• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter console and Vita release progress update

MauroNL

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/1612004
Platform Progress

PS4 + Xbox One - We are incredibly close to wrapping up our QA/pre-cert process with the fine folks at The Research Centaur. We also are very near getting our age ratings in Europe and other territories - a process that takes plenty of time and money and hoops to jump through depending on the ratings body. This means we can submit for certification on both platforms incredibly soon!

It took several weeks longer to get things running smooth on these systems since GameMaker can be a bit funky and we are pushing this engine beyond it's limitations in many ways. Thanks to the folks at YoYo Games for sticking with us on the whole process and fixing each new bug that cropped up.

Our window is still summer time - more likely in the later part - depending on how quickly we can get through the final approval process and red tape on each system. We are so close! While I'd love to give an exact date, we want to make sure we pass through cert before we lock that down. There will be more details next month with an actual release date announcement instead of just a window.

Vita - A more difficult platform, due to it's limited processing power and memory. Much optimization must be done in order for our game to run smoothly for the entirety of the experience. Luckily, we have external support taking charge on this port so we aren't ripping our own hair out. We're getting closer, but again, this is a Fall release at the earliest considering the amount of effort being poured in on this port.

Wii U - We are finalizing last details on this port by next month, and will have more info then.
Not long anymore!

psyfi

Banned
Rad, one of my favorite games of the year. The combat, exploration, music, art... Everything about it is great. Definitely check it out.

Wait, is it actually coming out on Wii U?

If it does I'll happily buy if only to complete my ownership of all the guest Characters in Runbow. Except Unity-Chan since she's a mascot.

Ridley327

Wait, is it actually coming out on Wii U?

If it does I'll happily buy if only to complete my ownership of all the guest Characters in Runbow. Except Unity-Chan since she's a mascot.

I'm assuming the Wii U details are related to finding a third-party studio doing the work, since I know they came out about some contractual issues with the engine that they used for the game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I have been waiting for this to come to the consoles and Vita, seems like a perfect game for my Vita.

I bought on PC but only have my laptop, and I think my laptop's response time when it comes to gaming isn't great. I know a lot of people did echo a complaint about the game being a bit more sluggish than expected, but I have a hunch my laptop added to that in a pretty significant way. Hoping to play on PS4 soon, though I am planning a gaming build in September.

That said, even after playing it, I can see why reviews are kind if split. There's still plenty for me to like despite what I perceive as problems, but I generally kind of fall where Super Bunny Hop did on his review.

singhr1

I bought on PC but only have my laptop, and I think my laptop's response time when it comes to gaming isn't great. I know a lot of people did echo a complaint about the game being a bit more sluggish than expected, but I have a hunch my laptop added to that in a pretty significant way. Hoping to play on PS4 soon, though I am planning a gaming build in September.

That said, even after playing it, I can see why reviews are kind if split. There's still plenty for me to like despite what I perceive as problems, but I generally kind of fall where Super Bunny Hop did on his review.

I didn't think the gameplay is sluggish at all so maybe it is just your laptop.

One of the KS I am most excited about. I think I got like 3 copies with the tier I did (PC, PS4 and Vita). Have not played yet as I have been holding out for console.

While Vita is not cross buy, I do hope DLC is.

Vire

Game is freaking great, but it's a shame the release date was so split.

I already did everything on my Mac and I don't really think I'll buy it again. Cool game though.

maouvin

Hopefully those responsible for the Vita port have the same (or close to) dedication that the CSH people had to make their port run great.

Servbot24

Banned
Game is freaking great, but it's a shame the release date was so split.

I already did everything on my Mac and I don't really think I'll buy it again. Cool game though.

Yeah same here. Would have preferred it on Vita but couldn't wait.

Gitaroo

I don't understand why the game is so tasking even on PC. Sure it got some decent physics, I have seen far better looking game on Vita.

Strike

Glad to hear that the Vita port is still actively being worked on. Looking forward to picking it up when it releases.

mnemonicj

Apparenty a release date is set for the PS4? I read this on reddit, but the PSN link they posted isn't working for me...

epmode

So what is the consensus on this game?

I really loved it. I played close to launch though, and I was a little worried about the changes they made due to complaints about difficulty. Haven't played it since.

(The difficulty was way overstated. Respawn points were always close by. Even in a worst case, you'd only lose a few minutes)

mileS

If there's anyone on the fence about this one, youtube the intro. I would also highly recommend people watch that vice video posted by Slixshot. What a game this is. Please check it out and support it if you'd rather play it on console.

JeTmAn81

Vita - A more difficult platform, due to it's limited processing power and memory. Much optimization must be done in order for our game to run smoothly for the entirety of the experience. Luckily, we have external support taking charge on this port so we aren't ripping our own hair out. We're getting closer, but again, this is a Fall release at the earliest considering the amount of effort being poured in on this port.

Maybe these guys should check in with Lab Zero for tips on the Vita port, they apparently had quite a time getting Skullgirls to run well.

This game is so good. Excited to play it on both the PS4 and the vita. got busy with work so
I never finished it on PC so I guess I'll have a chance to start fresh and finish it

thenexus6

Still need to play this, been waiting for PS4 version. I bought the soundtrack the day it was released and love the music.

Top Bottom