• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a strange smell coming from behind my ear..

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
This one-liner has me in tears right now! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In all seriousness, as I said earlier in the thread, I did a quick swipe of my finger behind my ear to confirm the origin of the scent.
Fingers can smell like butt, too. Specially when you do butt-stuff with em. But I trust you accounted for that.

Regardless, hope you figure out what's going on and report back because it's quite the compelling mystery.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The butt stuff is fine. I have nothing against it.

But this is something way more cheesier. 🧀

Cheesy cheddar

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
fox tv help GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

Treasure Hunter

Neo Member
A dermatologist can detect if there is anything wrong behind the ear, for instance lipomas (a small lump of fat that grows under the skin, and it grows slowly but in time can reach considerable size) do have this bad habit of spreading an unpleasant smell.

FeralEcho

Must be from all those lunches you stole over time...Karma came to take its due,tomorrow it's sunday,you better go to church and atone for your sins.Confession time baby.

That,or just wash your ears with soap like a normal human you dirty sinner.

simpatico

Might want to try an antifungal. Watered down bleach would be an easy start. Make sure not to get it in your hair though.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Some months ago I became aware of some small rough skin behind my ear and nose (just below my eyes). Got some ointment and in a week or 3 it was completely gone.

Weird shit happens.

I'm having some blue cheese tonight in support of you friend.

Last edited:

Trunx81

obrazek.php

Get this, it cleans up any human mold or fungi, its free in pharmacies, no need for rx. Given that I have strong plague psoriasis, I am expert at this stuff.
Was about to recommend the same thing. You are not alone with this, Hops. As we all get older, nasty things tend to creep up to our bodies. This creme will make you better, stronger. We got the technology.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Was about to recommend the same thing. You are not alone with this, Hops. As we all get older, nasty things tend to creep up to our bodies. This creme will make you better, stronger. We got the technology.
I only wish it smelled like pickles, though.
That would be awesome and I wouldn't complain. :D

Carbs, yes.
Sugars, no.
Talk to your doctor. Mention Candida. I had the same thing once, but mine smelled like Parmesan cheese. Lol

It was Candida after a surgery. Laying around recovering eating a lot of snacks and carbs. (Breads, rice, some pasta). Crackers and pretzels specifically, and drinking soda.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm not horribly disgusted by 4's predicament, as it's a medical thing that will likely be remedied and I'm rooting for you mate.

But I am, thanks partially to talk of blue cheese and pickles, mildly disgusted. To help visualise the nuance to this, I am providing a visual representation of said mild disgust.

disgust.jpg

Top Bottom