• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

OraleeWey

Anyone know the source or YouTube video where someone talks about deer or some type of animal living in an island with no predators. They deer had the island to themselves and reproduced rapidly. The deer eventually ate all the food (grass I think) and as a result they all died.

woopWOOP

It's great there's a thread like this because I've been really wondering about the names of a certain movie, cartoon and song that I only have really vague memories about. Who knows, someone here might know what the hell I'm rambling about:

First off the movie, which actually might be a TV series for all I know. I only caught a small scene of it. It had a woman walking through this deserted, dark neighbourhood at night. Eventually some huge, shadowy wolf creature sees her and chases her into some appartment building. She quickly runs into the elevator and closes the door/goes up. Creature notices this, runs up the stairs to get to her. Couple of floors later the monster is caught up, but she manages to quickly close the elevator door again and goes down. Once on the bottom floor again she runs outside and dives into a trash container where the shadowy wolf thing barely can't reach her for some reason or another. There was no background music during that whole scene.

Second the cartoon, I think it was some cartoon movie that was broadcast on Cartoon Network UK at some point? It was about this bridge with ghosts on it that re-appeared every year or something. Then at the end they'd form a giant cloud and return to the skies. It had some jester kind of character being a villain of sorts? I think he was trying to return to the afterlife because I also caught a glimpse of the ending and it had him jumping into the cloud to return to the skies too. Or something. Shit was weird.

Lastly the song. I think it was techno? I vaguely remember seeing the music video which was about a bunch of cutout images of motorcrossers and background elements sliding into place to create still images of a motorcross race, I guess. I think the title had '1999' or '2000' in it.
I mostly recall this bit of music repeating through most of the song which I shittily recreated on this online midi maker site. It's missing a female voice yelling 'yeayeah!' every once in awhile tho.

Lastly the song. I think it was techno? I vaguely remember seeing the music video which was about a bunch of cutout images of motorcrossers and background elements sliding into place to create still images of a motorcross race, I guess. I think the title had '1999' or '2000' in it.
I mostly recall this bit of music repeating through most of the song which I shittily recreated on this online midi maker site. It's missing a female voice yelling 'yeayeah!' every once in awhile tho.

Maybe one of the iterations of Binary Finary 1998/1999/2000?
https://youtu.be/QKwK-ZhTurg

Bravoexo

Can't remember an old black & white film about a group of dead knights brought back to life to help with a young knight's quest... Probably defeat some evil or something.. Was all medieval and sorcery that fascinated me

Number_6

Here's one that's been eluding me.

Youtube has a Google Pixel ad that plays before videos. It features a girl trying different hairstyles and/or outfits. She is framed from mid-torso upward in the video.

What's the song?

EDIT: Never mind, not really what the thread is for.

Stanng243

Okay gaf, don't let me down here. I'm looking for the name of 2 movies.

1: A girl goes to a party. She dies. Most of the rest of the movie is her spirit getting chased around trying to figure out how to get to heaven.

2: A girl gets sent to a correctional school, possibly a religious one. They get locked in as they are there for punishment. Someone is planning a ritual where they are going to sacrifice 5 of the girls to summon something.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
2: A girl gets sent to a correctional school, possibly a religious one. They get locked in as they are there for punishment. Someone is planning a ritual where they are going to sacrifice 5 of the girls to summon something.

Sounds like Suspiria, but I don't remember a "sacrifice 5 girls to summon something" part.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Asking for my sister

Okay do you know what show this is from ... it's a comedy skit about fat guys like sitting around a bar table and like are pulling lint and car keys out of their belly buttons?

Any ideas?

Jehuty1989

Neo Member
Hey everyone, my friend and I have spent the last 2 hours trying to remember the name of a cartoon and Google isn't coming up with any results. The only description I can give is that it's about 4 kids. 3 of them would go into a virtual/cyber world and the last kid would stay back as a hacker/support, he was in a wheelchair. When they were going into the virtual world they go through a pipe of sorts. 1 had a scooter, another had skates and the last had a skateboard. There's an episode where the kid in the wheelchair goes into the virtual world and he goes crazy with his new found power making him the bad guy of sorts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Volimar

Hey everyone, my friend and I have spent the last 2 hours trying to remember the name of a cartoon and Google isn't coming up with any results. The only description I can give is that it's about 4 kids. 3 of them would go into a virtual/cyber world and the last kid would stay back as a hacker/support, he was in a wheelchair. When they were going into the virtual world they go through a pipe of sorts. 1 had a scooter, another had skates and the last had a skateboard. There's an episode where the kid in the wheelchair goes into the virtual world and he goes crazy with his new found power making him the bad guy of sorts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this in the US?

PSqueak

Banned
First off the movie, which actually might be a TV series for all I know. I only caught a small scene of it. It had a woman walking through this deserted, dark neighbourhood at night. Eventually some huge, shadowy wolf creature sees her and chases her into some appartment building. She quickly runs into the elevator and closes the door/goes up. Creature notices this, runs up the stairs to get to her. Couple of floors later the monster is caught up, but she manages to quickly close the elevator door again and goes down. Once on the bottom floor again she runs outside and dives into a trash container where the shadowy wolf thing barely can't reach her for some reason or another. There was no background music during that whole scene.

Don't remember any scene being 1:1 to this, but it sounds a lot like Attack the Block.

Xe4

Banned
There was a graphic novel I read as a kid, although it may or may not have actually been for kids. It was about an explorer/ice climber and his dog, going on an expedition in the Arctic or on some mountain. I remember it was relatively realistically drawn, but nothing much else. I'm pretty sure the guy almost dies? It was a long time ago. I looked all over the internet but couldn't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Xe4

Banned

Sounds a bit like Code Lyoko, though there was no one in a wheel chair.

This is a longshot, but there's this cartoon I remember from when I was a kid. Must have been 5 or 6, so it would be the mid-80s.

It was about the magical tree that was made up of a bunch of treasures - six diamond acorns, seven emerald pinecones, eight gold nests, etc. Something had caused all the treasures to disappear and each episode centred around a bunch of kids recovering one of the treasure sets. I'm probably remembering most of the details of the treasures completely wrong, but does this ring a bell with anyone? Judging by the TV programs we got back then, it would have either been a US or UK cartoon.

wvnative

I remember a show, I think it was on Cartoon Network from the early 2000s, about a duck? It was CGI...

That's all I can remember and my attempts to google it have failed.

Mimosa97

I'm looking for a song in english but I only remember a few images from the video clip. There's like a band of troubadours/bohemians who are in a village and then they cross fields while singing/playing instruments at the same time and there are dwarves dressed like folks from the middle ages. The main singer or one of the singers is a white dude with long hair.

I dreamed about this clip last night and I can hear the music in my mind but not the lyrics.

caliph95

Some anime that was on Cartoon network i think probably wrong, it had a scene where when two Iirc main characters where the characters almost kiss the girl while the boy wasn't look and going for the kiss, extended what looked like vampire fangs. This is before the girl interrupted by a phone call.

Blackheim

I'm looking for a song in english but I only remember a few images from the video clip. There's like a band of troubadours/bohemians who are in a village and then they cross fields while singing/playing instruments at the same time and there are dwarves dressed like folks from the middle ages. The main singer or one of the singers is a white dude with long hair.

I dreamed about this clip last night and I can hear the music in my mind but not the lyrics.

Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance

luso

I think it was a British mini-series(?), in the late 90s/early 00's at most, about some a teenage girl and her story about been sexual abused, first by her parents who sell her "favors" to friends and other people and then she runs away or she goes/ends into some brothel. Not sure about this last part. Some dark stuff.

^
LOL yeah.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP

THATS IT!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME

This post is pretty old now, but this also reminded me that was a great short. I still somehow immediately remember having that Computer Warriors pilot on VHS (probably still do) when I just played a minute of it on youtube. Would have loved a series.

KAOz

Short bus special
Guys. I need help. This has been bugging me for years on end.

It was a show from the 90s. American, or maybe New Zeeland/Australian. It was about this alien (?) girl who lived with regular parents. And she had two hearts I think.
In one episode it was pouring rain and thunderstorms and some scary-ass older ladies from maybe her species was there to get her home. And they wielded lightning powers.

Google gives me nothing.

It was kind of Alex Mack-like, but it wasnt Alex Mack I think.

eso76

Fans of The Beatles needed !

So a very rare Italian Atari 8-Bit Beatles game (unofficial, obviously) was cracked and released.

http://www.vintageisthenewold.com/rare-italian-atari-8-bit-game-i-beatles-e-il-papiro-della-pace-by-lindasoft-cracked-and-released/

It's a text adventure with 8 bit renditions of classic Beatles songs and it bothers me to no end not being able to recognise this track in particular:

https://youtu.be/Z-Dg8_4U7po?t=1m58s

Yesterday, Come Together, Two of Us, Hey Jude etc are there and well made, but that second track..i don't think it's in any of the Beatles studio albums ?

Alright. This was on tv when I was like five or something and I've been trying to figure out what show it was from ever since.
Because I was young and it was a long time ago I don't remember a lot of details:

-I think the episode I want to find was part of one of those 'new story every episode' shows
-Dude lost his wife due to an accedent / murdered / something (I don't remember)
-Dude is really sad, wants to see his wife again and discovers the means to travel to parallel realities hoping to find one where his wife is still alive
-Something goes wrong, he loses control over his ability to travel to parallel realities making him travel to a new one over and over again and each one is more messed up than the last.

mclem

Fans of The Beatles needed !

So a very rare Italian Atari 8-Bit Beatles game (unofficial, obviously) was cracked and released.

http://www.vintageisthenewold.com/rare-italian-atari-8-bit-game-i-beatles-e-il-papiro-della-pace-by-lindasoft-cracked-and-released/

It's a text adventure with 8 bit renditions of classic Beatles songs and it bothers me to no end not being able to recognise this track in particular:

https://youtu.be/Z-Dg8_4U7po?t=1m58s

Yesterday, Come Together, Two of Us, Hey Jude etc are there and well made, but that second track..i don't think it's in any of the Beatles studio albums ?

Huh, yes I do recognise that... but not as a Beatles track. I'm pretty sure it's a rendition of I Believe, recorded originally by Frankie Laine but also notably by some guy named Elvis - and, of course, Robson and Jerome - and I'm not aware of the Beatles ever covering it.

eso76

Huh, yes I do recognise that... but not as a Beatles track. I'm pretty sure it's a rendition of I Believe, recorded originally by Frankie Laine but also notably by some guy named Elvis - and, of course, Robson and Jerome - and I'm not aware of the Beatles ever covering it.

Wow, yeah sounds like it or some slighlty more upbeat version of it anyway.
But if the Beatles covered it, it must have been some extemporaneous performance, because i don't see it mentioned anywhere. Weird.

Thanks, now i know why I didn't recognise it as part of their discography

Does anybody remember the name of that video of the dude on Nintendo chat who becomes infatuated with some girl he meets, then panics when she doesn't respond fast enough? Am I remembering that right? I recall it being pretty hysterical.

eso76

Ok, this is driving me nuts.
I was able to find it once but I forgot again.

So there was this average or below average or possibly terrible TV show from around 1989/1992 that used the same formula as Three's company but in reverse (1 girl 2 guys). The girl was blonde, possibly former playmate ?

One of the 2 guys was also the protagonist in a movie with a troll/hobgoblin/elf or some other kind of friendly (iirc) creature set in modern times.
Curly, dark hair.
I think he might have died from AIDS.

Either the name of the movie or TV show will do

Found it (in a list of worst sitcoms ever)
We got it made
Teri Copley is the girl
Tom Villard is the actor who died of AIDS related pneumonia at 40. Was in a lot more movies than I thought.

Couldn't find the title of the troll/gnome/elf movie but it shouldn't​ be hard now.

Top Bottom