• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

Shockhog

Neo Member
So much TP love in this game so far, hope we get to see how the other games are being thrown into the mix sooner or later.

Isotope

gal_73.jpg

<3

Why is this game so skewed towards Twilight Princess? It's one of the worst Zelda games. There better be some Koholint Island shit up in there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what non-Twilight Princess elements are in this game? I know there's Impa, and there's also the moon from Majora's Mask... However, besides that, it seems very clear that this game is based on Twilight Princess.

It'll be interesting to see some Wind Waker characters in the game, if only to see what certain characters will look like in this art style (or, if they're feeling bold, to see cel-shaded characters randomly mixed in, lol).

They've shown OoT Stalchildren and Skyward Sword moblins mixed in with TP ones IIRC.

But yeah it's been heavy on Twilight so far, especially stages.

DooD1234

Has there been any new announced guy character? At this rate they should rename it Harem Warriors
not that I have any complaints about that lol

Kyzon

So there's one more character to be revealed it seems. At least from this TP block.

I'm voting for Telma, Ilia, Ashei, Hena or Iza

DJ_Lae

Looks good. Great, even.

The more I see the better I feel about my impulsive preorder (which I never would have done with anything even remotely resembling Dynasty Warriors).

So what non-Twilight Princess elements are in this game? I know there's Impa, and there's also the moon from Majora's Mask... However, besides that, it seems very clear that this game is based on Twilight Princess.

It'll be interesting to see some Wind Waker characters in the game, if only to see what certain characters will look like in this art style (or, if they're feeling bold, to see cel-shaded characters randomly mixed in, lol).

they might have a section for each Zelda title they are focusing on TP right now but would not be shocked to see SS, OoT, MM, WW.

Vibed

it looks like Lana is based on Nayru besides the shield ability it looks like the name comes from Lanayru the region/spirit in TP and SS that is based on Nayru. Her shields even have the Nayru's love symbol on them.

gal_70.jpg

Pretty sure those are just diamonds like the cover of her spellbook.

Although I'd like it to happen, I'm casting doubts Lana is related to Nayru. She fights with some blue lightning spells, which is similar to the Thunder dragon, but typically blue evokes water for Nayru.

Reposting from the other thread:

From the scans;
-Lana has some sort of connection with Cia.
-Lana rescues Agitha from attack.
-As thanks, Agitha gives her a butterfly to guide the way, and joins her in the fight against Cia.
-The butterfly is stolen by Midna (it seems she will initially, or at least in part, appear as an enemy character)
-Two of the costumes from the Premium/Treasure Box have been revealed. One is Link from TP, the other is Zelda from TP. Remember, these will be sold as DLC later.

For the costumes, there's a Courage Set, Wisdom Set, and Power Set with three costumes each, so presumably there are more versions of Link/Zelda/Ganon(???) to come.

Sweet baybee hay-zoos, this game looks glorious. Makes me glad I decided to bite the bullet and get a Wii U after Nintendo's E3 presser. :D

Neiteio

You can tell who watched Treehouse Live at E3 by their reaction to the moon drop and Argorok.

For the costumes, there's a Courage Set, Wisdom Set, and Power Set with three costumes each, so presumably there are more versions of Link/Zelda/Ganon(???) to come.
Sounds good. For Ganondorf, let's have his OoT look, his TWW look and his TP look.

Gartooth

Agitha is a resounding "meh" for me. I already don't like Lana... but aside from Wizro I think the same of all the new characters in this game.

Seeing screenshots for Zant got me excited, and I hope the moon showing up means playable Skull Kid / Majora and masks Link.

wrowa

I hope they show stuff on a game by game basis, so that some other Zelda game will get some love next. Because right now I feel a little disappointed that this seemingly turns out to be Twilight Princess Warriors first and foremost. :(

Looks good. Great, even.

The more I see the better I feel about my impulsive preorder (which I never would have done with anything even remotely resembling Dynasty Warriors).

ALL of this. I can't explain in words how much I don't dig the Dynasty Warriors games, but I find it odd
(-ly awesome)
that they're just skinning it to fit the LoZ series and I'm all over it.

Weird. I'm not complaining, mind you, but.. Weird.

Neiteio

ALL of this. I can't explain in words how much I don't dig the Dynasty Warriors games, but I find it odd
(-ly awesome)
that they're just skinning it to fit the LoZ series and I'm all over it.

Weird. I'm not complaining, mind you, but.. Weird.
Well, they're not just reskinning it. I mean you got subweapons like the bombs and hookshot that have some utility outside of combat, I.E. clearing rockslides, reaching high places, etc. You've got Z-targeting for 1v1, which I hear is new to the series. I'm no expert on Warriors, though. I just like what I hear from those more familiar with the series.

DVCY201

Lana is best Waifu! <3

These shots are delicious. I can't believe I'm this excited for a Musou game, SEPTEMBER!

EDIT: Lana is totes Hatsune Miku

Sacul64GC

Banned
You can tell who watched Treehouse Live at E3 by their reaction to the moon drop and Argorok.

Sounds good. For Ganondorf, let's have his OoT look, his TWW look and his TP look.

Wonder if they will give Zelda a WW costume and if it will be Adult Terra.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Maybe you should ask a mod to put a date in the title cause Im pretty sure we had a title almost 1:1 to this.

Top Bottom