWN DECKS. That alone should be worth the purchase of it in and of itself.

The deck building is rather limited if you actually play competitive Magic according to a group of my friends, microtransactions are required to unlock every card and most multiplayer modes were stripped. Alone it's okay at best, but it's a slap in the face if you've played the other games of the franchise regularly.

zulux21

The deck building is rather limited if you actually play competitive Magic according to a group of my friends, microtransactions are required to unlock every card and most multiplayer modes were stripped. Alone it's okay at best, but it's a slap in the face if you've played the other games of the franchise regularly.

as mentioned earlier in the thead this information is rather outdated. with the release of the expansion the premium packs were removed and redone into packs you get by playing online. Not a single cent is needed to be spent to unlock everything the game has to offer besides the money here to get the game (though obviously you will have to play the game to unlock stuff, if you don't want to play to unlock stuff you can pay money to unlock stuff but it's completely optional).

There are still a couple of weird limitations on decks (something like you can only have 4 copies of a given common, 3 copies of a given uncommon, 2 copies of a given rare, and one copy of a given mythic), but if you wanted basically a set of magic cards to build decks out of and play online magic 2015 is great for that.

personally I found scrolls to be the more enjoyable game. While I enjoyed arena play in hearthstone more than scrolls in general (I like drafts) the rest of hearthstone was meh and just a chore to play so I could play more arena thus I quickly stopped playing it. If hearthstone wasn't so stingy with gold (locking 40-100 gold a day behind potentially hours of play as a new player) I might enjoy it more, but as it was a few months ago it was just so tedious as every match was against someone who had tons of legendaries whether I was doing ranked or randoms, while I was still fairly new and barely had more than the starter decks, and while not having legendaries doesn't mean you can't possibly win at all, it sure hurts your odds of winning.

Played Card City Nights last year, and I was kind of surprised by how much I liked it. I can see why the art style might turn some people off, especially if you're not familiar with the other Ludosity games whose characters appear in CCN (I actually haven't played any of their other games either), but the card game underneath is simple to grasp and has a decent amount of strategic depth to it. The soundtrack's pretty ace too. Definitely worth picking up on sale, and for the price of free it's a no-brainer.

As for the other games, I'm curious as to which ones are decent for solo play and aren't chock full of microtransactions. I never really got into Hearthstone and only sort of got into Card Hunter, but I do remember enjoying the physical version of Star Realms when I played it with a friend a while back and wouldn't mind a single-player campaign built around it.

alstein

Star Realms is a fine deck-building game, fun to play and well ported to Android smartphones.

After seeing what they've done recently- they've improved the game in many areas- though I still think a more focused design (and 3 factions instead of 4) would have been better.

Noaloha

I played a ton of Card Hunter when it was released, albeit only through the (then available) campaign mode stuff (was going through a general "screw online game anxieties" phase). I had an absolute blast with it. Great game with lots of charm. I remember it had a very balanced difficulty curve, easing you in and then very naturally upping the challenge, as opposed to any sudden oh-shit-difficulty-spikes, or - worse - never really hitting a challenge. Very tempted to go back and see what's changed now.

Aselith

Star Realms is quite enjoyable but the 3 minute games keep messing up on Android :( It'll just freeze it seems and either the other person is not playing anymore and it's not applying the 3 miutes properly or it's just freezing. Either way it sucks. Haven't had the issue with 48 hour games.
Fun game though hopefully it'll get fixed!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I have 2500h of solforge, it's damn good. Pretty hard to break into, though. Also people play slowly, i usually play while reading gaf \ watching something.

Dominion is balls-to-the-walls insanely good. I've been playing for the last ten hours, and there's no sign of stopping that train.

espher

Super on the fence with this.

My FLGS' wholesaler has had Star Realms not listed as released for, like, two months now, and it's driving me batty. I'm almost tempted to $35 tier it for that, even though I don't have much interest in the rest of the games (I burned out on physical Dominion).

espher

Yep. I'm in Canada, though.

It's like CAD$25 (+tax!) through Amazon via the cheapest retailer, my normal online retailer has it for CAD$13 but is out of stock and charges CAD$8 flat rate shipping (so I would never order through him for just one game), and as mentioned my FLGS still has no sign of it. That's why I'm still on the fence about the $35 because I would never do it JUST for a physical copy of Star Realms and I don't know if I want the other games. ;)

Bri

Is MtG 2k15 really that bad? Im kind of interested to get into Magic so I thought this would be a good starter. But no?

Hopefully they'll add MtG 2014 later on.

Is MtG 2k15 really that bad? Im kind of interested to get into Magic so I thought this would be a good starter. But no?
No, it's not bad at all. Like all the other games in the series, it is limited in features so it doesn't cannibalize too much on Magic Online (where they charge full price for every booster pack). This year it is missing puzzles and some of the multiplayer modes. On the plus side you now have full control of deck building, although with a very limited selection of cards.

Card Boy

Banned
Bundle got updated.

$1 tier

BloodRealm: Battlegrounds Debut Champion "Lora", 3 Elite Packs

BTA

BloodRealm: Battlegrounds "Gaul" Campaign
Scrolls Exclusive Avatar Heads Scrolls Exclusive Avatar Heads
War of Omens — Humble Super Starter War of Omens Humble Super Starter

100788-Kevin-Sorbo-DISAPPOINTED-gif-H-bCJe.gif

Top Bottom