• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble PC and Android Bundle 10

bigkrev

After 2 weeks of terrible daily deals, we are back to regular, 2 week long bundles on Humble.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

All games are available on PC(Steam if you pay at least $1) and Android

Pay what you want (DRM free, pay at least $1 for Steam Keys)
-Symphony
-Draw a Stickman: EPIC
-Galcon Legends plus Galcon Fusions

BTA to get
-Metal Slug 3
-Skulls of the Shogun
-Fieldrunners 2
-Breach and Clear
-Fieldrunners
-Frozen Synapsis
-Ittle Dew

hey, it's not completely baffling and awful!!!

A bunch of these games are genuinely great (albeit simple); folks on the fence should consider watching some videos and throwing some money the devs' way.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Slug 3 is one of the very best videogames ever made. It's well worth the cost of this bundle.

gngf123

Oh damn it's Metal Slug!

I've heard a few things about a few of the games in this bundle, might be one I'll buy this time.

Damaniel

Banned
I'm in - didn't own any of these on Steam or Android and really wanted Fieldrunners 2. Plus more games coming later for those who BTA.

(And yeah, those last couple weeks of daily Humble Bundle deals were pretty awful. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak, but I don't think I gave even a single one of them a second glance.)

At least two of the BTA games are repeats. This may be the first Humble Android bundle I don't beat the average. I'll wait to see what week 2 games are add before I buy.

bigkrev

At least two of the BTA games are repeats. This may be the first Humble Android bundle I don't beat the average. I'll wait to see what week 2 games are add before I buy.

Metal Slug 3 was part of a Mobile Bundle, but that was Android only- you are getting a PC Steam Key as well this time

Is it petty that I did an even 50/50 split between charity and developers and put nothing towards the humble tip? I don't actually care because the last two weeks were embarrassing.

Ceebs

In for Skulls of the Shogun. I had sort of forgotten about that game. I kinda feel bad for those guys at this point though. The Windows 8 Exclusive killed the hype around it.

How does Metal Slug play on a mobile? Virtual buttons?

I should probably ask this for all the games: which games are just dumb console/pc ports with virtual buttons? I don't want any of that stuff but I'll take any games that are made for a phone or tablet.

finley83

Banned
DRM free Metal Slog 3 is definitely worth the asking price. Also Skulls of the Shogun seemed really charming when I played it on iPad.

gngf123

Just thought it was worth noting: If you are interested in DRM Free Metal Slug, you will need to wait for a few days. They haven't uploaded it yet.

How does Metal Slug play on a mobile? Virtual buttons?

I should probably ask this for all the games: which games are just dumb console/pc ports with virtual buttons? I don't want any of that stuff but I'll take any games that are made for a phone or tablet.

Virtual buttons, its not worth it on Android (did not play it on PC so can't tell) IMO (got it in the mobile bundle)

bigkrev

Does fieldrunners have microtransactions?

Don't quote me on this, but IIRC, Humble makes teams remove Microtransactions- I know Kingdom Rush, when part of Humble, had them stripped out and made achievable in-game

EDIT: Actually, the games, being .apk files, aren't connected to any store, so microtransactions aren't possible in them

First time in a long time I'm torn on a Humble Bundle. Recently I've been able to ignore them comfortably, but I really do love Metal Slug. I'll probably grab it, but don't know if I want to wait and risk it becoming more expensive later.

Elixist

yay there back to normal, some good stuff in there too, but i've played most of the ones that i would care about. I'll prob still grab this on the principle of this being a great deal.

I hope this taught the humble bundle people something.... Never try anything new because people will hate you for it. Change is scary and different.

I'm being sarcastic, those deals each day were terrible.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is it petty that I did an even 50/50 split between charity and developers and put nothing towards the humble tip? I don't actually care because the last two weeks were embarrassing.
Yeah pretty petty, since it sounds like you think they owe you something.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
The mid tier was Worms Armageddon... [...] it wasn't very good either.
I'm sure all the hardcore Worms fans share your opinion that Armageddon was far from being the best of the series!

post-31776-Liar-Liar-laughing-gif-Jim-Car-4PHD.gif

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Is anyone else having problems with Metal Slug controls?

The "A" button is huge on screen but I can really only tap on the far right side of it to shoot and many times I miss its precise area.

I'd consider getting an android controller to play this.

Really good bundle, especially for those who missed the Mobile Bundle that included Metal Slug 3 (And if you did get that one, then it's also nice to finally have the Steam version too).

gblues

Banned

I did the same as a (perhaps vain) message that the two weeks of shit was a bad idea and they should feel bad. (OK, it wasn't all shit, but the only things that weren't shit were the retreads like Deep Silver--which I bought)

So, no. Not petty.

Just a heads up to those who don't know it Fieldrunners 2 has micro-transactions. Wanted to point this out since the first game did not.

Mmmmmhhh.....Skulls keeps crashing for me during the opening movie. Anybody else with that problem?

It does the same thing for me. I have a Samsung S4 active, which is no slouch hardware wise. I am guessing there will be an update to sort this issue.

Just tried running it on my tablet (Tegra 3, 1GB RAM). Skulls runs fine on it, kinda surprising since hardware wise the tablet is weaker than my S4 active phone.

Top Bottom