• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I desperately need some sympathy.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
So he ends up breaking his new TV with that instead? What he needs is one of these:
iu
No ?

You're supposed to use it when the fly is... flying. This is so effective.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Good luck chasing your fly during 1 hour with your thing.

Last edited:

adamosmaki

you done stupid. Well to make you feel a bit better today i spent 150euros trying to diagnose a problem on my car took it to 3 electricians ( The alarm kept going on) and the problem was the key needed a new battery

Zonned

Neo Member
So my TV is 3 months out of warranty. This morning I'm playing a quick round of Hell Let Loose before work.

Along comes a housefly which is the first one I've seen in months which is odd, especially as it's winter here. Now of course this fly is about as interested in my tv screen as I am. He eventually decides that the place to be is about an inch to right of my aiming reticle or whatever you call it.

Now I'd like to think that I'm not a complete idiot, as well as the fact that I don't own a fly swatter. On the rare occasion this has happened before, my go to move has always been to shoo the fly away a couple of times before grabbing a spare tshirt to swat it with, as I don't want to risk damaging my tv.

Well this morning this fly was persistent, and I was in luck because my son had just so happened to leave one of his shirts on the arm of the couch. So I grab the shirt, and wait for a few seconds for the fly to inevitably return. He doesn't disappoint, and so I swat the fly, and grab my controller to get back to my game.

Only for some strange reason there was an audible crack sound that didn't usually accompany such a move. Unbeknownst to me the shirt had a zipper on it. Well, I don't think much else needs to be said really. The worst part is that my tv is now basically junk due to the panel being cracked, and it's going to be several months before I can drop that kind of money on another tv. Even worse is that my wife, as well as basically everyone I know just laughs when I tell them what happened. Sure I get that it's a funny story, but there's still the fact that I'm now without a TV for the next few months.

I need the kind of help and support only a place like Gaf can provide. Any way we could have a brief little pity party for me and my life changing situation? Even a simple post offering condolences would help.
Check walmart they literally have a 50" onn 4k tv for $198.

YIIJDFf.jpg

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is some lost HQ content that I felt was just a relic of the past... Sorry for being so mean but your pain wasn't in vane.

Top Bottom