• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends free (Medli) and first paid DLC (Wind Waker) dated (May 19)

TheMoon

Note: for now, this is Japan-only but should be the same day for NA and PAL, too. Just has to be announced still.

edit: and here we go, NOE confirms May 19, too.

@NintendoEurope 12s13 seconds ago
The Master Wind Waker Pack becomes available to purchase in #HyruleWarriors: Legends for #3DS on 19/05

As you (probably) already know, the Master Wind Waker Pack is only for the Nintendo 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors. Here’s what you need to know about it:

Contents: 16 new My Fairy costume pieces, the “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode (with one new adventure battle scenario), 16 new costumes
Release date: Late Spring (Europe, North America) / May 19th (Japan)
Price: £1.79 / €1.99 / 370 Yen + taxes / US$0.99 / CDN$1.39 [NB: it’s part of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS + Wii U Season Passes]

Medli will also be added for free to all players, in Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Trailer and some screens at the source link: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/h...ind-waker-pack-coming-may-19th-japan-trailer/

13iwktb.jpg

Also comes with a new update!

On May 19th, a new update for Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends will be released:
Hyrule Warriors (Ver. 1.9.0)

adds Medli as playable character (free)

Hyrule Warriors Legends (Ver. 1.3.0)

adds Medli as playable character (free)
adds news medals
adjusts the drop rate of rare materials when using a special potion increasing their drop rate
other bug fixes

NB: The update is required for the Master Wind Waker Pack.

We will update this post as soon as we get the release date of the pack for Europe and North America (it should be May 19th, just like Japan).

TheMoon

I wish more of the new content, besides just the characters were also added to the Wii U version of the game :(

HWL has different/new mechanics. Can't just throw the content into the Wii U game when it's balanced for having the ability to switch characters on the fly, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nice, although this means I have to beat Adventure Mode's first map, which I'm struggling with at this point :/

Neoxon

HWL has different/new mechanics. Can't just throw the content into the Wii U game when it's balanced for having the ability to switch characters on the fly, etc.
Which I wish was in the Wii U version via the GamePad (pull a Pikmin 3 for Pro Controller users).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Which I wish was in the Wii U version via the GamePad (pull a Pikmin 3 for Pro Controller users).

Maybe an even more enhanced version for NX?
Includes all the added stuff in the 3DS version plus some possible new stuff (playable Groose?)

mclem

Maybe an even more enhanced version for NX?
Includes all the added stuff in the 3DS version plus some possible new stuff (playable Groose?)

I think NX would probably get a formal sequel; it'd be about the right amount of time after the first, and it lends itself to the usual Warriors iterative-sequel approach. Plus it's the sort of thing I can imagine being ready for launch, and given the first games' reasonable success it makes a lot of sense - to me, at least - as part of the launch lineup.

Phoenixus

I think NX would probably get a formal sequel; it'd be about the right amount of time after the first, and it lends itself to the usual Warriors iterative-sequel approach. Plus it's the sort of thing I can imagine being ready for launch, and given the first games' reasonable success it makes a lot of sense - to me, at least - as part of the launch lineup.

Dunno, can't see Nintendo launching a console with two Zelda-based games, they'd definitely hold one back for later. Would love to see an expanded edition/sequel though!

georly

I've only put in about 35 hours into this so far and I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of content. This game will be my go-to comfort food game on 3DS for a long time, I think.

Yeah, NX will probably get a sequel for launch.

Maybe? It'll definitely get a sequel, but it'd be a nice change of pace to use another nintendo IP. HW2 would likely be the last NX game i'd get/play simply because this basically *JUST* came out and has more content than I'd be able to finish in a year.

Smarter move would be year 1 of NX to have an FE musou or something, with HW year 2 or 3. Especially so they can incorporate Zelda U in there. Would suck to have Zelda U spoilers/etc in HW same day Zelda U comes out.

Piers

Patch.
(i.e. 3DS Adventure Map.)

Maybe they can't do it for already released adventure maps, but there's no reason to not implement it into new ones. It's a feature that's tied to specific missions.

TheMoon

[Japanese release time frame]

Link's Awakening DLC in July. Phantom Hourglass + Spirit Tracks DLC in September. ALBW DLC in November.

All known before.

Patch.
(i.e. 3DS Adventure Map.)

Maybe they can't do it for already released adventure maps, but there's no reason to not implement it into new ones. It's a feature that's tied to specific missions.

Requires additional resources spent on Wii U version, second Season Pass. Just not a realistic idea. HWL is the current thing they're selling, OG HW is over 18months old. It's just not a realistic thing to expect for a non-service-like singleplayer game.

edit:
NOE confirms May 19 as well

Going by the trailer, the DLC seems to be handled much better than before, despite Medli being available seperately from the DLC.

Her weapon is integrated into the new maps, so there's an incentive to actually use her.

Kinsei

Banned
Going by the trailer, the DLC seems to be handled much better than before, despite Medli being available seperately from the DLC.

Her weapon is integrated into the new maps, so there's an incentive to actually use her.

Just like the the OC trio in the original games. They were released in a free update alongside the first DLC so their weapons and heart containers were included in the DLC. I wouldn't hold my breath that it will be this way for the paid characters.

Camjo-Z

Sweet, just got around to buying the season pass a few days ago. Haven't even beaten the first Wind Waker map yet though...

Just like the the OC trio in the original games. They were released in a free update alongside the first DLC so their weapons and heart containers were included in the DLC. I wouldn't hold my breath that it will be this way for the paid characters.

To be fair, that's because everything was piece mealed in japan, versus everything being bundled in other territories.

That doesn't seem to be the case with the dlc plans right now.

Edit: and it's great they're fixing the materials potion. Right now it's Red/Blue Focus Energy levels of broken

To be fair, that's because everything was piece mealed in japan, versus everything being bundled in other territories.

That doesn't seem to be the case with the dlc plans right now.

Edit: and it's great they're fixing the materials potion. Right now it's Red/Blue Focus Energy levels of broken

Is that a good or bad kind of broken? I'd like to know so I can put off the update to grind a bit if it'll save me time. I went through all of this in WiiU already.

Ooh, not increasing the level max?

That was what I noticed first too. Now, it's possible they're just holding it off for the second pack, but i would be so much happier if they balance this game dlc for everyone being level 99 at max rather than the ridiculous level caps of the Wii U game.

Nice, although this means I have to beat Adventure Mode's first map, which I'm struggling with at this point :/

The first map has several stages that are pretty hard.

I'd recommend your goal being try and get to the final boss stage of the map, (A6, i.e., top row, 6th from the left) as efficiently as possible. Clearing that stage unlocks the second map. Use link and the characters you found level 2 weapons for in Legends mode as much as possible.

When you unlock the second map (Great sea), you can get level 2 weapons for everyone else there, which will then make the stages on the first map significantly easier for those characters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The first map has several stages that are pretty hard.

I'd recommend your goal being try and get to the final boss stage of the map, (A6, i.e., top row, 6th from the left) as efficiently as possible. Clearing that stage unlocks the second map. Use link and the characters you found level 2 weapons for in Adventure mode as much as possible.

When you unlock the second map (Great sea), you can get level 2 weapons for everyone else there, which will then make the stages on the first map significantly easier for those characters.

Thanks for the tips. That should help a ton. I had no idea beating A6 would instantly unlock the second map.

Thanks for the tips. That should help a ton. I had no idea beating A6 would instantly unlock the second map.

You're welcome.
I obviously meant to say the level 2 weapons you found in Legends mode, not adventure, silly typo there.
I think you can get level 2 weapon(s) for Impa, King Daphnes, Lana, Link, Linkle, Shiek and Tetra during the Legends mode stages by capturing certain keeps in some stages. Hopefully at least a few of those characters are to your liking! The master sword is also likely significantly better than everything else you have access to, and Link is probably a higher level than everyone else too (And Tetra/King start out pretty high anyway!).

NeonZ

Is that kimono dress Lana wearing in the trailer in the WiiU version?

Kimono dress? All new costumes shown in the trailer are just pallet/texture swaps. Although, no, they aren't in the Wii U version. Lana's new costume is basically Aryll colors.

nakedeyes

Banned
Getting amped for this. I have been playing so much of this game! Does anyone know how Medli is unlocked? Does she get legend mode stage(s)? or maybe she is on an adventure map.. Still haven't cleared the first adventure mode map.. ( shits hard! )

Simbabbad

That was what I noticed first too. Now, it's possible they're just holding it off for the second pack, but i would be so much happier if they balance this game dlc for everyone being level 99 at max rather than the ridiculous level caps of the Wii U game.
It kind of broke the Wii U game for me.

It kind of broke the Wii U game for me.

Thank the lords that the rupee glitch existed in the Wii U. Even then, it took so many hours of repetitive nonsense rather than actually playing the game. It was so artificial was the real problem, the game didn't get any harder really, you just got punished worse for mistakes and couldn't really deal much damage to bosses/captains because reasons.

Maybe if they make small increases, like 10-20 levels per pack, instead of 50, if they really want a increase in level difficultly, it might be ok. I hope not though.

Simbabbad

Thank the lords that the rupee glitch existed in the Wii U.
Never could get it to work, and I didn't want to cycle again and again in the most level rewarding mission just so the damage sponge bosses in other missions could finally be reasonably beaten. It totally unbalanced the game in both ways too, since the low levels mission stopped having any challenge.

Shame because I really loved that game, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't sell it. I guess they'll eventually release a sequel anyway.

Rafavert

So, now that Medli is out, what's the opinion on her?

I'm liking her. Pretty cool wind character (better than Zelda's Baton, imo), though I'm not really getting combo XXXXY. She whips up the tornado and then falls... kinda feels like there's something missing.
She seems good at mobbing, but her strong attack (namely the longer flight part) along with her XY combo makes her good against a single target.

Also, ler level 3 weapon is gorgeous.

Medli is super fun but I feel like I've already sunk a hundred hours bare minimum into the 3DS version alone despite having a full time job nowadays... And I still have every adventure map post the first /original WW map left to start, let alone finish. How many more adventure maps are lined up in the season pass?

Medli is super fun but I feel like I've already sunk a hundred hours bare minimum into the 3DS version alone despite having a full time job nowadays... And I still have every adventure map post the first /original WW map left to start, let alone finish. How many more adventure maps are lined up in the season pass?

3 more adventure maps. One with each DLC, so one each in the theme of Links Awakening, Spirit tracks/Phantom Hourglass and Link Between Worlds.

Tried out Medli on Wii U version (I don't have Legends characters yet)... it's really boring to play as her. Probably the least mechanically interesting character in the current roster, and I have already bought badges for plenty of advanced combos.

Ryce

Tried out Medli on Wii U version (I don't have Legends characters yet)... it's really boring to play as her. Probably the least mechanically interesting character in the current roster, and I have already bought badges for plenty of advanced combos.
I think she's pretty fun, and her air combos make her really unique. She's just as interesting as Toon Link, Tetra, and King Daphnes, anyway.

Simbabbad

Replayed a bit the Wii U game, and man, I didn't remember it was this fun. I can't wait for Fire Emblem Warriors on NX.

jmizzal

Will the DLC pack for WiiU thats included in the 3DS version go on sale? or do I have to search to find a why to buy it from someone?

TheMoon

Will the DLC pack for WiiU thats included in the 3DS version go on sale? or do I have to search to find a why to buy it from someone?

Full DLC overview is in the OT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200276

The Legends Character Pack (not part of the Season Pass) [Wii U]

Contents: Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes, Ganondorf’s trident weapon
Release date: Summer (Europe, North America) / July (Japan)
Price: £10.79 / €11.99 / 1 852 Yen + taxes / US$12.99 / CDN$18.39

Top Bottom