• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia U (Vita) Limited Edition Announced

Shizuka

From the latest Iffy's News Flash:

Are U ready? Announcing the Hyperdimension Neptunia™ U: Action Unleashed Limited Edition, which is dakimak-ing me crazy!

55S7g6J.jpg

It will be available for preorder May 1st
NA/Int'l - 6pm PDT
(iffysonlinestore.com/neptunia-u-limited-edition)
Europe - 12pm GMT - Link available May 1st!
Without further ado...

F8J7Sur.jpg

jTV4Hhx.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia U Soundtrack
Take every day to 11 with this action-packed Hyperdimension Neptunia U soundtrack! Now getting a cup of coffee can have the intensity of CPUs in battle!

IjhvW16.jpg

Collector's Box
Unleash the contents of this limited edition, or keep it all packed in this sturdy telescope box!

86a7Rkd.jpg

Purple Heart Body Pillow Case*
Whether it's crunch time, solo game time, or movie night with friends, this super slick Purple Heart Body Pillow Case will keep you feeling extra comfy! With over 4 ft. of Purple Heart, this gorgeous pillow case snuggles firmly against your body pillow... and you! Not in the mood to snuggle? Not a problem! This also makes some great wall art, showcasing Purple Heart's strength and glory to the max!
Size: approx. 4' 7" (h) x 1' 7" (w)
*Body pillow not included

What?! A body pillow case?! Count me in! You'll be able to snuggle up to Purple Heart when the game releases in North America on May 19th and in Europe on May 22nd/May 27th (digital)! Make sure you preorder May 1st because there's no telling how long this will last!

Because of course they're doing a daki cover for the LE. The real question is why there weren't daki covers for the last two Neptunia LEs they released.

But seriously though- people who imported, how good is this one? The other two spinoffs (PP and Noire) were pretty clearly in "good if you're a Nep fan, don't bother otherwise" territory to me. Is this at about the same level?

Ventara

Well, the body pillowcase will be a first for me, though I can't say I'm too thrilled about the LE. $18 extra for a soundtrack (which is nice) and a pillowcase? Would've preferred an artbook or something. And I've always found it weird how they include the box when detailing the LE. Almost feels like they're trying to pad out the LE. Anyways, I'm a collector whore and want the game, so I will pick up a copy.

Fencedude

Because of course they're doing a daki cover for the LE. The real question is why there weren't daki covers for the last two Neptunia LEs they released.

But seriously though- people who imported, how good is this one? The other two spinoffs (PP and Noire) were pretty clearly in "good if you're a Nep fan, don't bother otherwise" territory to me. Is this at about the same level?

Its basically Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, only with Neptunia characters.

SerTapTap

Well, the body pillowcase will be a first for me, though I can't say I'm too thrilled about the LE. $18 extra for a soundtrack (which is nice) and a pillowcase? Would've preferred an artbook or something. And I've always found it weird how they include the box when detailing the LE. Almost feels like they're trying to pad out the LE. Anyways, I'm a collector whore and want the game, so I will pick up a copy.

A nice box for the CE is a selling point IMO, I display all my fancy boxes. And the Japanese LE was worse, Drama CD and cleaning cloth. I'll take about anything over a cleaning cloth. Hopefully there's new music on the OST CD thing though. Surprised it's a full bodypillow case, when I heard pillow I thought it'd be a small thing. Odd inclusion but I'll take it over pins, clean cloths or a curry plate. I wish we could get an artbook + music CD as a standard for these things though, then throw in one "wacky" inclusion to keep up the trend I guess.

this comes with a game right

Yes the game is listed, it's not a $55 pillow case

Ventara

A nice box for the CE is a selling point IMO, I display all my fancy boxes. And the Japanese LE was worse, Drama CD and cleaning cloth. I'll take about anything over a cleaning cloth. Hopefully there's new music on the OST CD thing though. Surprised it's a full bodypillow case, when I heard pillow I thought it'd be a small thing. Odd inclusion but I'll take it over pins, clean cloths or a curry plate. I wish we could get an artbook + music CD as a standard for these things though, then throw in one "wacky" inclusion to keep up the trend I guess.

I agree that the box is nice, but it feels more like a standard rather than a bonus, like the slipcover you get with a regular game.

But yeah, a soundtrack CD + artbook + little bonus item is what I consider an great standard LE.

Dakimakura waifus are just as real as any other girl!

#truelove

Jawmuncher

The case or the pillow? Case depends of course, but the pillows are nice backing for a couch. ...I wouldn't use this case for that purpose, but.

It was a already filled one. I already have a back pillow so my use for it turned into shoving it in my storage to never be seen again.

Nattan

Dakimakura's picture is little meh. Not that I would use it with my bodypillow, but I like to use additional ones as decorative items. Might bite, because it's not that expensive.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was 100% sold on this game until I read some impressions/reviews of the Japanese version and they were all pretty unanimous in regards to the game having absolutely zero difficulty or challenge whatsoever. Pretty much killed my interest in it, which is a shame, as I was really looking forward to it beforehand.

chrono01

Not a bad price for what you're getting, considering dakimakura are relatively expensive. But then, there's no telling the quality of this one either.

Will probably try to get, 'cause...why not?

I am a sucker for this.

Designs need to step up to the next level:
yNdDi8C.png

Funny that you mentioned that dakimakura, because the centaur girl dakimakura is up for a reprint.

LzLHSwF.jpg

Not a bad price for what you're getting, considering dakimakura are relatively expensive. But then, there's no telling the quality of this one either.

Will probably try to get, 'cause...why not?

You mean fabric quality or image quality? I think I got a single-sided dakimakura for Agarest Zero when that came out.

This is likely to be single-sided as well. As for the fabric, it'll be a toss up between polyester twill, smooth knit, or some variant of 2way tricot. I doubt they would use 2way tricot but polyester or smooth knit are more likely due to costs.

chrono01

You mean fabric quality or image quality? I think I got a single-sided dakimakura for Agarest Zero when that came out.
Both, actually. I'm guessing both the fabric used as well as the image quality will take a hit and it definitely won't be dual-sided.

Still, not a bad extra, especially considering it's only a few dollars more.

Novocaine

I haven't played a Hyperdimension Neptunia game yet but I might grab this one and see if I have any interest in the series. Will probably just get the regular version though, I don't own a body pillow.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I haven't played a Hyperdimension Neptunia game yet but I might grab this one and see if I have any interest in the series. Will probably just get the regular version though, I don't own a body pillow.
Ehhhhhhhhh this might not be the best choice to see if you like the series.

Ken

I hope one day they'll get a new artist for these games as I don't think I'll ever get into the series they way it is now.

Hire hidari

Tapejara

This might be the first Neptunia LE I skip. Body pillow case is just silly; kind of disappointed in IFI for reinforcing that stereotype.

I'm a big fan of this series and I'm going to buy a PS4 for Victory II but for some reason I have no interest in this game at all.

Isn't this some sort of fighting game?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How come?

I figured a mousou game would be an easy way into the series. Then if the setting interested me I'd go deeper with the proper games.
Eh, more than anything, I think the characters are what sell Neptunia and think proper introductions will give the best indicator of liking the series.

I think it's more like Senran Kagura games though.

Both, actually. I'm guessing both the fabric used as well as the image quality will take a hit and it definitely won't be dual-sided.

Still, not a bad extra, especially considering it's only a few dollars more.

Going by their dakimakura for Agarest Zero that came with the game, it is pretty good. Doesn't beat the versions that were sold exclusively on their partner sites but that's the tradeoff for price vs cost.

I can tell that you don't read Monster Musume.

Ventara

Wait, is the soundtrack just a sampler? Anyone know how many tracks? If it's just a few, I may have to pass. Doing some quick math, this would cost me around $90 CDN, which is more than I'm willing to pay for a sampler CD and a pillowcase.

Funny that you mentioned that dakimakura, because the centaur girl dakimakura is up for a reprint.

Well, this thread is getting weirder.
Kinky

Top Bottom