• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love you, google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
In my day to day, I use google WAY TOO DAMN MUCH.

1. "Write a competitive analysis about laundry shops in the Kent area."
-I type in Laundry kent ohio
--I'm presented with yellowpages listings of laundry shops in the kent area! Along with directions from the awesome new maps.google.com system.

2. "I like lilacs. And the color blue."
-Within 30 seconds, I have the names of a few breeds of blue lilacs (Including President Lincoln!)

3. "Meet me at Fairlawn."
-maps.google.com brings me a nice map to a location
--the other guy waffles oh wai- :D

But yeah, I never had a real use for a search engine like this before--but now I find myself using it more and more every day. Sheesh. :X

ToxicAdam

Alot of times, I can't spell a word .. So I will just type what is close enough in google... and viola ... google makes me look like a coherent poster.

Suerte

ToxicAdam said:
Alot of times, I can't spell a word .. So I will just type what is close enough in google... and viola ... google makes me look like a coherent poster.

Haha, I use it for that too sometimes :D

Meier

ToxicAdam said:

Effective use of irony.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I use google for researching tech(spyware, error msgs, etc...) issues all the time. google is da smartestest!

Tedesco!

Matlock said:
In my day to day, I use google WAY TOO DAMN MUCH.

1. "Write a competitive analysis about laundry shops in the Kent area."
-I type in Laundry kent ohio

If it's not Laundry 101, then there is no reason to wash your clothes!

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
Yes, Google rules! Only with google could I find a cute picture of a sleepy Koala in a few seconds without even looking for it!

Sleepy%20Koala.jpg

Random searches = fun!

NLB2

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
What about a viola?

lexi

Banned
I was just about to make a similar thread, Google is a way of life for me now, I use its other functions more then I search.

Google Calculator and Google Maps/Directory > The Internet

lockii said:
I was just about to make a similar thread, Google is a way of life for me now, I use its other functions more then I search.

Google Calculator and Google Maps/Directory > The Internet
Heh, after I lost my graphing calculator, Google has pretty much been my calculator. Thank goodness logs and exponents are the most advanced stuff I use nowadays. It was also pretty neat how it would recognize "c" or "h" and even use the correct units.

Mashing

DarienA said:
I use google for researching tech(spyware, error msgs, etc...) issues all the time. google is da smartestest!

Good thing too. Microsoft even recommends you use Google to search their own site. Google spiderbots > *

Link

The Autumn Wind
ToxicAdam said:
At least I'm not the only one who does this.
TheTurtleTitan said:
I remember a time when I didn't have the Internet (nor a search engine), and to finish a report, I had to go to the Library for Godsake.
Seriously. I can't even remember how I got by like that. I don't think I've been to a library in years.

It's been my homepage for a very long time now. I use it for everything. When I tell people I'll look into something or that I'll investigate, I just go through google for a little bit and usually find what I need.

I <3 google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom