• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope Nintendogs will make a return on Nintendo Switch

Hazu

I don't know how Nintendogs was perceived by GAF back during the Nintendo DS era, but it was by far one of my biggest surprise during that generation. I haven't played the 3DS version since I kinda feel like it didn't bring much to the series, but I think it's time for the series to make a return on Nintendo Switch.

Here's what I'd like them to add with this new game :

- Make the game free to play with at least 5 dog/cat races available right from the start. Unlock other races by either buying Amiibo figures/cards or by using another in-game currency (could be My Nintendo points).

- Allow us to use the Joy-Con to throw objects or interract with our pet.

- I don't know is this would be too hard to implement, but making the game compatible with Miitomo would be pretty cool I think. Being able to have your pet in your Miitomo's room. Would also be a great with to use the application as some kind of Tamagotchi while we are far away.

This is what comes to my mind right now, feel free to add more ideas for a Nintendogs sequel! :)

Soran

Nintendog audience is now on Smartphone so I don't see the point of it. Portability is the most important thing for virtual pets and a smartphone is more portable than the Switch.

Oregano

Well, I wouldn't mind them making the game on mobile, but hopefully it will also be compatible on the Switch (if it happens).

I honestly thought Nintendogs would be one of their first mobile games considering Hideki Konno is in charge of that stuff.

13ruce

Banned
I agree i loved Nintendogs.
It's better suited for mobile but i certainly would not mind a full Switch game.

I feel bad for all the free to play fans hoping for it, but nintendogs kinda died off with the 3DS versions, kinda like how Love Plus died.

Epcott

I think mobile is more likely and probably a better choice for a F2P entry.
Yaaaasssss

Well, I wouldn't mind them making the game on mobile, but hopefully it will also be compatible on the Switch (if it happens).
Brilliant.

If they were smart, a mobile app with amazing AI that played the part of your pet while out the house (walking with the app like walking your dog and finding things like Pokemon Go), only to return him home when linking with docked Switch... would be amazing!

Top Bottom