• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite only being early May, it's that time again!

The 2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season officially begins on June 1st and runs until November 30th. Projections so far this year range from below to near-normal, but the more recent projections forecast a pretty mild season.

Stolen from Wikipedia:
On April 9, CSU also released their first quantitative forecast for the 2015 hurricane season, predicting 7 named storms, 3 hurricanes, 1 major hurricane, and a cumulative ACE index of 40 units. The combination of cooler than average waters in the tropical and subtropical Atlantic, as well as a developing El Niño predicted to reach at least moderate intensity, were expected to favor one of the least active seasons since the mid-1990s. The probabilities of a major hurricane striking various coastal areas across the Atlantic were lower than average, although CSU stressed that it only takes one landfalling hurricane to make it an active season for residents involved. On April 13, North Carolina State University released their forecast, predicting a near record-low season with just four to six named storms, one to three hurricanes, and one major hurricane.

NOAA's projection should be released any day.

This years reserved names:
Ana (unused)
Bill (unused)
Claudette (unused)
Danny (unused)
Erika (unused)
Fred (unused)
Grace (unused)
Henri (unused)
Ida (unused)
Joaquin (unused)
Kate (unused)
Larry (unused)
Mindy (unused)
Nicholas (unused)
Odette (unused)
Peter (unused)
Rose (unused)
Sam (unused)
Teresa (unused)
Victor (unused)
Wanda (unused)

Say hello to Invest 90L.
FK3NmgM.jpg

Apt101

I am just glad that we relocated the data center I work at from a flood zone to a downtown, non-flooding area. I won't have to head in and man the forts all day in case "shit goes down" this year.

But anyways, I grew up in Ocean View and Virginia Beach in Virginia, so it takes the most absolutely horrendous, record-setting storms to even make us wake up early around here. We surf in anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom