• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know this is not a med clinic, but something just scared the shit out of me

Whitecrow

Banned
Probably I'm gonna see a doctor too, but before I wake up my family and bother them, I need some checking from other people.

1. I'm in the abstinence period of one antidepressant, just a slight discomfort, but nothing serious. Saying this for context.

2. I took one diazepam pill, just 10mg, and suddently I'm now like if I had dring 5 red bulls. Had a nervous insta-hit to the stomach and the chest.
And I say this because I never felt this 'attacked' from anything until now.

Does this happened to anyone else?
Is the first time this med made this reaction. And Im kinda scared right now...
is there any explanation?.... T_T

GAMETA

Banned
How are your heart beats? Is the heart beating too fast? Can you check your blood pressure?

If you feel dizzy, have high blood pressure and/or the heart is going like crazy it's better to go see a doctor.

Last edited:
Pretty sure quiting some antidepressants can trigger mania/hypomania. What drug was it? Some are notoriously bad when you quit them cold turkey.

Whitecrow

Banned
Sorry for the late replies,somehow I got to sleep a bit.
Do you get panic attacks?
I dont.
How are your heart beats? Is the heart beating too fast? Can you check your blood pressure?

If you feel dizzy, have high blood pressure and/or the heart is going like crazy it's better to go see a doctor.
Everything eemed normal. Still I felt pressure aroudn the stomach.

Pretty sure quiting some antidepressants can trigger mania/hypomania. What drug was it? Some are notoriously bad when you quit them cold turkey.
Fluvoxamine.
I quited them a couple of times before, gradually of course, so I expect a rollercoaster of symptoms I'm not afraid of.
What drug class is the antidepressant? SSRI?
Exactly.

This is really weird. I can still feel like I'm not good yet, but I'm in a manageable state.

I'll tell my parents today and see if they know something. I'm not sure about going to the doctor because it's in the town near-by that is full of Covid : (

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Go with your gut. If you think you need to get checked out, do not hesitate at all. It's better to fork over some cash and reach some kind of conclusion with professional doctors imo. And if Covid-19 is what is preventing you from paying the doctors a visit you can always wear two masks, goggles, and a face shield to be extra cautious. I went to the ER on January 12th for something that could have been potentially life-threatening and my worries were the same as yours. But they had a non-covid ER and then there was the ER that helped patients recover from the virus in some other area. It's worth it to rule some things out. You can always check in with your general practitioner or some other doctor afterwards if you need to or just want a second opinion to be sure

Was in a similar situation two weeks ago. Something serious as fuck came out of nowhere one day, just hit me unexpectedly one morning. I made the mistake of waiting two days after initial symptoms instead of going right away and the stress and worry in itself is something you do not want hanging around your head. I would say drive to a hospital you trust, greet the nurses outside the Emergency Room and they will ask what you're dealing with, take your temperature, and then you're inside and they'll take care of you; will figure out the best solution to help

I live in California, in the county with the most recorded Covid-19 related deaths in the state. When I went, at about 9:30am, I was first in line. They had everything under complete control, I didn't have to wait a single minute to get admitted in and start talking with all the nurses to get to the bottom of my issue. I'm not going to lie, I expected to be waiting in line for hours and was thinking I'd see the hospital staff in a state of disarray or something based off what news outlets were saying about hospitalizations. But it wasn't like that at all at the hospital I visited. So I would 100% get checked out if you are feeling discomfort with your stomach or chest bro, it's worth it to have some peace of mind at the very least

Soothing music in the meantime will help you relax and lower stress levels significantly

Whitecrow

Banned
Go with your gut. If you think you need to get checked out, do not hesitate at all. It's better to fork over some cash and reach some kind of conclusion with professional doctors imo. And if Covid-19 is what is preventing you from paying the doctors a visit you can always wear two masks, goggles, and a face shield to be extra cautious. I went to the ER on January 12th for something that could have been potentially life-threatening and my worries were the same as yours. But they had a non-covid ER and then there was the ER that helped patients recover from the virus in some other area. It's worth it to rule some things out. You can always check in with your general practitioner or some other doctor afterwards if you need to or just want a second opinion to be sure

Was in a similar situation two weeks ago. Something serious as fuck came out of nowhere one day, just hit me unexpectedly one morning. I made the mistake of waiting two days after initial symptoms instead of going right away and the stress and worry in itself is something you do not want hanging around your head. I would say drive to a hospital you trust, greet the nurses outside the Emergency Room and they will ask what you're dealing with, take your temperature, and then you're inside and they'll take care of you; will figure out the best solution to help

I live in California, in the county with the most recorded Covid-19 related deaths in the state. When I went, at about 9:30am, I was first in line. They had everything under complete control, I didn't have to wait a single minute to get admitted in and start talking with all the nurses to get to the bottom of my issue. I'm not going to lie, I expected to be waiting in line for hours and was thinking I'd see the hospital staff in a state of disarray or something based off what news outlets were saying about hospitalizations. But it wasn't like that at all at the hospital I visited. So I would 100% get checked out if you are feeling discomfort with your stomach or chest bro, it's worth it to have some peace of mind at the very least

Soothing music in the meantime will help you relax and lower stress levels significantly
Thank you for sharing. Will do just as you then. Will not wait, just in case. Peace of mind is very appreciated : )

eot

Banned
Go to the doctor, wear a good mask and you’ll be fine. I have family who’ve dealt with covid patients since the beginning and haven’t been infected yet. Proper masks work.

Covid discouraging people from seeking health care might actually be more damaging long term than the direct effects of the virus.

Last edited:
Had a friend that was taking wellbutrin to quit smoking and decided to quit it cold turkey so he could party with us in Vegas for a long weekend. On the day we were supposed to fly out something happened and he just freaked out and thought he was having a heart attack or something. He got checked out by some EMTs. We had to get a wheelchair to wheel him out of our hotel and at the airport as he could barely walk.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
DON'T FUCK WITH BENZOS, if you don't need to. Also Benzos are useless for depression, those are anti-anxiety meds. Good for you, Vlium/Diazepam is pretty mild. Proceed with caution on whatever ending with lam/pam...

Alebrije

Go see a doctor

Also try scream theraphy , just go outside by 3 am and scream whatever you want , like fuck life, fuck this, fuck those...etc it works I been doing this for days ,only complain is that recently a guy from the end of the block has been stalking me...I should call the police.

Last edited:
Are you saying you're feeling really wired?

Just enjoy it

Nothing beats the euphoria of some good stims

Even though you've had a benzo, but sometimes the effects can be reversed

Last edited:
I’ve taken Luvox before - supposedly the gold standard for OCD despite it being an SSRI. Shouldn’t be too bad, just very uncomfortable.
Expect those uncomfortable brain zaps every 2 seconds though. You probably already have ‘em if you’re gonna get ‘em though. PITA.

We’re you not able to titrate down your dose? Why go CT or did I misunderstand you.

DESTROYA

Go see a doctor

Also try scream theraphy , just go outside by 3 am and scream whatever you want , like fuck life, fuck this, fuck those...etc it works I been doing this for days ,only complain is that recently a guy from the end of the block has been stalking me...I should call the police.
Good suggestion about going to see a Dr.

Scream therapy not so much unless you live in the middle of nowhere miles away from other people.
Scream into a pillow or something else instead of unleashing blood curdling screams at 3AM , if I was your neighbor I would stalk you and call police too to make sure your not a seriel killer or anything.

Top Bottom