• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I start work on Monday. What do you do for Breakfast & Lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast:

Usually toasted bagel with butter, sometimes cream cheese, tomato, and onion, and sometimes a flavored cream cheese. One cup of tea.
Sometimes a bowl of frosted flakes or oatmeal.
Sometimes when I'm stupid I eat two Eggo waffles and then have a headache by 10am; Same goes for cereal.

Lunch:

Some sort of sandwich I make 2 or 3 times a week. Other 2 or 3 times a week I go and get something. Once every few months I bring a ramen noodles.

nampad

I usually don't do breakfast except when I stay at a hotel for a project or training. I am rarely at my companies office but when I am there I always eat lunch at the cantina.

At the client, it depends on whether they have a cantina and if it is good. Else, I go out eating at some smaller restaurant or just get some bread rolls. It is funny how much the quality of a cantina can differ between the various clients I work for.

Damerman

vd4SBOF.jpg

Here is food i just preped for the week save for friday because I'm gonna eat out then.

Broccoli, chicken with the most basic spices and mashed sweet potatoes. Dassit. Breakfast is overnight oats with honey and peanut butter and for dinner i'll have leaves(either spinach or arugula) with sardine.

Katori

I don't eat breakfast except a McGriddle maybe once a month. Some work friends and I used to go get them about once a week but they are trying to be healthier.

For lunch, on my three days in the office we go out. Sometimes fast food but usually local ethnic spots. I could bring my lunch and save money, but the ethnic places are pretty cheap. Every once in a while we go to nice restaurants.

On my days at home I just eat sandwiches and leftovers. Sometimes my girlfriend and I will go out to lunch, especially if we're running errands, but usually we eat at home. I don't go grocery shopping often so I scrape the bottom of the barrel a lot.

Tech/IT industry btw.

suikoden352

Neo Member
I take a package of frosted strawberry pop tarts and eat them at my desk to start my day while I type in reports. I pour a travel bottle of juicy juice apple juice to take with me and drink through the day. Don't hate what works. For lunch, I just wing it since I work for the state. If I am not out and about, I may go home and chill out for lunch and eat chips or something. If I'm busy, i may get a lunch box combo from the lil Caesar's nearby where I work and eat at my desk. If I'm out and about and have time for lunch and sometimes i don't, I may stop somewhere and eat that does buffet so I can just pay once and get all I want. It just depends on what I have going on.

neoemonk

Instant Oatmeal in the office for breakfast. I'd buy them from Costco if you can. If you're lucky your office has a coffee maker with a hot water tap for tea, if not there's the microwave.

Lunch - usually leftovers from dinner the night before. Try to go out twice a month with coworkers for social reasons.

For breakfast, a cup (or two) of coffee and either a small bowl of cereal or a schmeared bagel half.

For lunch, one frozen tamale from Trader Joe's (with hot sauce). I'll snack on various things when I get hungry - usually crackers, but also fruit, nuts, and the occasional pastry if the bosses/secretary have brought them in for the whole office.

I will occasionally treat myself to Taco Bell (for lunch) and more often a pastry from Starbucks (for a snack).

My work just provides it for free.

Must be nice lol

I work at a very prestigious restaurant so I'm in a pretty similar situation. While we don't get to eat the actual food on the menu, we have "family meal" which is cooked in bulk before the shift starts. Typically I take leftovers home which I eat on my days off. We don't have a company match on 401k, medical, or dental as a benefit, but at least we have food lol. I did the math and we are severely getting ripped off :/

PaulloDEC

Bowl of cereal and a glass of water for breakfast. I don't wake up early enough for anything more complicated.

For lunch, I tend to go with:

• Two pieces of fruit (apple and banana usually)
• Bag of crackers (usually something like these)
• Almonds (dry roasted, maybe eight on average)
• Sandwich (peanut butter + jam or ham + cheese commonly)
• Something sweet (a piece of slice usually).

Korey

As an adult, you don't have to eat breakfast anymore. A lot of people skip it.

That "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" shit is a myth.

Jacknapes

Usually, i eat porridge when i get to work. Luckily, my place lets you eat at your desk. Lunch is whatever i find in the cupboard/fridge. Today, i got noodles and a chocolate bar.

As an adult, I can't believe I'm reading a thread made by another (apparent) adult asking what to eat for breakfast.

That being said, I love breakfast. The best thing about working for myself is that I can take some time in the morning, cook something delicious (eggs, turkey bacon, bagel) and drink my coffee slowly.

peach

As an adult, I can't believe I'm reading a thread made by another (apparent) adult asking what to eat for breakfast.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like he just got his first teaching job and is looking for ideas, not actually asking what breakfast food is. I'm 30, have been teaching since I was 22, and still get on Pinterest for meal ideas...

OP I've varied what I do each year of teaching. Here's what last year looked like- I prep everything on Sunday after a trip to Aldi. Get into a routine so you don't slack and get hungry or go out (unless you want to eat out...I don't to save money).

Note- my husband and I went vegetarian a few years ago so definitely add meat in if you want.

Breakfast (on days I do early yoga)
-Soy protein powder with almond milk and egg whites

Breakfast (on days I don't yoga)
-Egg cups (scramble eggs into muffin tins, add veg and cheese, bake 350 for 30 min) with hot sauce
Or
-Toast w PB
Or
-Greek yogurt, chia seed, fruit (prepared in mason jars)

Breakfast (when I want to sleep in)
-2 packs of instant oatmeal in a mug with hot water from the water cooler at work

Lunch
*My favorite - Boca chicken patty on a tortilla with cheese, lettuce, and mayo
Or
-PB & Rice cakes
Or
-spaghetti squash with cheese and veg
Or
-egg cups if I don't eat them for breakfast

For snacks I have almonds or peanuts in my desk, protein bars, and sometimes I keep cottage cheese in my friend's fridge. If I'm going to work out after work or tutoring after school, I pack some extra lunch or some fruits or veggies.

You'll figure it out, it's all trial and error. And make sure to take some 'me' time on your lunch break. Teachers have a guilt complex about doing that...I know, I worked through lunch for many years, but I don't anymore. You can be dedicated to your job but also care about yourself :)

Ovek

7Member7
I usually drink a "super green" and protein shake for breakfast, for lunch something I make whilst swigging my morning shake like a healthy sandwich wrap because fuck bread.

Ovek

7Member7

It really isn't a myth and you would realise that if you had a healthy breakfast every morning.

Intermittent fasting, so 0 Cal for breakfast. Whatever I want between 12pm-8pm. Usually get 1500-2000 cal a day. Never felt better after skipping breakfast

kromeo

I don't eat breakfast and never have, I just really don't feel like eating anything as soon as I wake up. Even if I planned to I'd rather just have the 15 extra minutes in bed anyway

cormack12

Gold Member
Get ready for work
Protein shake
Get to work
Throw some eggs in the microwave (scrambled) and a piece of wholegrain toast.

Lunch
Usually chicken and bacon sandwich on malted bread, either made at home night before or we have a fresh deli downstairs.

KorrZ

I had this mistaken belief for the longest time. It's totally wrong. Once you start eating a good, energy filled breakfast every morning you realize how much you've fucked up.

Fbh

Breakfast:

A coffee, that's it. I know it's better for you to eath breakfast but honestly I'd rather sleep 10 more minutes in the morning

Lunch:

Most of the time I just cook an extra portion for dinner and take that to work. Depending on what/how you cook it's healthy, home mode, varied (I really couldn't eat the same thing every day) and saves you a ton of money. My co workers who buy stuff almost every day can easily spend $250+ on lunch in a month. I spend less for all the food in the month including dinner and weekends.

Enkidu

For breakfast I either eat a light sandwich before work or skip it. For lunch we go out and eat at some nearby restaurant depending on what they are serving that day,

bman94

Why would your breakfast change? Just eat the same you do now.
Few reasons, in college I mostly ate in school's cafeteria and that's obviously no longer an option.

Over the summer I would eat Cereal but I'm a little lactose intolerant, so I don't want to be at work farting up a storm.

Ovek

7Member7
Protein shakes don't count as healthy.

Never said they were, a super green shake however is and adding a some pure whey protein powder isn't going to hurt especially if your hitting the gym before work like I do.

Greddleok

I grab a pretzel and some ham from a corner shop on the way and eat it on the bus.

Lunch I go to the University cafeteria with some of the students.

Make friends with your coworkers and go out with them for lunch every once in a while... dont be the weird guy no one hangs out with cause you will be the first to go when they do layoffs.

Breakfast... if you wake up early enough, get a good meal in. Else just bring a shake and some fruits to work.
What a shit filled post about being the guy who gets laid off if he doesn't lunch with folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom