• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just realize that retail store don;t sell brand new ps4 anymore...

So my friend was looking to get a good ols ps4 so i check online. To ym shock there ain't any new ps4 or ps4 pro available. Best possible alternative would be get a used console from gamestop and buy warrenty. Since when did this happen? You can;t find a ps4 nor ps5 in store in usa.

i think you can buy the slimes sony killed the OG ps4 awhile ago the only way to get a OG is from the used market Sony discontinued the pro right before the ps5 launched so what ever pros are out there right now is it there are no newly produced ps4 pros hey pulled the plug on DS4 controllers as well they just started making more DS4 constrollers.

MadViking

Here you cannot buy new PS4 pro anymore. PS4 slim are still available but the 500GB version costs now almost the same as PS4 Pro 1TB before.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Pretty sure base model Xbox One and PS4 have been hard to find since covid.

Heck, I sold my Xbox One X with a bunch of old games and a second controller for almost $500 cdn. Couldnt believe it.

Kuranghi

You in the UK? I'm looking to sell my PS4 Pro, its well kept and I'd rather sell it to someone who's going to play it than something like music magpie.

here in the UK they do...unless they stopped very recently. nope just checked they are still selling them although it seems stock is low. some places have cut prices. probably trying to get rid of them now.

i was disappointed in the PS5 and regretted selling my PS4 so was looking to get one again. i could've bought new but bought second hand.

I just got back from Neogafs favorite store, Gamestop.
They don't have any PS4, or PS4PRO consoles new or used.
They also did not have any PS5's OR PS5 Controllers. I thought they would at least have dual sense controllers but nope.
I did see several used PS4 controllers, so those are still around with Neogafs favorite store's refurbished stamp of approval.

keraj37

I just got back from Neogafs favorite store, Gamestop.
They don't have any PS4, or PS4PRO consoles new or used.
They also did not have any PS5's OR PS5 Controllers. I thought they would at least have dual sense controllers but nope.
I did see several used PS4 controllers, so those are still around with Neogafs favorite store's refurbished stamp of approval.
That comment squeezes some shorts here

RoadHazard

Gold Member
here in the UK they do...unless they stopped very recently. nope just checked they are still selling them although it seems stock is low. some places have cut prices. probably trying to get rid of them now.

i was disappointed in the PS5 and regretted selling my PS4 so was looking to get one again. i could've bought new but bought second hand.

Lol, why? There's nothing the PS4 does better than the PS5. Except take up a little less space I guess.

Rayderism

I've always wondered what constitutes a system being "refurbished". I mean, do they actually check them beyond a few minutes of running a game, like running some diagnostic program on them? Do they actually replace components in them? Do they re-paste the heatsinks? Or is it more like just shining up the casing/controllers and putting it in a box to sell it, if it "appears" to work fine?

I've always wondered what constitutes a system being "refurbished". I mean, do they actually check them beyond a few minutes of running a game, like running some diagnostic program on them? Do they actually replace components in them? Do they re-paste the heatsinks? Or is it more like just shining up the casing/controllers and putting it in a box to sell it, if it "appears" to work fine?
you are joking I hope

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The Pro is discontinued
but one of the biggest ports for goods has been closed for some time in China due to a COVID outbreak there.
This has effected all transportation of electrical goods worldwide

Maybe that's the reason.

Top Bottom