• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just upload a fake image to instagram and i feel horrible for it

This sort of thing is the main reason i left facebook several years ago. In this age people seem to need to seek constant validation for any reason they can think of. Facebook is full of people posting other people stuff (pics with "inspirational" quotes for example) and watching the likes come in. Or exaggerated versions of the truth (at the best party ever,amazing time - but your there and know its a boring party where most people dont like each other very much). So yeah this stuff doesn't surprise me. I just have never really understood this need to get praise from people that dont mean anything to you for basically nothing.

I guess its easier that actually doing something and seeing if people like it?

This sort of thing is the main reason i left facebook several years ago. In this age people seem to need to seek constant validation for any reason they can think of. Facebook is full of people posting other people stuff (pics with "inspirational" quotes for example) and watching the likes come in. Or exaggerated versions of the truth (at the best party ever,amazing time - but your there and know its a boring party where most people dont like each other very much). So yeah this stuff doesn't surprise me. I just have never really understood this need to get praise from people that dont mean anything to you for basically nothing.

I guess its easier that actually doing something and seeing if people like it?

You take Facebook way too seriously.

Apathy

38LaYIbG8PANkIv4iCnYN6hQomY=.gif

You take Facebook way too seriously.

Not really. It just had nothing remotely interesting on it anymore. It was pretty much just that crap. So i stopped using it. This was several years ago now.

Its pretty common in all forms of social media. Even flickr is full of groups where you have to award people pics by rule of the group just leading to everyone posting meaningless awards on random pictures. Its not really appreciation or criticism its meaningless. People like it and thats fine in those cases but i do t get it personally. What the OP is doing is worse though. Its not even getting empty praise for your work. Its getting praise for someone elses praise. I.more curious to know what people actually get out of doing that than anything else.

If you need to lawyer up OP, call me. I'm the best you can find, was the best in my class at DeVry.

And if you need someone there to defend you when you face God's judgment for this heinous act, I got my bachelor's from Liberty, so my services extend to the afterlife.

hydruxo

You are already dead.

In all seriousness, either just edit in the source of the pic or delete it. No need to fret over it.

MCN

Banned
Deny everything. If somebody calls you out on it, double down on your denial. Get an army of basement dwellers to doxx them. If you can't be right the correct way, force your rightness on the world. Destroy anyone who denies your superiority.

Way to seriously. Comes off as try hard af.

You dont think social media is full of people "faking it" or looking for empty praise? Obviously not everyone uses it for that but its pretty common.

The try hard as fuck line is kind of a petty response lol. Sorry if i offended you somehow.

You dont think social media is full of people "faking it" or looking for empty praise? Obviously not everyone uses it for that but its pretty common.

The try hard as fuck line is kind of a petty response lol. Sorry if i offended you somehow.

Don't worry Omega. I agree with you. Social media is full of people faking it, exaggerating and straight up lying. Instagram and Facebook are the worst contenders.

15659597.gif

This place...

I'm convinced at least 25% of GAF is made out of barely functioning human disasters without a hint of self-awareness or common sense, just for the benefit and entertainment of the remaining 75%.

Which camp you belong to is between you and your god.

Santiako

15659597.gif

This place...

I'm convinced at least 25% of GAF is made out of barely functioning human disasters without a hint of self-awareness or common sense, just for the benefit and entertainment of the remaining 75%.

Which camp you belong this is between you and your god.

Help GAF I accidentally retweeted a girl. What do I do?

Top Bottom